It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bigfoot hunters think they’ve found DNA evidence [EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS]

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
OK so here we have some Bigfoot hunters who believe they have some DNA evidence. I wont speak to the veracity of the story but I thought some here would appreciate the heads up. If this pans out we could finely find out once and for all if there really is something out there besides Mountain Lions and Bears oh my!

But probably like all other "possible" samples it will come back as "unknown" or "No known matches" etc without any further elaboration or explanations. FYI I believe in the possibility of Bigfoot/Sasquatch etc.

Bigfoot Press Conference Seeks DNA Test To Answer Bigfoot Mystery [EXCLUSIVE PHOTOS]

At a press conference today in Fresno, Calif., the Sanger Paranormal Society reached out to the public to help come up with the needed funds to pay for a thorough analysis of DNA from an alleged Bigfoot creature. Sanger founder Jeffrey Gonzalez presented photographs taken of strange impressions left on the windows of his pickup truck that was temporarily abandoned in a snow storm when he and several others were on a Bigfoot expedition over Memorial Day weekend in California's Sierra National Forest.

When the men returned to retrieve Gonzalez's truck, they were startled to discover the window markings -- including a large paw-like image -- and what they first thought was evidence of hair on two of the truck windows. Story continues below Gonzalez called in forensic/law enforcement photographer Mickey Burrow, who has spent 14 years as a qualified court photographic expert and crime scene processor.

"I immediately started wondering if there could be some DNA left behind, because if this thing put its face on the window, I thought there was probably DNA on there," Burrow told AOL. "I've got the know-how. I've done it more than 5,000 times on crime scenes. In this case, I treated it like it was a vehicle that got burglarized.

Bigfoot impression on window,
Memorial Day Bigfoot Expedition 2011

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:47 AM
link   
LOL!!! that is spooky fun. Somebody better drag in a body.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   
I am consulting my crystal ball...

And I hereby predict...

(you saw it here first!)

...they will find bear DNA on that window.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
Hey, for what it's worth.

I have no idea if these guys are legit.
I was thinking the same thing a possible bear.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   
Must have been a short midget bigfoot.

I would have imagined a bigfoot would have left a thumbprint much higher.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:01 AM
link   
This would be awesome but not much will come of it I bet... back I would say 10 years ago my Uncle used to be involved in a group (several were professors at UO) that would go out in two or three man groups around Labor Day and spread out all over the Diamond Peak Wilderness Area in Oregon. These guys were hardcore they switched to vegetarian diets for two months before and took all normal hunting steps, sent shield, cammo, ect. Anyway one year they got about a dozen good casts, hair and fecal samples. One of the hair samples was a course hair about 8" long it tested as no know North American species and that was the end of it. I always thought they just used it as an excuse to party and get away from their women.
edit on 17-7-2011 by ParanoidAmerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:26 AM
link   
Won't DNA tests always come back 'inconclusive' when dealing with Bigfoot (or as I refer to it as, the North American Ape), due to the fact that we have no DNA to match it with? Am I stupid or missing something? Don't we need something to test it against?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:30 AM
link   
Definitely a bear and a very hungry one if it was out in a snowstorm.
What the guy was calling "knuckle prints" is plainly a paw impression, you can even see the claws at the end.
This is the back window, passenger side, And there's nose prints and bear slobber all over too.

they need money to test for DNA?
Donations Needed for Alcohol ?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

That thought did cross my mind.
They need cash for a booze run...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:38 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

I know these guys ... I've seen their evidence... ( I live in Fresno). I see the face on the glass & I don't see a bear. the bed of that truck was FULL of food, none of it was disturbed... I have to believe a bear would have had boxes & ice chests & other stuff spread all over that site. not to mention no damage to the truck. what this video doesn't show is the 100lb+ logs thrown across the access road to the site?
their belief is that the prints on the truck were from a juvenile Sasquatch. Which (they feel) explains why there were so many prints. "kids are curious" and do things adults wouldn't.
I can say unequivocally this was no hoax for beer money.
edit on 17-7-2011 by jazkaat because: because I type faster than I think

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

this "Should be" the link to the entire press conference, maybe

www.livestream.com... &utm_content=spsradio
edit on 17-7-2011 by jazkaat because: previous link wouldn't work...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
If the samples come back as unknown, could they not be compared to all the previous samples which came back unknown also? There has to be a database which stores all the unknown samples.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:32 AM
link   

Wouldn't it be cool if it was true? Sadly the television shows hunting this fellow lead one to believe otherwise? Just based upon the fact they are tv shows? Also, isn't this just like ufo's and aliens in that there is anecdotal evidence but never the hard cold facts to believe? I believe more in Lochness than the stink ape...

CJ

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrDanielT
If the samples come back as unknown, could they not be compared to all the previous samples which came back unknown also? There has to be a database which stores all the unknown samples.

That always seems to be the case. Those TV shows always have hair and other samples which they test and always seem to come back unknown or no known matches etc then nothing else is every heard about.

edit on 17-7-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:41 AM
link   
reply to post by jazkaat

Well, I'll take your word for that. Now if you know them and they test it and it comes back as unknown or no known matches tell them to find others who have had similar testing and see if they all match!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:25 AM
link   
We had something very similar crop up on one of the trucks we rented during a camping trip in Alaska. The windows were smudged like that, the paint was scratched all to heck and back, and there appeared to be knuckle prints as well. We discovered it on the day that we hiked back down from our campsite and prepared to leave. We called the local authorities to come out because it was a rental truck and we wanted a report filed.

Long story short . . . the police officer told us that there had been a bear sighting in that very parking area the day before. There was a shelter nearby that had hosted a barbecue or something and the revelers did not dispose of their food properly. We found some tufts of hair and then located bear tracks in a drying puddle about three feet from the front of the truck.

I'd be willing to bet my left ovary that this will come back as bear DNA. If I didn't know better I'd swear up and down that that was the same truck we rented and someone just failed to wash the windows before filming it. That's how similar the smudges look.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
Why do they need money for a dna test? I thought scientists would be jumping at the chance to prove this that this is bigfoot or not. You watch destination truth and they are always getting dna tested. I just think its odd that they are asking for money.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jay-morris
Why do they need money for a dna test? I thought scientists would be jumping at the chance to prove this that this is bigfoot or not. You watch destination truth and they are always getting dna tested. I just think its odd that they are asking for money.

I like the show I find it entertaining. Remember they have a big studio/production company financing their activities. These guys on the other hand are just supposedly run of the mill low budget Bigfoot hunters.

DNA testing takes a good chunk of change apparently.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by Jay-morris

I like the show I find it entertaining. Remember they have a big studio/production company financing their activities. These guys on the other hand are just supposedly run of the mill low budget Bigfoot hunters.

DNA testing takes a good chunk of change apparently.

I thought because it something to do, or might have something to do with a new animal, i thought that companies would jusp at the chance to get it tested. I just think asking for money is a bit dodgy.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

At a press conference today in Fresno, Calif., the Sanger Paranormal Society reached out to the public to help come up with the needed funds to pay for a thorough analysis of DNA from an alleged Bigfoot creature.

I don't understand why they can't pay for this without soliciting donations.
Don't they do this on Springer for free? Whose your daddy?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join