It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

new member long time lurker. Film/Media and firearms is my game, hope to help out here.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   
Hi everyone, I am glad to be here on this site. I have been reading posts and lurking for quite some time now, and decided I finally should join and become involved in some way. Maybe even help out and add to the ongoing knowledge being passed on here at this site all the time.

My background is actually quite varied and I am not sure if could be of any helpfulness to the community.

First half of my background: I studied and received a degree in media/film production. I work on a contract basis on a number of types of media projects and consulting gigs. I am hoping to be able to answer any photo or video questions, or at least throw some good info into the mix since I know there are many other members with similar backgrounds. Editing is my main source of work, but I also do a lot of camera work (video/film/photo) and lighting/rigging. So if I can help with questions on a video and if it is legit I hope to be able to use my background and experiences to help out in anyway possible.

The second half is very different then the first: I work in the firearms industry. I have been to many different manufacture's training programs and armorer schools. I primarily work with small arms, such as pistols/rifles. Mostly repairs and minor upgrades. I do find myself doing a good bit of custom work and modifications for specific customer requests and operating environments. I won't be listing who I work for directly but its nothing special/fancy so please don't take it that way haha. I just put this part in here because I have seen a couple posts regarding weapons either identifying them or just comments based on the main story having some sort of part with guns in it. I am obviously pro-gun and support peoples right to arms. But I am not one those super pro-gun in your face type of people. I respect people if they are for or against guns, as that is their choice and I respect both sides of it. I have made the choice to not only own and use firearms in a safe and responsible manner, but to actually make a bit of money and help people with it. It is very rewarding for me because I find myself on the end-user side of things and the manufacture/retail side. I also shoot competitively in a number of national level series and disciplines.
(I also am pretty darn handy at IDing weapons from video or photos, so if anyone has any doubt or questions on a specfic weapon in media I would like to help if at all possible.)

Once again, I am very appreciative of such a community and being able to be a part of it, and I hope to be able to not only read and respond to posts, but also hopefully start my own threads eventually to pass on any of my experiences that might be of help or interest to my fellow ATS members.

Why I joined is hard to say specifically…but the other night I had a very odd sighting that likely was some sort of UFO or comet? I know very little about these things and obviously won't be posting about that right now until my 20 post count..but that event the other night made me consider joining the site for real instead of just lurking.

I hope to be useful to the collective group here, and glad to have a place to discuss these matters as not always something that friends/family would ever understand. I'm not always a believer of everything I read..but its nice to have a place to give me access to lots of events that I can then decide for myself.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by ljcsponger87

Hi ljcsponger87, and welcome to the Introductions Forum, a place to say hello to the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's) Private Messages to Staff only for now. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, links and more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use (Please read)

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:06 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS,and I look forward to reading your posts.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   

Nice intro, and welcome aboard! You won't be disappointed with most of the conversations here. I say most cuz there will always be a troll or smart a#* in the mix.
I think your expertise will be a valuable part of the community.
For some good ufo stuff, check This

Peace,
spec

edit on 17-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Liked your intro.
Welcome to ATS from Texas !
Learn and enjoy your time on ATS
Again Welcome to the Jungle !
See ya on the boards !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
Hello and Welcome. that was a nice introduction, I need to get around to writing one myself one of these days. I just may be hitting you up on that gun issue. Never in my life have I owned let alone fired a gun. I never had the desire or need. but the way things seem & feel these days the thought of buying some have been on my mind fairly often. and I know what you mean about not being able to share some things with friends & family; if some in my circle knew I was hanging out on ATS and contemplating gun ownership they would think I had flipped my proverbial wig. ahhh..... they'll get over it. so welcome and I'll see you around.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   
Thank you for all the warm welcome to the community. I look forward to adding my working knowledge and experiences to the mix when the time comes. I also enjoy reading about so many detailed events and news that wouldnt ever make the MSM.

I'm glad that my intro post was well received so far.. not to great at those types of posts haha.

Lookslikewemadeit: I am glad you have considered owning a firearm and the responsibility that comes along with such a large decision. A lot of people truly dont understand the length of time and training/practice to become truly proficient with a certain weapon, and god forbid ever need it to protect themselves or loved ones- that isnt the time to find out they didn't do the proper homework.
Any questions or info requests I would be glad to help in any way possible. There seems to be time still before any of the huge level events that some predict may or may not happen..but if something did go down; its better to already know you have the proper knowledge to get the job done and protect your family. Thanks again for the welcome everyone.
edit on 17-7-2011 by ljcsponger87 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Welsome to ATS from someone in the biz!

I hope you have better luck with your intro thread than I did.
There are some pretty immature and conspiracy bound skeptics on this site that may give you a hard time.
Just be open, honest, and respectful and the adults here will treat you well!

Good Luck, and I look forward to seeing you on the boards!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Welcome friend! Glad to have you on here. Enjoy and always ask for, and present your sources, and you'll be fine (personal stories notwithstanding of course).

I was in video editing and video production myself. Was part owner of a studio and production company that is till going strong.

Also a gun enthusiast myself. Thinking about making some custom parts out of the garage. Maybe you will have some pointers for me!

Again welcome to the madhouse!

edit on 17-7-2011 by Redwookieaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

Wecome to the community.

Beware of the occasional troll.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Glad to meet you all. Sounds like some of you guys share similar interests. I largely do work with AR's but anything is possible. Lot of new stuff coming out to the market for the AK that is decent price for high quality..so more of those are getting upgrades and the fun stuff on em.

Thanks again for good welcome.. i even have some stars which I didn't think I would have any this early on..so things are going well it seems

new topics

top topics

join