It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

An opinion on why disclosure is dangerous

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
I beg you, Creator of the universe ... let them turn back and finally liberate humanity from its chains!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
One day some of you will be shocked as to how littel the Government actaully know. A good example is how little they anticpated the big banking crash.

Frankly I believe there is nothing to disclose.

T

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
reply to post by radkrish

I believe people have a right to know the truth and full disclosure should happen. The government are a bunch of low life criminals and just want to hide everything and stop people from knowing the truth. If people panic, tough luck, they need to grow up and learn to handle the truth. I do not care if religion got destroyed, it is useless and used to enslave people.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   

I agree with what you wrote on what would happen if disclosure will happen. But why is that dangerous again? From what you wrote, it seems that disclosure is actually good. The truth will finally come out and anything that is not of the truth should be allowed to die a natural death, whatever they are.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by pplrnuts

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by pplrnuts

You have a point, however, are you seriously trying to tell me that all the ancient paintings depicting things flying in the sky, the reported sightings by Columbus, ancient religions continuously referring to beings coming down from the heavens, are because all the people in history were stoned/wasted etc.?

Also, imo, the bible makes a hell of a lot more sense, with the idea of aliens than it does with a god.

Ive seen scribbling of pictures by kids doodling in class when I was young that can be easily confirmed to show that the planet was being orbited by giant ham-sandwiches and piloted by Smurfs. But not the commonly known 'blue smurfs, but a special 'red colored Smurfs.

If these drawings were found in the year 2040, would you think that we had ham-sandwiches orbiting the earth with red Smurfs?

See what I mean. Its just WILD speculation.
edit on 17-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

Yes but the ancients that were drawing pictures on cave walls and carving figurines and statues depicting flying crafts didn't have as broad an imagination as the kids in 2011 have! All those people had to do with their free time was to look into the sky. How can you say that they might not have seen anything?

IMO all religions were based around the same thing...alien first contact thousands and thousand of years ago.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:01 PM
link   
it is possible they have nothing to disclose... better to keep us guessing that they do, for whatever reason they can think up this week

I believe in aliens but I'm pretty sure if they're smart enough to cross an entire galaxy, they're smart enough to only leave evidence that can easily be debunked

disclosure will happen when THEY are ready, and not before

or it won't

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
UFO is threaten to our human beings

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
google military officials who have declared or disclosed information about u.f.o's. there a literally hundreds.

from generals, to base commanders to troops. they don't hide. you can get their rank, name, branch of military and unit.

with a little effort you can probably find an email and contact them personally. but you'll probably sh-t your pants when a colonel with combat experience and 30 years of service personally emails you on what he saw/knows.

what's also strange and should set off a few warning bells is that a msm outlet like cnn, doesn't to a live segment interviewing them.

it would most likely scare half the country and lead to further investigation. it wouldn't also go well with the public. anytime cnn etc actually do a segment on ufos the guests are usually mocked or portrayed as a little crazy.

even cnn wouldn't mock a general or colonel of the united states army on national t.v.

edit on 17-7-2011 by randomname because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   
I don't think it will be dangerous at all, I think it would be a glorious moment that millions of people have been waiting for, it will be a marvelous day for humanity. It will be a difficult time for some of the religious leaders and will seriously question the validity of a lot of the religions, but is that not what we need? We should question everything and it is about time we thoroughly scrutinized the worth of said religions.

For some it will be a shock, yes. But isn't that what people need? We have become too arrogant about our place in the world and it is leading us down a disastrous path, if something like disclosure happened it could help people realize that we are all in this together and that we should help each other, instead of despicably trying to constantly dominate each other in a never ending quest for empire and riches.

I vote that anything deemed to be temporarily dangerous would ultimately be extraordinarily beneficial to the evolution of our species.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Anoynymoose

How can anyone conclude that there are no aliens but advanced humans? Humanoid creatures are depicted throughout history. There could be a more advanced human colony within our solar system but that doesnt rule out the possibility of strange alien cultures

Even those animals here on earth were alien to us a long time ago

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by wavemaker

It is in fact dangerous considering the vast amount of the lives of people revolves around making wealth.
They don't have time to look at the stars and IMHO even if they do, they feel nothing out of it. 70% of the people are not ready if I am right.

Just imagine people having to stop using money and material stuff. They would go mad. It is the human mind distancing itself from being spiritual and equal. Ask a normal Joe about ufos and aliens and he would laugh at us. It is dangerous for the majority but for people like us, it is just the beginning.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by randomname

Yes they have. We don't need someone of a political stature to disclose things but the astronauts themselves have done it time and again. You see the mainstream media revolves around cnn and bbc to do it. So people of this world never take anything seriously unless reported by their favorite mass manipulation tool.

Disclosure from the U.S government will be the final nail in the coffin but I love to see it happening soon. But what happens after disclosure is an entire different story. Will the people I am talking about go on with their life or they would change their ways to benefit our society is what needs to be seen. But I fear the latter is highly unlikely.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
So Disclosure is dangerous, but the path that humans are driving down right now is just fine? Uh, no, non-Disclosure is far more dangerous in the long run.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zcustosmorum
reply to post by pplrnuts

Chill, the thread is on disclosure, and the reason there is no solid evidence is possibly because the ruling powers are not disclosing everything. The best evidence there is imo, are radar reports, pilots sightings etc. and there have been plenty of incidents. This in turn would mean, that something more is going on, with the way the U.S. elite have handled the situation ie. disinformation etc. to a basic psychology student that would indicate lying.

edit on 17-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

The truth is your ruling powers DON't KNOW what they are. Follow your history of this planet earth and don't change any of it then you might know what they are. You need mankind to give you the answers?

Who would you prefer to believe The Creator or Man? It was known in the beginning as this earth was being created that if man walked away from his faith or believe in God he would not be able understand what those hybrid beings and u.f o.s are? You know that to be true now don't you??

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by theieguy

Dude your so lost its ridiculous...Are you not in tune with the spirit inside of you? Clearly not...While you claim to affirm things you cant confirm # but whats going on in your immediate life. Also do you know what Christianity is? Simple....Believing that Jesus is the son of GOD nothing else. Why does everyone seem to think that if Aliens were to show themselves our whole existence and religion would be questioned...I have one question...If Aliens created us...Who created the Aliens? Another thing that I find MIND boggling is the fact that we have people who don't believe in Jesus or God....That's fine...Why would you go against something that is able to better you as a person? So if you dont beleive in loving people and treating people with respect than what do you believe in? EVIL? In my quest for knowledge I use the bible as spiritual guidance as well as history book. "TRUE STORY" One night I was praying to God about my struggles in my current life....I fell into a dream? but I felt like I was conscious. I seen a black silhouette of something but I could not see its face just a blacked out figure. In my dream this person told me to use the tools that were right in front of me that night and other things I cant remember. I woke up out of this state like I had been sleep for a long time but just a little bit of time has passed. The next morning I was having the same issues I was dealing with and started to pray and randomly opened up the bible..."NO LIE" Everything this "person" told me was sitting there in text in the bible when I "randomly" opened the bible. At the point my life had changed and it made me look at religion a bit differently in terms of going to church...GOD is everywhere and can be reached...pray to him with conviction and he will speak to you in your dreams or through other people..My wife and I also share the same gift to see evil in people and see faces distort...When it comes to other religions its all rooted and based on the same understanding...LOVE...

This is on disclosure... if the government were to allow people to know of aliens this would cause a problem... aliens werent mentioned in the bible, furthermore, what if the aliens can outright they created us and there is no god as they evolved and can prove... religon in one swoop is gone, how do you tell people who ruined there life trying to do things the way there priest/clergieman etc. has interpreted the bible says you should live your life...

just because i dont believe in god doesnt mean i dont believe in being a nice person.. they are not the same thing, not being a D# is somthing you can do without religon...

people who attempt to derail every post on ATS by banging on about God are the worst people.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:41 AM
link   
I've been thinking lately about the Ancient Aliens, if the theory is true, those particular UFO's are long gone out of our Solar System, Galaxy, and Universe.

If you think of Quantum Physics and Parallel Dimensions, then our past Earth is in a completely different Universe, somewhere far, far, away...

I don't really know how to explain it. Unless its the exact same aliens from ancient times visiting military bases, or it's their bloodline what have you, then they must be exceptionally advanced or age differently. I think we are getting visited by aliens specific to this point in history.

I don't think Disclosure would be disclosing anything ancient at all.

However if there is any indication that Mars used to have advance life before humans then I would say all UFO sightings and Ancient Alien theory would be Martian's settling on Earth before whatever event happened on their planet to make it what it is Today.

Since there is no proof of past life on Mars, then I'm going to have to go with deep space travelers from outside our Solar System/Galaxy.

If you think about the vastness of Space, the aliens of the Ancient Aliens could still be visiting Ancient Earth right as we speak. We just can't observe them doing that, it's in a different Dimension/Parallel Universe.

Because if they are traveling so deep in space they must use some sort of wormhole technology, so I'm guessing it would be pretty difficult or rare for a visiting alien to warp at the same time of another visiting alien, as we observe them....

Basically what I'm getting at in Ufology we have the Greys. If you believe in parallel dimensions, maybe in an alternate reality in Ufology the aliens are the Blues. But in our Universe as we observe today, both of their planets exist, the Greys and the Blues. I hope that makes sense.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:07 AM
link   
reply to post by fredgbear

I must respectfully and somewhat disagree. First, disclosure does not have to be as negative on religion as some suppose. OK, maybe on "religion", which may not be such a bad thing. Several gazillion posts have been made regarding the differences between faith and religion, and I subscribe that religion is an arbitrary and unnecessary label to distinguish mu faith from yours or from that of biblical times. "Religion" at least serves a purpose by allowing us to subdivide rational and biblical belief from radical, fanatical, and other negative characteristics which often bear little resemblance to what the Scriptures actually say. Still, as an admittedly highly conservative Christian, I have personally always maintained that other civilizations in the universe are simply God's decision, and He certainly doesn't need to explain Himself. Further, He is under no obligation whatsoever to tell us in advance, and it is perfectly fine with a great number of Christians to realize this could reveal itself in it's own time as one of God's mysteries and no more unbelievable or unacceptable than a television was to an 18th century cowboy. In fact, in addition to the "what a waste" belief, I would add that it is pretty smug and arrogant for us to presume we can tell God what he can and can't do with His universe.

Therefore, there can be no doubt that disclosure would change the world irrevocably forever. Many, many things will change, and many people will probably go into hiding from fear of the unknown.

I can't say I won't be one of them.

I CAN say, however, that the world will likely look the same the day after and in time disclosure would have to be made in order to avoid an accidental or other unanticipated (by TPTB) notification of hey, they're here which really could cause severe panic in the streets. If our government has such great contact with other civilizations that there is an ironclad agreement for them not to just show up unannounced in Roswell again for their own anniversary party then TPTB can keep it all under wraps for as long as they want to. But if there is a possibility that alien factions, species, races, etc might ruin this plan, they will have to slowly but as fast as realistic acclimate to a level where disclosure would be less a scare if force by the out of towners. It becomes a question of this: is all the hoopla from world governments actually the powerful hedging their bets and preparing for the safest transition if and when the issue is forced beyond their ability to control? Now it becomes imperative that a disclosure program not only exists, but is slowly being doled out leading to the inevitable.Our government does little to ensure confidence in them, bu this should be so high on primary, secondary, tertiary, etc advanced planning and in a very high priority position.

Falling asleep. Hope I didn't attach any pictures of the party last night.

Good thread.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:30 AM
link   
Mass psychosis.

Those who are awaiting disclosure are on the brink of insanity.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by fixer1967
I agree with you 110%. I do believe that disclosure is dangerous. I believe it so much that if I had proof of aliens I would do my own cover up. Our government is full of stupid fools but one of the few things they have done right is to keep a lid on any alien information that they may have. I believe that disclosure is so dangerous that I would help hide an extraterrestrial and help it get back to where ever it came from. And to tell the truth I would more than likley leave Earth with it.

The human race is not ready. It may never be ready.

Oh please! What frustrates me no end is the belief that "we the people" are not smart enough to be deemed worthy of a truthful explanation. If anything, the only thing that could be correct in the above is that the government are fools with the majority knowing as much as we do or less.
The other possibility and in my opinion one that makes more sense is that the government have no idea about the alien phenomena, don't have a handle on it and have little or no control over it. Rather than admit that "truth", the one where they have to finally admit they are less than useless, they will continue to deny, deny, deny. Formal disclosure will never happen but not because it is dangerous for you or I. It will never happen because if it did, ineffective western governments everywhere would topple like a house of cards.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by MollyStewart

You, yourself may be more than ready for any disclosure there may or may not be. For all that I know you could be the perfect one for this. But you and I both know that the human race as a whole is not ready at all not one little bit. For you it may mean very little if aliens showed up for you have not problem with it. But the sad truth is probably 90% of the planet would go crazy over the idea. The park bench scene from MEN IN BLACK says it better than I can.

MEN IN BLACK

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join