It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Current Events as precursor to possible serious conflict with China

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 4 2011 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by princeofpeace
Ummmm i realize this site is running rampant with sci-fi video-Game playing, "the end of the world is near" teenagers, but exactly how does China ferry over enough troops without them being picked off the water? Do you know what logistics it would take for ANY country to try to come invade the US? Do you think this is the freaking armada scene out of the movie Troy or something? GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!

Dont forget our friends to the south, mexico. Who is to say they are not already there in abundance, hiding in the shadows, awaiting orders from china's mainland. I wouldn't doubt alliance with drug cartels for money or weapons either.

Just my opinion of course.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
"There are arguments on both sides of that one. But more importantly, I think we need to look at it from something of a Cold War perspective and see the moves that are made in terms of spheres of influence and proxies. And, just as in the cold war there is always the possibility that things could burn out of control."

Could you please help me out, I'll admit I'm not too articulate in this field, what do you mean by 'spheres of influence and proxies' could you elaborate on that more or maybe lead me to a documentary?

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Sorry to crush all your visions of China invading the U.S with a ground force,but it doesnt work that way.
first you take the smaller allies like Australia with its vast mineral and uranium wealth and then build up your bases and surround the enemy,sort of like what the U.S is doing in the Mid East.As seen on Tv, America can be brought down by financial means.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by BernardMarx
"There are arguments on both sides of that one. But more importantly, I think we need to look at it from something of a Cold War perspective and see the moves that are made in terms of spheres of influence and proxies. And, just as in the cold war there is always the possibility that things could burn out of control."

Could you please help me out, I'll admit I'm not too articulate in this field, what do you mean by 'spheres of influence and proxies' could you elaborate on that more or maybe lead me to a documentary?

Sorry. No problem. Imagine you are at the bar. You tell a joke. The people on either side of you laugh. They can hear you. They are within you sphere of influence.
Now imagine that you buy drinks for the two guys that laughed. A third guy notices that. He moves his stool in closer and slowly joins your conversation. The next time you tell a joke he laughs too. Your sphere of influence has expanded. The third guy is also hoping for a free beer!
The U.S. did this type of thing commonly throughout the cold war. We bought friends. The Soviets tried to buy them too and some countries did quite well collecting from both of us but they usually eventuall had to pick.
NATO is the U.S. Sphere of Influence. The Warsaw Pact was the Soviet Sphere.
Each time you make a friend a bar stool further down, you have the chance to pick up the friends next to them as well.

Proxies.
These are stand ins.
Let's say that you were going to buy a house but you can't make the closing. You can get an attorney to draft a paper legally giving someone else the right to sign for you. The other person signs and you are the one who owns and owes on the house. They stand in for you.
So, in a cold war situation where the two powers who don't like each other are both to powerful to go at it head to head, they pick a stand in of less importance and get those two to fight instead.
Think of it like the head of the maffia.
They rarely pull the trigger on anothe head guy themself. Instead they send one of their down the line less important guys to take out a down the line, less important guy that is loyal to the other big cheese that they are mad at. Message sent.

Hope that helps.

posted on Aug, 8 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   
RE metals are not actually "Rare" as named, they are just "unfeasible" to mine "profitably".

The name is missleading.

en.wikipedia.org...

"Despite their name, rare earth elements (with the exception of the radioactive promethium) are relatively plentiful in the Earth's crust, with cerium being the 25th most abundant element at 68 parts per million (similar to copper). However, because of their geochemical properties, rare earth elements are typically dispersed and not often found in concentrated and economically exploitable forms known as rare earth minerals.[3]"

edit on 8-8-2011 by JennaDarling because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 9 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by watcher3339

Originally posted by BernardMarx

Sorry. No problem. Imagine you are at the bar. You tell a joke. The people on either side of you laugh. They can hear you. They are within you sphere of influence.
Now imagine that you buy drinks for the two guys that laughed. A third guy notices that. He moves his stool in closer and slowly joins your conversation. The next time you tell a joke he laughs too. Your sphere of influence has expanded. The third guy is also hoping for a free beer!
The U.S. did this type of thing commonly throughout the cold war. We bought friends. The Soviets tried to buy them too and some countries did quite well collecting from both of us but they usually eventuall had to pick.
NATO is the U.S. Sphere of Influence. The Warsaw Pact was the Soviet Sphere.
Each time you make a friend a bar stool further down, you have the chance to pick up the friends next to them as well.

Proxies.
These are stand ins.
Let's say that you were going to buy a house but you can't make the closing. You can get an attorney to draft a paper legally giving someone else the right to sign for you. The other person signs and you are the one who owns and owes on the house. They stand in for you.
So, in a cold war situation where the two powers who don't like each other are both to powerful to go at it head to head, they pick a stand in of less importance and get those two to fight instead.
Think of it like the head of the maffia.
They rarely pull the trigger on anothe head guy themself. Instead they send one of their down the line less important guys to take out a down the line, less important guy that is loyal to the other big cheese that they are mad at. Message sent.

Hope that helps.

Thank you, that's awesome. It's certainly expanded my knowledge a bit. In these past few months I've started acknowledging quite a lot of weird things. Like how the US has invaded it's 7th country in the name of 'terrorism'
It's almost as though they are positioning themselves and preparing for something and like you originally said China has great interest in Africa atm.

Thanks again for your post it gave me a bit more insight. I'm going to have to piece things together bit by bit.

posted on Aug, 16 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
China does not want a war with the u.s, but for a very long time now, the u.s, europe, and its pupets (ie japan, south korea, taiwan) have been provoking China into war. i have not been paying attention to politics a long time, but just off the top of my head, the u.s and nato have attacked Libya. only about a year before the invasion, China was investing heavily into Libya. a year later, the u.s and nato attacked Libya, and pretty much destroyed all of China's investments which adds up to billions $. the u.s. did something similar in Sudan, only it funded terrorists from south Sudan to fund a sepratist movement which was successful. the end result was that China again lost billions. i also know that the u.s has been encouraging viet nam, india, and the philipines to confront China. the u.s, and probably other western countries such as britain has been funding all sorts of terrorism in China, such as xin jiang, and tibet. recently, there was a stabbing in China which seems to point to u.s. funded destabilisation. the u.s also does other things to provoke China such as meeting with the dalai. i know that the u.s, and europe uses social networking websites, as well as youtube to try to start colour revolutions around the world. China has blocked these sites. however, the u.s is promoting hardcore the use of proxy servers, which again, is direct subversion against China. another example was when the west decided to award liu xiao buo (a known terrorist) a nobel prize. there are probably hundreds of examples in which the u.s and europe have provoked China into war, and it is quite amazing that China has never once fought back. the u.s loves war so much that it is willing to do false flag terror. i think the u.s, and its allies are just getting warmed up by first attacking small countries (Pakistan, Syria, Afganistan, Iraq), and gradually building its way up to China. let's also not forget that the u.s is currently manipulating its currency, trying to make it worthless so that it does not have to pay China back. these are all acts of aggression, and thats only recently. as far as i know, the u.s has been running destabilisation projects in China and across the world since 1950.

posted on Aug, 17 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by starwarsisreal

They've been saving

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by AZLEA
China does not want a war with the u.s, but for a very long time now, the u.s, europe, and its pupets (ie japan, south korea, taiwan) have been provoking China into war. i have not been paying attention to politics a long time, but just off the top of my head, the u.s and nato have attacked Libya. only about a year before the invasion, China was investing heavily into Libya. a year later, the u.s and nato attacked Libya, and pretty much destroyed all of China's investments which adds up to billions $. the u.s. did something similar in Sudan, only it funded terrorists from south Sudan to fund a sepratist movement which was successful. the end result was that China again lost billions. i also know that the u.s has been encouraging viet nam, india, and the philipines to confront China. the u.s, and probably other western countries such as britain has been funding all sorts of terrorism in China, such as xin jiang, and tibet. recently, there was a stabbing in China which seems to point to u.s. funded destabilisation. the u.s also does other things to provoke China such as meeting with the dalai. i know that the u.s, and europe uses social networking websites, as well as youtube to try to start colour revolutions around the world. China has blocked these sites. however, the u.s is promoting hardcore the use of proxy servers, which again, is direct subversion against China. another example was when the west decided to award liu xiao buo (a known terrorist) a nobel prize. there are probably hundreds of examples in which the u.s and europe have provoked China into war, and it is quite amazing that China has never once fought back. the u.s loves war so much that it is willing to do false flag terror. i think the u.s, and its allies are just getting warmed up by first attacking small countries (Pakistan, Syria, Afganistan, Iraq), and gradually building its way up to China. let's also not forget that the u.s is currently manipulating its currency, trying to make it worthless so that it does not have to pay China back. these are all acts of aggression, and thats only recently. as far as i know, the u.s has been running destabilisation projects in China and across the world since 1950.

Look, I have no intention of painting the U.S. as a saint. HOWEVER, really, you make China sound as if it is.
Your English is excellent, but your spelling is not American so I wonder what personal bones you have to pick....
In terms of the U.S. manipulting its currency. Yep. They are. But the Chinese have been doing it way longer. They have only recently unpegged their currency from the dollar so to even hint that they are displeased with U.S. currency manipulation is the pot calling the kettle black. Also, they should have done their due diligence and not made loans that were unlikely to be repaid in terms of there actual value. We are not the first country to do this and we will not be the last.

You sound Anti American. And that's cool. It's your choice to feel and believe whatever you want. But, perhaps you want to question whatever kind of propaganda has been sent your way (wherever you live) to make you feel that way just as Americans should do the same when examining their view of world events.

Lastly, while it would not at all shock me to find the U.S. deeply involved in twiter scheme psyops, to complain about how the U.S. impacts the computer use, and infrastructure in China is a joke. Everyone knows it is China that hacks the U.S. on a regular basis. And you're going to complain that we promote proxy servers??

Everybody hates America until we are not there to help them.
The problem is that we are always there to help them.
I think we need to give the world some serious time to miss us.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
Were not going to war with China. Come on China couldn't handle our combined navy and air force. Take into account the fact that, they could never invade us. We would Crush china with drones and not even bother sending troops in. We can never overtake them on foot, and they can never overtake us from a far.

posted on Aug, 22 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
china don't have the balls to invade the us. two reasons why it won't happen. first everybody in the world knows that would be stupid,because everyone thinks all americans own guns and lots of them.second they would have to come from canda or mexico and with the way things are going in washington the montana militia and the good old boys of texas won't let that happen. i am from texas and beleive me when i say this we all have guns,lots of guns and we are ready to use them.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join