It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebekah Brooks Arrested

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

Rebekah Brooks Arrested

news.sky.com

Rebekah Brooks has been arrested by officers investigating allegations of corruption and phone hacking, according to Sky sources.

The 43-year-old went to a London police station by appointment and is being held on suspicion of conspiring to intercept communications and corruption allegations.

Operation Weeting has been launched to investigate claims that newspaper journalists hacked into the phones of high-profile figures and even victims of crime.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
Mrs Brooks resigned as chief executive of News International (NI) on Friday.

She was editor of the News Of The World (NOTW) when missing schoolgirl Milly Dowler's phone was hacked and messages were deleted. The teenager was later found murdered.

Story is still unfolding.

Waiting for the BBC to put up their artical.

news.sky.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
I just think there is so much more to this story than we are being told.
Murdoch stepped on somebody's toes or this would NEVER be
happening. He's part of the elite. He must have some pretty
damning info on somebody or else why would they take down one
of their own stooges?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
BBC

BBC artical has updated
edit on 17-7-2011 by Sinny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by Sinny

Well she supped with the devil with a short spoon. When the left exposed Murdoch for what he was everyone cried "wrong" pity some of the brayers could not admit they were wrong>

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by orbitbaby
I just think there is so much more to this story than we are being told.

This whole situation honestly has me stumped. This is a powerplay for sure, I'm just not sure whose powerplay it is!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Already being discussed here:

The British Conspiracy that has it ALL......

And it is confirmed as Rebekah Brookes.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
I was just wondering last night if she would be arrested.

Thanks for posting;

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:50 AM
link   
For what they did during the dead girls story they should get jail time. Hackers should get the same jail term that a person gets for breaking into someones home.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:02 AM
link   
I would not be surprised if a few of these people involved in this
have 'accidents'

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I am more concerned with the Police bribery allegations than the phone hacking, tbh.

The latter is reprehensible, but the former is intolerable.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   
reply to post by stumason

I agree with you on this, the Metropolitan Police is trying to take the flak off themselves, with the allegations over Senior officials being given free weekends or weeks at a health spa. The officer in question earns 5 time more than I do in my job. Surely he could afford to pay for it himself. Just bizarre that a former N.O.T.W. Journalist was a Pr Worker at that health farm/spa. Some heads should roll also as far as I am concerned within the Police

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Laurauk

As there is a seperate investigation going ahead with regards to the "bribery" allegations, led by officers unconnected with any of this, I think we will see, eventually, those Senior Police being hauled in too. I can cite several recent cases of senior officers being convicted by their own forces for other "questionable" behaviour...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Wow....there are many people who have been arrested or have resigned.

They are falling like dominoes....I bet in the end though Murdoch will still be standing.

The more that are arrested, the more of a chance someone will spill the beans on the whole thing.

Really got to wonder how deep the rabbit hole goes on this...
edit on 17-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by David9176

If Ed Miliband has his way, which I think is self opportunistic for even him. Murdoch will not have much control over the Media in the UK. If he gets his way. Which he might with the way things are going. It is funny you do know that oks, although people are concerned about what has happened over the phone hacking and the payments to police officers, etc.

They are more concerned about their finances, rising fuel and food costs, rather than what is going on. It is the mainstream media and politicians who are upping the anti on this, while the police are trying to cover their backsides, over the allegations of their officers receiving bribes for giving out information on criminal cases etc.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Laurauk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Due to her being arrested today, she can no longer attend Parliament on Tuesday to answer questions about police corruption and payments.

...interesting timing, eh?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Due to her being arrested today, she can no longer attend Parliament on Tuesday to answer questions about police corruption and payments.

...interesting timing, eh?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
reply to post by infinite

So basically Tuesday is going to be a total farce. I was looking forward to it too,. Oh wells.

The Police have serious questions to answer that is for sure. Mind you I am not surprised at all, The public have awakened to the police being corrupt for years. This is not new news to us at all.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by orbitbaby

Agreed:

Wikileaks has "insurance" files on Murdoch

Plus, for many years dozens of people - government officials, police and media types - all knew of this criminal activity and/or participated in it but suddenly it's not okay anymore. It seems to me that Murdoch or FOX became inconvenient for some reason.

I saw a link on another website about a money investment scheme uncovered by FOX shortly before their recent drama came to light. It was related to some wealthy guy in Texas or something and involved trillions of dollars. I can't find the link now to save my life. The timing seemed hinky to me.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I can't help but to observe that if all this had been exposed by Julian Assange, Murdoch would be suing and widely declaring his innocence and the integrity of his organization.

Hopefully, the whistleblowers can stay out of jail and avoid accidents long enough to see this thing through.

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join