It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Hollywood finances Obama's 2012 Re-Election

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by korathin

If you would have taken time to check the article, it's sources include the Federal Election Commission and Politico. If they are not good enough for you, move on... FYI, I check several references before I link on here because the readership is news and politically aware. That's why I come here and post - for "intelligent" replies and discourse. Have a little faith in your posters on here, please.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   
Matt Damon is pretty cool, though.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
www.examiner.com...

The Federal Election Commission's second quarterly report for political donations came out, and it looks like Hollywood's stars and elites are going to buy this election, too.

What can be done about the rich determining our elections? (We all know, that more than anything else, it takes campaign money to win an election in this country.)

Gosh who has more money, the Koch brothers or Ben Affleck? The CEOs of most major corporations or Harvey Weinstein? What is the problem here? Republicans are the ones that wanted fewer rules on who could give what monies to whom for campaigning so what is the problem? Democrats were not supposed to have any rich friends, just the Repubs?

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Not a fair comparison. Businesses likely aren't bundling and giving the money Hollywood gives. Therefore, if the candidate with the fullest pockets wins again, Obama wins.

People would never give up movies or TV for just politics in the US. They're too selfish to do so. But banning the "giving" Hollywood people is an interesting thought... almost a "tempting" thought.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:43 AM
link   
So people have a problem with Matt Damon giving money to a presidential candidate but Monsanto, Exxon, Pfizer, GE, etc. those are all ok?

How about you all just be honest and say that you just do not like a Democrat getting money? That is all I am really reading.

posted on Aug, 3 2011 @ 04:52 AM
link   
reply to post by Undertough

No, it's not that people mind Democrats getting money any more than they mind Republicans getting money. But the record-breaking amounts in these times are near-obscene!

When thinking about the money going to a candidate... and then thinking about what else in the world needs more money instead. It's maddening!!

Imagine all that Hollywood (or business money) going to cancer. Wow! What a thought!

edit on 3-8-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join