It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Elements of Religion (Christianity, Taoism, Hinduism, etc.)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
I think this is not really true. I think religion is more elemental than racial.

For example:

FIRE - Passion/Action/desire

WATER - Knowledge/Intuition/Going With The Flow

WIND - Communication/Social/Society

EARTH - Ego/Stability

I consider Christianity, Judaism, and Islam as FIRE religions because they believe that action leads you to reward or punishment which is heaven (which is DESIRABLE - Fire) or hell (lake of FIRE - burning hot). Going with the flow (WATER) leads to sin so (so WATER = BAD to FIRE)

Taoism, Zen, New Age, Buddhism are WATER religions. They teach you to go with the flow (water). They teach you to go with harmony of God/Self (WATER concept of going with the flow). They teach you that desire (FIRE) is the reason of suffering [Buddhism]. (so FIRE = BAD to WATER)

Confucianism, Hinduism, other Pagan cultural religions are WIND religions. These religions talk about how society should be and they aren't just religions they are integrated socially (WIND) in the people's culture. Some thing that without religion integrated in religion, the culture is not living (so EARTH = BAD to them).

Atheism, Materialism, Satanism, Hedonism all of these are from the element of EARTH. They only teach about the material (EARTH) and they talk about getting material gain (EARTH) since spiritual places such as heaven may not exist. Most of these also teach that religion in society (WIND) is very bad because reality (EARTH) should be the basis of all our choices... (so WIND = BAD to EARTH)

This is the way I see it. What do you think? And How would you classify these religions to the elements?.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by arpgme
I think this is not really true. I think religion is more elemental than racial.

For example:

FIRE - Passion/Action/desire

WATER - Knowledge/Intuition/Going With The Flow

WIND - Communication/Social/Society

EARTH - Ego/Stability

I consider Christianity, Judaism, and Islam as FIRE religions because they believe that action leads you to reward or punishment which is heaven (which is DESIRABLE - Fire) or hell (lake of FIRE - burning hot). Going with the flow (WATER) leads to sin so (so WATER = BAD to FIRE)

Taoism, Zen, New Age, Buddhism are WATER religions. They teach you to go with the flow (water). They teach you to go with harmony of God/Self (WATER concept of going with the flow). They teach you that desire (FIRE) is the reason of suffering [Buddhism]. (so FIRE = BAD to WATER)

Confucianism, Hinduism, other Pagan cultural religions are WIND religions. These religions talk about how society should be and they aren't just religions they are integrated socially (WIND) in the people's culture. Some thing that without religion integrated in religion, the culture is not living (so EARTH = BAD to them).

Atheism, Materialism, Satanism, Hedonism all of these are from the element of EARTH. They only teach about the material (EARTH) and they talk about getting material gain (EARTH) since spiritual places such as heaven may not exist. Most of these also teach that religion in society (WIND) is very bad because reality (EARTH) should be the basis of all our choices... (so WIND = BAD to EARTH)

This is the way I see it. What do you think? And How would you classify these religions to the elements?.

interesting point of view i can only see one big flaw in it though.
Satanism is based in Christianity, without Christians Satan does not exist. so satanism should be fire in your analogy.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:16 PM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Your method of classification is right but at the same time wrong. The only reason I believe it is wrong because it really segregates the religions philosophies, where in truth they are all really similar.

Another big flaw is grouping 'Atheism' with materialism and satanism. Atheism isn't a bad thing. Just like with all religions, it is really the people behind them that are flawed, not the ideology.

I would suggest reading 'The Perennial Philosophy' by Aldous Huxley which really gives amazing insight on all the great religions of the world. I recently read in the book (my memory doesn't serve me well overall lol) that Christianity has 3 modes of achieving the divine through "action, devotion and knowledge (shedding the ego through knowledge).

I will use this example because I was just fiddling around with iTunes, but religions are kinda like the Equalizer function, all the nobs have a specific function in relationship to a spectrum of sound (or "philosophy) and a combination forms a format such as BASS BOOSTER (which can be viewed as a specific religion). Some have different philosophies and rules heightened while others have different combos but all of them are essentially the same (the music played using an equalizer is in essence the same).

Rather than fitting a religion to each element, I would fit the type of personality to the element to find a path to take to enlightenment. This is what Aldous mentions in the book, he doesn't use Jung's personality theory but another psychologist about endomorphs, ectomorphs and another type which have specific traits (a person can be a combination of any three) and that each type has its own ideal way to achieving the divine, action, knowledge or devotion.
edit on 16-7-2011 by ThisIsMyName because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Your logic is flawed.
please see the table of elements
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 16-7-2011 by rom12345 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
You got it all wrong.

It's earth, water, wind, fire and HEART.

AND WHEN YOUR POWERS COMBINE,

I AM CAPTAIN PLANET!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
interesting point of view i can only see one big flaw in it though.
Satanism is based in Christianity, without Christians Satan does not exist. so satanism should be fire in your analogy.

Satanism is not about worshiping Satan. In fact, it doesn't even talk about Satan. Satanism is about worshiping the Self/Ego, and Ego is Earth, which is why I grouped Satanism with Earth.

Luciferianism is the belief that Satan is the good guy and God is evil, since Luciferianism/Devil worship is still of Christianity/Islam/Judaism, then Luciferians Devilworship would be fire, you are correct if that's what you are saying.

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
reply to post by arpgme

Your method of classification is right but at the same time wrong. The only reason I believe it is wrong [is] because it really segregates the religions philosophies, where in truth they are all really similar.

Just like all colors are similar since they are just fractions of light, but they still have their unique qualities, just like these religions.

Originally posted by ThisIsMyName
reply to post by arpgme

Another big flaw is grouping 'Atheism' with materialism and satanism. Atheism isn't a bad thing. Just like with all religions, it is really the people behind them that are flawed, not the ideology.

I never said that Atheism was a bad thing...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:50 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

you miss my point, satanism is a christian invention. it is an offshoot of Christianity. regardless of what it teaches. Satan was invented in the christian bible and it is a mirror of Christianity. without Christianity satanism could not exist. All of its fundamental beliefs are set up in opposition to christian beliefs.

since it is rooted in christian philosophy, it is a christian religion. Christians find this to be offensive, i realize this. however that does not make it any less true. All Abrahamic religions come from the same source. That is why Christianity, Judaism, and Islam fit so well into one group. all offshoots of those belief systems therefore are also included in the same grouping. Since all three are sourced the same and thus is the reason they are classified as similar and "fire" then Satanism must be in that very same group for the very same reasons the others are included.

take two colors blue and yellow, and call them Christianity. Is the color green christian?. It is blue and yellow it contains the same base "colors" as Christianity and without yellow and blue it cant be. It contains the base elements of the original colors and combines them to form a new "color" (philosophy) that visually looks very different yet is the same as the two separate colors (Christianity).
Thus Satanism is fire in your classification system.

ok i admit that, perhaps it isnt a perfect analogy but i am sure you understand my point.
Christians tend to deny that Satanism has any resemblance to their system. Yet that is undeniably a false sentiment.

edit on 17-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 06:58 AM
link   
Also Atheism is not a religion and should not be in a religious classification system.
Atheism denies the leaps in logic demanded to form a belief in a deity. Atheism is a, it is what it is, type of belief system. Only accepts rational verifiable conclusions and denies faith at all junctures. Atheism takes only provable evidence and makes a logical conclusion based on that evidence.

edit on 17-7-2011 by CaDreamer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

Christianity, is an ego based religion. to say otherwise denies the entire bible. The god of the bible has the biggest ego ever imagined.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

Satanism is not fire because Satanist don't believe in Satan! Luciferians and Devil Worshippers do, however. Satanism was just the name chosen and Satan is just the mascot. No Satanist actually believes in him though, at least not true Lavey Satanists. I say Lavey Satanists because Lavey is the one who made the Satanism religion and they do NOT believe in Satan, it is just the name. They believe in the material world and ego and pleasure. I would just call them Atheists but the have a strong belief in magic in the such, just not a God or a Satan.

Also, Atheism is not a religion and Atheist just mean "not believing in God", however.... you have to admit that most atheists do not believe in anything spiritual at all (no heaven, no hell) and therefore it is materialistic and concerned with this material word...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
reply to post by arpgme

then perhaps Luciferians should have been listed in place of satanism in the OP.

Again non belief in god thus has a natural conclusion of non belief in any biblical teaching. heaven/hell is irrelevant and never comes into the fray for a true Atheist.

Example. Atheist A. says there is no god, thus all god teachings based on belief in a god must also be discarded because without god there is no heaven or hell. Atheist A never has to form a belief or non belief in heaven or hell because the entire system is irrelevant once a belief in god is dismissed.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   

Um, If I'm talking about Satanism, why on Earth would I put "Luciferianism" in place of it?

Also, what you said is debatable, I'm an Atheist and I believe in Spirits and Elements and Reincarnation. I'm an Atheist for the sole fact that I don't believe in a God, Atheism has nothing to do with anything else.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   

Um, If I'm talking about Satanism, why on Earth would I put "Luciferianism" in place of it?

Also, what you said is debatable, I'm an Atheist and I believe in Spirits and Elements and Reincarnation. I'm an Atheist for the sole fact that I don't believe in a God, Atheism has nothing to do with anything else.

you are not an atheist you are an agnostic...
you believe in spirits, every religion defines god as a spirit.
you just dont believe in a creator or supreme spirit.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

you are not an atheist you are an agnostic...
you believe in spirits, every religion defines god as a spirit.
you just dont believe in a creator or supreme spirit.

Being agnostic means not knowing for sure whether god exists or not. I absolutely don't believe in a god...
I'm an Atheist, someone who absolutely doesn't believe in a god.

And, Enki is a serpent god, I believe in serpents but I don't believe in Enki...

So what if religion defines god as a spirit, if I don't believe in any gods, then I'm still an Atheist...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
Well, what about metal and spirit? I suppose that spirit is the root of all of them, the thing that gives them power. But metal? Metal would be what you get when you master all the elements I've always been told. So...is it like some super religion?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:22 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

Metal represents rock/stone in a since so it would still be Earth which represents dirt, land, and rock...

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
To categorized religions and believe base on ancient asian culture about element that construct living thing would be absurd.
It is your right to interpret anyway you like but you will lost the true meaning of that elemental base.

top topics

join