It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Is the Qur'an perfect in the form we see today? If not, are there any lost surahs or ayahs througho

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Hello everyone, the reason why I am posting this thread is because I am wondering if there are any other versions of the Qur'an that are in existence out there besides the common one we see today? I know the Qur'an was compiled under Uthman's caliphate, and he burned all of the other texts for fear of having multiple one's circulating to other lands. I was just curious if there are any surahs or ayahs, missing chapters that have been removed/missing from the text we see today. I am hoping if anyone has any insight to these matters.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
The koran is a huge lied perpetrated upon all muslims. At best, it is a "perfect lie".

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

I am not an expert on thr subject. Howerver what I understand is any time it a writing is translated into another language or updated language there are always words and meanings changed. Also there is so much leaway within Islam a lot of the religion changes with he area, sect and who the Iman is. Therefore no single writings or beliefs are broad based. Therefore Islam is a general term not a specific term for a Religion. In answer to your question you have answered it yourself when you mention other writings had been destroyed. Whether a few remain I have no idea.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

The Quaran is a sad book spewing hate and intolerance towards anyone that doesn't agree with what is says. It was written by a deranged sex starved lunatic. I find very little in it that is uplifting, caring and compassionate. An abomination on mankind is what it is.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

Well what about the Satanic verses which are suppose to have something to do with permissible prayers to the triple goddesses of Mecca.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

I respectfully disagree with you ^.^

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   
reply to post by Ultraman2011

Is it spreading hate and tolerance itself? Or hate and intolerance by the people who translated it and the original translations were lost. This is why I am asking the question.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:37 PM
link   
The Qu'ran was written by Man. Man is not perfect. Hence, the book is not, nor will ever be perfect.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
More to the topic i found this on a comment section of lost verses of the koran:

Today the Islamic Qur'an (Koran) is made up of only 114 chapters called Suras and then sub-divided into verses. In the days of Muhammad's wife A'isha, one chapter of the Koran (the Sura) had about 200 verses. Shortly after her death, this Surah had only 73 verses. Muslims say that 127 verses of the original text were lost and never found. Also, After the sudden death of Muhammad, Zaid-ibn-Thabith was ordered to compile and write down the Qur'an (Mishkat'ul Masabih). It is attested that at least three revelations were left out. One of these, according to Muhammad's wife, A'isha, with whom he resided at this death, was kept under their bed at the time of Muhammad's death, but was eaten by a domestic animal (a goat). When Uthman compiled the Qur'an, the missing verses could not be found. One of them was called the verse of Stoning, and is said to have contained the order to stone a man or woman who had committed adultery....This verse is said to have been part of the original Qur'an. Many early authorities say so, and what is very significant is that the first Caliphs punished adulterers by stoning; this is still the penalty prescribed in Muslim law-books, whereas the Qur'an (Surah 24:2) prescribed a hundred stripes." ("Islam" by A. Guillaume, p. 191). References: Musnad Ahmad bin Hanbal. vol. 6. page 269; Sunan Ibn Majah, page 626; Ibn Qutbah, Tawil Mukhtalafi 'l-Hadith (Cairo: Maktaba al-Kulliyat al-Azhariyya. 1966) page 310; As-Suyuti, ad-Durru 'l-Manthur, vol. 2. page 13:

Another tradition states (Sahih Muslim, page 912, Mishkat II, page 534 and others):

"Umar said:'Verily Allah sent Muhammad with truth and revealed the Book to him. Out of the verses, the Almighty Allah revealed. there was the verse of stoning to death. The Messenger of Allah stoned to death (Sahih Muslim, page 920) and after him we also stoned to death: And in the BOOK OF GOD stoning to death is a truth against one, who commits adultery. The verse was thus:'The old man and the old woman, if they have committed adultery, they stoned them both assuredly.' "

This passage too, is not in the Qur'an. See other corruptions of the Qur'an here.

Many Hadith, including Sahih Bukhari give proof that Stoning was ordered and practiced by Muhammed, for example:

Volume 2, Book 23, Number 413:
Narrated 'Abdullah bin 'Umar :
The Jew brought to the Prophet a man and a woman from amongst them who have committed (adultery) illegal sexual intercourse. He ordered both of them to be stoned (to death), near the place of offering the funeral prayers beside the mosque."

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

I don't claim to be a religious scholar, but the Koran like the Old Testament is full of some pretty wacky statements and absolutes. The New Testament as a comparison (if someone followed it), seem to be a book about caring and love of your fellow man. The Christian sect of the Bible seems to have evolved in their thinking over time.

I don't see the same with the Koran, nor have I read or seen much about potential deviations form the original script over time. If you have something that could shed light on this, I would love to see it, as I am open to exploring this.

I have read, for instance, that over time, the "original" text/wording of the Bible has been altered enough to change the meaning of some of the original passages based on translation. I think the newest version of the Bible was supposed to take this into account. When you read some passages, they seem quite different in context and meaning from the King James version.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by MachiventaMelchizedek

Thank you for this post, are these hadith regarded as authentic? Very enlightening.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   
The creature Mo met in a cave was most likely a djinn - who dictated the original verses to him - after a while Mo probably started making them up on his own.

The original verses, memorised, then later written down by his followers have all been burned.

If there were any surviving 'earliest' documents - it would of course be fatal for anyone to try and reveal them.

Other tangible evidence for the Qur�an�s mutability exists. Cook discusses the existence of quranic quotations on early Muslim coins that differ from the present Qur�an, "Equally, when the first Koranic quotations appear on coins and inscriptions towards the end of the seventh century, they show divergences from the canonical text. These appear trivial from the point of view of content, but the fact that they appear in such formal contexts as these goes badly with the notion that the text had already been frozen." 12 Essentially, he is saying that the appearance of divergent readings on what are really official, state-sponsored documents, indicates that the quranic text was still in a state of flux, even well into the Umayyad dynasty (661-750 AD). This lack of uniformity likewise implies to scholars that the Qur�an was not invested with the same air of authority that Muslims in our day give to it. As we will see, there is not any really solid evidence that the Qur'an existed in its final, edited form for over a century or more after the rise of the Arab Empire. It can perhaps be rightly suggested that rather than the Qur'an being the beginning of Islam (as Muslims claim), Islam was the finisher of the Qur'an.

www.studytoanswer.net...

edit on 17-7-2011 by JohhnyBGood because: spelling

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:55 PM
link   

All Holy books are 3D..You can not read them as you are reading a normal book. Read the first page, then turn the page and read the second page.It's not that!

People failed the religion exam..Very clear and simple!

If we talk about Qur'an, we easily see that , some unknown MEN came together and interpreted it ! Women have to cover their hair (!), they have to accept their husband's sex requests (otherwise husband can beat her)..there are too many idiotic and ignorant commenteries..im giving just 2 examples.

Women and men have EQUAL rights. God, never allows discrimination. Who can answer this question for me? :

According to first example above ( hair subject), do you think that God is not interested in a jewish or christian women's hair but very interested in a muslim women's hair! very funny! so we understand that God is a fashion designer of muslim women..

Finally, i was born as muslim..But i feel myself too much exceeded the religion phase..

With blessing TO EVERYBODY..

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Wow, so much hate and ignorance. Bet you kids haven't even read it.

The holy Qur'an is the word of God, the almighty, the most merciful. There is altered, I think it's complete and the last version of the "Bible". (meaning there will not be another Prophet with a new holy book)

There is only one version of the holy Qur'an, originally in Arabic. Since you can't fully translate Arabic to other languages, there are ifferent versions of translations for each language, I guess.

If you're interested in the Qur'an and its simplified science, then take a look at these sites:

www.speed-light.info...
www.quranandscience.com...
edit on 17-7-2011 by Kemal because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Kemal

Dear friend, please first understand and then answer. I didn't say that it's not God's word! Of course, all books are God's..Try to find the problem with ignorance people who had interpreted as they wanted. Just think deeper..

with blessing

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
reply to post by knidos

Perhaps someone could explain what the Koran adds to the teachings of Jesus and the Old Testament,
in a spiritual way? Or is it just a bunch of ritual laws to control people?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by RRokkyy
reply to post by knidos

Perhaps someone could explain what the Koran adds to the teachings of Jesus and the Old Testament,
in a spiritual way? Or is it just a bunch of ritual laws to control people?

Judaism and Xtianity were MK 1&2 - the whole point being to cut humans off from any genuine transcendent spiritual contact by replacing it with a rigid set of rules, dogmas and mind traps.

The jews had overcome a lot of it - and non RC Xtianitywas doing ok in North Africa - so they went for MKIII - the no-nonsense kill everyone who won't submitt version. They must have had a senseof humour though to tag it as 'the religionof peace and tolerance'

www.jayweidner.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

I really don't understand your comment. What does TPTB and their Eugenics religion which MK Ultra was designed by them. Have anything to do with Christianity, Islam or Judism? You people need to do your homework, The NWO crowd are not Christian they follow the Religion of Eugenics. When you are dealing with a group of people who have erected the GEORGIA STONES WHICH SAY THERE SHOULD ONLY BE 500 MILLION ON THE ENTIRE PLANET. What part of that don't you understand? While they have people of the world distracted debating religion and who is better and who is to blame they are murdering and plan to continue to murder the whole lot of us. WAKE UP WAKE UP This isn't a fantasy this is reality.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

See the link!: - the power behind your NWO, and indeed all of the elites throughout history has been the Archons as described by the Gnostics.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by JohhnyBGood

They aren't my NWO and if you believe that there is a Religion on this planet that isn't involved with the corruptness they push and the genocide they want. Your are living in a fools paradise.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join