It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Comparing Stories of The Past. Would Ours Be Similar?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   
I was listening to something on the radio, and noticed that we have historic stories of all kinds. Floods, droughts, wars, famine, etc,. Now all of those are relevant in our time, and we have our own interpretations of what they are, some of us think its global warming, others biblical, coincidental, or even ordinary.

If 100 years from now or even 1000 years from now, who's story would be the most relevant? Could we rewrite the bible, and add all of what is going on today, with some form of religious tones?

Could we start a 1000 yr old Environmental movement? Where we dismiss coincidence, and biblical info, with the fault of humanity, and blame the people?

If we had an essay contest, and had to share what we personally thought was at fault for what we as a people and how our earth is treated, do you think that we would have more similar stories as a group, or more diverse?

So, I am asking the opinions of others, what "history" do you think will be explain away for the causes for what is happening to us and our planet?

Peace, NRE.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
Believe me, I didnt think this was going to be a simple analogy or question. It took hundreds, even thousands of years to answer (or make up) what the winners chose. I just think that with the information we have today, it would be simpler to achieve.

Peace, NRE.

new topics

join