It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Egypt’s Zahi Hawass resigns

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Egypt’s Zahi Hawass resigns

bikyamasr.com

CAIRO: According to local reports, Egypt’s minister of antiquities Zahi Hawass has resigned his post. The move came as Prime Minister Essam Sharaf informed the country’s well-known Egyptologist that he would not be continuing on in his position.

Egyptian daily newspaper al-Youm al-Saba’a also reported that upon hearing the news, angry archaeologists, who had been camped out in front of the ministry, allegedly chased the embattled minister throughout the streets before his bodyguards were able to get Hawass into a taxi.

The move comes after a series of Bikya Masr articles detailing
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 7/17/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Title.

edit on 17-7-2011 by EgypTer because: (no reason given)

Mod Edit: Comprehensive 'Breaking Alternative News' Forum Posting Guidelines – Please Review This Link.

edit on 7/17/2011 by Mirthful Me because: Do not alter or remove staff edits.

edit on 7/17/2011 by Mirthful Me because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
The guy is an asshole and all but does he really deserve this exit

When I first heard about the menswear line scandal I thought Dr Hawass should resign; this was certainly a reaction of anger. Now, thinking of it, and trying to look at the long perspective of Egyptian Antiquities in Egypt, I believe he did a lot of valuable and positive things for Egyptian Antiquities and through that for Egyptian identity
I wonder how, or if, things will change under his successor and what it will mean for the tourist industry in Egypt

bikyamasr.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by EgypTer
The guy is an asshole and all but does he really deserve this exit

Yes, and then some...

You have to ask yourself why simple archeologists would be so angry as to chase someone who is a fellow archeological scholar and want to beat his head in?

Good ridden to bad rubbish.

~Namaste

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
reply to post by EgypTer

I'm sure he has some retirement plan and will enjoy living life abroad. I think if some could afford it, retiring while still having some health and energy left should retire early and travel.

I know I would.

I've never really been a big fan of his though. He always seemed a bit too quick and hot headed and always yelled at people who weren't doing things his way. Anybody who has watched some of the shows he has been involved with would know this to be true.

I'd say Hawass should enjoy the rest of his life traveling

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Yup, i bet Zahi Hawass was hiding alot of secrets of the recent dig ups in egypt before the protests.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

"You do NOT say this is bullchit to ME!!"

Just one of Zahi's little hissy fits that he threw during that show. I remember when one of the male students asked Zahi about the alien theory regarding Pyramids and Zahi FREAKED OUT. Personally I don't think Aliens built the pyramids, but there is no reason for Zahi to flip out like he did. He just seems like a big spoiled baby.

I could completely understand his anger when the female student URINATED INSIDE THE PYRAMID though, that was pretty awful.

Anyway, good riddance to Hawass, while it's true he may have done some positive things for Egypt, I think there are people out there that could do a much better job in his position, I just hope they find those people, and not someone else that wants to exploit their position for fame and fortune.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
How is this breaking news?

Why Dr Hawass Resigned
posted on 7-3-2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Egyptology: Zahi Hawass confirms resignation - Science Fair
Mar 6, 2011
content.usatoday.com...

Zahi Hawass Sentenced to Prison
posted on 17-4-2011
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I hear there is an empty seat on the next Mars shuttle
Maybe he can study the Cydonia Pyramids

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zorgon

Originally posted by SLAYER69

I hear there is an empty seat on the next Mars shuttle
Maybe he can study the Cydonia Pyramids

Oh no... you didn't just go there?!?!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

yeah its about time the guy has put a halt to some real important findings perhaps maybe we can get into that chamber under the paw yes thats right i said we i got my shovel.......

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

On January 31, 2011, As part of a cabinet reshuffle during the January 25 Revolution, Hawass was appointed Minister of State for Antiquities Affairs.
On March 3, 2011, He resigned after posting a list online of dozens of Egyptian antiquities sites that were looted during the 2011 protests.
On March 30, 2011 that he had be re-appointed by Prime Minister Essam Sharaf and was once again Minister of Antiquities.
On April 17, 2011, Hawass was sentenced to one year in prison for disobeying a court ruing before being appointed Minister of Antiquities.
On April 18 the National Council of Egypt’s Administrative Court issued a decree stopping the court ruling.
On July 17, 2011, The Egyptian government is reshuffling again and Hawass is out

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
It is good to hear that Egypt is cleaning up its house with all the recent problems going on. Sounds like it still has a lot of work to go, but this is a good step to try and get some integrity back into the system.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
This guy has corrupted the uncovering of knowledge by investigating the shaft under the great pyramid...by of course investigating a fabricated hoax shaft on live TV that was debunked.

He hides history and shuts down anyone whom tries to uncover anything outside of his orders...

Why he does that? who knows...current theory is that he simply rejects the findings, or doesn't want to change the model of the currently established history..of course, the more conspiratorial among us thing he is hiding the edgar cayce claims....but meh, until a new guy gets in there that is actually interested in truth above status quo, we simply won't know

Fake Chamber Scandal
edit on 17-7-2011 by SaturnFX because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   
Cant believe i missed this? I wasnt aware he had resigned. Good riddence i say, never heard anyone say a good word about the man.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by James1982

reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

That was me trying to be diplomatic. I say good riddance

reply to post by zorgon

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6ec521ab9faf.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

What did Cayce say? I didn't know he did a session for that.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:00 PM
link   

lol now thats great photoshop

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Great news ... let's just hope they don't replace him with another arrogant a$$hole of equal proportions

Woody

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb
reply to post by SaturnFX

What did Cayce say? I didn't know he did a session for that.

Edgar Cayce - Great Pyramid and Sphinx Reading from 1932
www.crystalinks.com...

How did you miss his most famous reading?

edit on 17-7-2011 by zorgon because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by woodwytch

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8e6e2592a8c0.jpg[/atsimg]
Why? "Hot Head Hawass", I mean Dr Hawass seemed like a lovable fellow

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join