It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Casey Anthony free (video)

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Casey Anthony free (video)

www.examiner.com

Exactly three years and one day after young Caylee Anthony was reported missing and mother Casey Anthony was put in jail, Casey was let out of the Orange County Jail just after midnight Eastern Time. She was entered a vehicle and was quickly taken away to an unknown destination.
Hundreds of late-night protesters outside the jail shouted and chanted, “Killer!” The vehicle in which Anthony was taken away went to a parking garage at the location of her attorney Cheney Mason’s office, and it is believed that she will be switched – possibly numerous times – to other vehicles to hide
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
As jails often do, Casey Anthony was released in the dead of the night. Regardless of what one may think of the outcome of the murder trial for now-freed Anthony, was it right for the Orange County Sheriff's Department to release her in the manner they did - without any any assistance or protection? (On Friday alone, there were seven death threats against her.)

www.examiner.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 17-7-2011 by ChicagOpinion because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:03 AM
link   
in response to your question - NO - law enforcement is wrong - I think it is absolutely their job to make sure she's not murdered in the parking lot

in response to everyone else before they get here and start the Casey bashing - Our Justice System WORKED for her - if you want anyones head on a platter, it should be the prosecutors (sorry, don't know their names, didn't follow the trial)

if she is guilty, its the prosecution that failed in this case

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:06 AM
link   
I wonder what sort of half-life she could possibly have now. Or how long it will be before someone takes their own revenge.

I agree with forevever.... It seems clear that the prosecution rushed this case, and bungled it.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Forevever

agreed. Given what a terrible job the prosecution did, I'd be a lot more outraged and downright worried had she been found guilty

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Schkeptick
I wonder what sort of half-life she could possibly have now. Or how long it will be before someone takes their own revenge.

I agree with forevever.... It seems clear that the prosecution rushed this case, and bungled it.

Will this now let us coin the phrase 'Murder by Media'?

With the 24/7 coverage over the past several weeks, and various coverage over the past years, I don't think she stands a chance, wherever she may go.

As I've said the entire time... Whatever the verdict is, she's screwed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
Look at all the people outside the court house. Wow. Its as if the Pope was in that SUV. Really people?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   
I firmly believe she killed her daughter. I think the prosecution is at fault, however, for not building a strong enough case against her. I think the prosecution saw the 'media' reaction to her, grew complacent, and believed that the conviction was a done deal.

Unless Casey undergoes a drastic transformation (plastic surgery) then she will always be recognized and associated with Caylee's murder, imho. I don't think she will ever be safe as long as she is recognizable. No matter what the jury decided, the public already played Judge and Jury in their minds. I fear that someone may take Executioner upon themselves before all is said and done.

There are no winners here.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:31 AM
link   

I agree with you, but the prosecutor really didn't have much evidence. In a circumstantial case such as this, beyond a reasonable doubt is a tough standard to prove. In a circumstantial case, beyond a reasonable doubt is almost assumed to be doubt and reasonable doubt could be that the prosecutor attempted to make a "bad mother" look like a killer. That is a standard of circumstantial evidence that is jumping leaps and bounds creating more the a reasonable doubt. Personally, I would rather our justice system be more difficult to convict someone and this case showed that the system works. Imagine getting convicted on a capital murder charge if you did not do it, and because someone was able to make you look like you lie all the time and cannot be trusted, means that you must have lied when you said you didn't kill someone. Circumstantial evidence almost always produces some reasonable doubt. Usually you have to link circumstantial evidence with the actual crime. For instance those searches for chloroform might have been enough to convict circumstantially, but when the mother says it was her that did the searches then insert reasonable doubt there.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by Forevever
in response to your question - NO - law enforcement is wrong - I think it is absolutely their job to make sure she's not murdered in the parking lot

in response to everyone else before they get here and start the Casey bashing - Our Justice System WORKED for her - if you want anyones head on a platter, it should be the prosecutors (sorry, don't know their names, didn't follow the trial)

if she is guilty, its the prosecution that failed in this case

You do realize in one breath you admit you didn't follow the trial.... in the other breath you condemn the Prosecutors.

Prosecution did not fail. The jury failed in losing their common sense to all the evidence presented, all of Casey's lies and hiding and not giving a guilty verdict unless the murder had been videotaped for them to see.

Twelve people failed. Now, yet another psycho murderer runs free in America.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by dreams n chains
You do realize in one breath you admit you didn't follow the trial.... in the other breath you condemn the Prosecutors.

You do realize I said IF SHE'S GUILTY

meh, no matter, I broke my own rule coming here
I know how you people are - reminds me of witch hunt
lets just throw her in the ocean - if she floats, she's guilty

12 people had no evidence to convict.

and by the way - if anyone accused me of a crime, my SEARCH TERMS would convict me in a heartbeat

at least according to you

and I don't even leave my house.... and I'm often alone - NO ALIBI!! (and believe me, I keep telling my kids not to get murdered or go missing cause I can totally see myself getting crucified by the media because I watch a lot of forensic files and I'm never satisfied by only doing one search if something is even remotely interesting)

I didn't follow this trial because of your EXACT attitude
in fact I'm surprised she even got a fair trial

the verdict is proof
it was fair.
edit on 17-7-2011 by Forevever because: I had to get it out

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Schkeptick

Let's recall the fact that Casey Anthony lied to search teams and police about where to find her daughter.... she lied to her parents about where her daughter was.... She never once reported her daughter missing (her mother did).

And the jury dismissed the charge of Aggravated Child Abuse... yet convicted her of lying?

Think people, Think.

Of course, I must keep in mind that ATS is even full of people who believe Laughner is innocent too, in spite of all the witnesses.

Casey on.... err, I mean... carry on. Have fun! Maybe you'll even be lucky enough that she move into your neighborhood.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
reply to post by dreams n chains

liars do not make murderers
I lie all the time.

finally before I unsubscribe from this thread
She can live next door to me
IF SHE'S GUILTY, she's apparently only a danger to her own offspring so why do I care where she lives?
edit on 17-7-2011 by Forevever because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:07 AM
link   
From the OP link:

The reason she gave for waiting to notify authorities was because she claimed she was investigating the disappearance on her own.

And for those who may have missed it.... here's pictures as proof of her search:

Photo evidence pictures

My guess is she will head to California.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Imagine? Innocent people have been put behind bars too!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
This case makes me think of what would happen if you had a 9/11 trial. You would have all the lies and evidence right in front of you but the proof to convict would not be there.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Agree. Plus, if anything does happen to Casey, I will blame the media. Jane V. and Nancy G. and few others seem to be after Casey's blood. Seriously, what exactly do they want to have happen to this girl? What is their ultimate goal? If someone does kill Casey, then another person is going to jail to be tried for murder. Is that what they want? Casey has been found not guilty, like it or not. She needs to be left alone to live her life however she wants.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
In my opinion, Ms. Anthony was involved in her daughter's murder, but I agree with the jury that the prosecution did not prove it beyond a reasonable doubt. Murder 1 is a difficult charge to prove, and I am in no way convinced that this act was premeditated- I believe the prosecution would of had better luck with second degree murder, or even voluntary manslaughter. One thing is for sure, though, Casey will pay for her daughter's death one way or the other, as she has been condemned in the publics eye, and I am sure society as a whole will tend to shun her. She will have a difficult road ahead of her, at least until the memory of her daughter's death fades (which I doubt will happen in her home town anytime soon). She should definitely change her name, her appearance, and try to move somewhere where she can "disappear" as the public at large can be much more viscous then our courts.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

Originally posted by ChicagOpinion
As jails often do, Casey Anthony was released in the dead of the night. Regardless of what one may think of the outcome of the murder trial for now-freed Anthony, was it right for the Orange County Sheriff's Department to release her in the manner they did - without any any assistance or protection? (On Friday alone, there were seven death threats against her.)

it is believed that she will be switched – possibly numerous times – to other vehicles to hide her at an undisclosed location due to the continued death threats made against her since it was announced she would be set free. There were seven threats made on Friday alone.

They are trying to protect her. The problem is that the media is trying their hardest to find out exactly where she's been taken to. She is supposed to be taken to a safe house, the media should not be allowed to be trying to find and disclose her whereabouts.

It's been said that her lawyer is going to loan her some money to have her hidden, but with the media hot on her tail, she is in a lot of danger.
I worry about the jury also.

It should be against the law for the media to keep hounding her.
Like someone earlier said, someone else is going to end up in court over this.
Someone else might end up being killed for looking like her, or being in the crossfire.
This whole thing is getting beyond stupid.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:35 AM
link   
reply to post by ChicagOpinion

Everyone is consumed by 1 death of 1 child. How consumed are these people about multi-deaths of many children? Individuals will spend their time making death threats to and tracking 1 person. How much time and risk are they taking to be heard where it really matters? When it comes the governement training and handing guns to the drug cartels where thousands of innocent people and children have been murdered just not in Mexico and here in the US the silence is deafening. What about Monsanto poisoning and starving millions through crop failures the silence is deafening? If you really care? If you really have nothing better to do? If children are your main concern? Where are your voices? Where is your anger?

top topics

<<   2 >>

join