It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Budget Deficits and Federal Spending

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96
reply to post by spinalremain

government accounting is a farce any anyone who believes the clinton surplus is naive.

look it up for yourself.

Thats just what I was about to post.

www.craigsteiner.us...

The national debt went up through out Clinton's presidency.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

I notice your signature :

Yes the wealthy do pay the most taxes in this nation. The top 10 percent of this country do pay 65 percent of our taxes..... because they own 80 percent of the wealth.

I wanted to comment on it.

In an above comment I mentioned Pareto's 80/20 rule and that the Bankster siphon had changed that natural distribution to 1% controlling 90% of the wealth. (Alex Jones
)

Given the recent corporate consolidation and this article:

WASHINGTON -- A recent analysis of the 2007 financial markets of 48 countries has revealed that the world's finances are in the hands of just a few mutual funds, banks, and corporations. This is the first clear picture of the global concentration of financial power, and point out the worldwide financial system's vulnerability as it stood on the brink of the current economic crisis....
www.insidescience.org...

I would say 1% controlling 90% is very likely closer to the truth.

TAXES

paraphrased from this Article

Top 50 % of taxpayers, by income - paid over 96 percent of the total (2000, 2001, 2002)

Top 5 % of taxpayers -paid 53.8 percent earned 30.6 percent of income (2002)

Top 1 % of taxpayers - paid 33.7 percent of all individual income taxes (2002)
Treasury Department analysts credit President Bush's tax cuts with shifting a larger share of the individual income taxes paid to higher income taxpayers.

share of taxes paid by bottom 50 % will fall from 4.1 percent to 3.6 percent

That sounded bias so here are more nice charts from: America's independent, non-partisan advocate for overburdened taxpayers I have sort of reproduced one here.

%iles = percentiles. I am computer challenged and gave up trying to embed pictures & charts.

Tax Year 2008

%tiles Ranked by AGI.... AGI Threshold on %iles..... % of Fed... Tax Paid

Top 1%................................. $380,354.............................. 38.02

Top 5%................................ $159,619................................ 58.72

Top 10%................................. $113,799....................................... 69.94

Top 25%................................ $67,280................................. 86.34

Top 50%................................ $33,048................................. 97.30

Bottom 50%.......................

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

A 133 billion dollar deficit is pretty damn low, regardless. On a side note, one of the alarming things that occurred under the GWB administration is only 3 million jobs were created, compared to 23 million under Clinton. That number under GWB is the worst under any POTUS since those statistics have been tracked.

Given that the World Trade organization was ratified in 1995 under Clinton that is not surprising. Clinton was also responsible for bringing China into the WTO. In 14 years 20% of our Manufacturing jobs were exported. According to this Article the same guys who brought us the WTO and China under Clinton are now in charge of our "Economic Recovery" Talk about adding insult to INJURY!

I have no use for Bush but lay the blame for the problems at the correct door please.

For example Bush gave us the Patriot Act that has lead to TSA Grope-n-Fly.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:27 PM
link   
reply to post by hawkiye

The problems is we have exported most of our manufacturing and jobs, The rest of the world knows we cannot expand the economy enough to cover another credit expansion so they are not giving us any credit.

BINGO, You have it!

WTO, NAFTA and CAFTA all did away with the tariffs that protected US workers from international competition.

As long as US workers are directly competing with workers in third world countries working at slave wages and without all of the US regulations and cost of living expenses we have no hope of a recovering economy.

The largest employer in the US is the Federal Government
followed by Wally Mart, Kelly Temp Services and McDonalds. linky

On top of that Our Education sucks "we're at the bottom of the heap, outperforming only two countries, Cyprus and South Africa. " According to one article I read our high tech possitions are now being filled by workers from India and China and of course our lower end jobs are being filled by Latinos, all of whom have better work ethics and are willing to work for lower wages.

..In 2000, 28 percent of all freshmen entering a degree-granting institution required remedial coursework...

Surveys of corporations consistently find that businesses are focused outside • the U.S. to recruit necessary talent. In a 2002 survey, 16 global corporations complained that American schools did not produce students with global skills. United States companies agreed. The survey found that 30 percent of large U.S. companies “believed they had failed to exploit fully their international business opportunities due to insufficient personnel with international skills.” One respondent to the survey even noted, “If I wanted to recruit people who are both technically skilled and culturally aware, I wouldn’t even waste time looking for them on U.S. college campuses.”
www.edreform.com...

The Fabian/Rhodes Scholars, John Dewey and Clinton really did a great job on screwing the American work force, just as the bankers had wanted.

seedtruth.wordpress.com...

www.ordination.org...

modernhistoryproject.org...
edit on 19-7-2011 by crimvelvet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

Thank you hawkiye and CREAM for clarifying the myth of the Clinton era "Surplus" and also where the extra jobs came from (the dot-com bubble)

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by origamiandurbanism

...True revolution is the only way and if that occurs it'll probably be another 50 or 100 years before another one will be needed.....

Another word on the idea of a "Revolution" (and Money)

The other problem with a "True revolution" is the Bankers have already infiltrated ALL the So called "Grass Roots" organizations. That is what Maurice Strong's brilliant move of creating NGOs (especially UN sanctioned NGOs) was all about.

By bankrolling various groups and installing well trained puppets at the head, the bankers grabbed control of "Grass Roots" groups as US Farmers fighting the Ag Cartel found to their sorrow. (That is where my odyssey in fact finding started.)

We expected Organic Consumers Union and Food & Water Watch to back us up - NOPE. They turned on us and called us "HYSTERICAL" denying the Ag Cartel connection. Seems Marlene Barlow director of both was handsomely rewarded for this betrayal with a Senior Advisor slot at the UN!. Also you can trace the Money connections to the Rockefeller and Tides Foundations.

The Tea Party is another example of Bankster maneuvering. It started as the Ron Paul campaign in 2008 and was denigrated in the media to turn off any liberal and moderate conservatives. Then Sara Palin was quickly installed as the "Head" to nullify Ron Paul and split the movement. (No I am not a member, the media hype worked on me too
)

Remember 97% of the USA money supply is now in the form of bank loans so the bankers are creaming a minimum of 5% off the GNP of this country. What are they doing with that vast river of money???

I think this sums up the actual situation quite nicely:

...We're talking about a river of unearned wealth that is so wide you can't even think of crossing it, flowing perpetually into the banking cartel. A dead short across the productive element of society. Money being taken from people who are working hard providing the material and the labor. They don't even know that this is being taken from them and it's in this huge river of wealth flowing into the banking cartel. It's a staggering thought.

You are led to the question of where is this river flowing? Where's it going? ....

They're not accumulating it at all. What are they spending it for? The answer may surprise you. They're not buying more yachts and mansions with this money, they've already got all of those they possibly want....

When a person has all the wealth that you could possibly want for the material pleasures of life, what is left? Power. They are using this river of wealth to acquire power over you and me and our children.

They are spending it to acquire control over the power centers of society. The power centers are those groups and institutions through which individuals live and act and rely on for their information. They are literally buying up the world but not the real estate and the hardware, they're buying control over the organizations, the groups and institutions that control people.

In other words, to be specific, they are buying control over politicians, political parties, television networks, cable networks, newspapers, magazines, publishing houses, wire services, motion picture studios, universities, labor unions, church organizations, trade associations, tax-exempt foundations, multi-national corporations, boy scouts, girl scouts, you name it.

Make your own list of organizations and you will find that this is where those people have been for many decades spending this river of wealth to acquire operational control particularly over those institutions and individuals, those organizations that represent opposition to themselves. That's a critical area for expenditure on their part..... www.bigeye.com...

The goal of course is GLOBAL GOVERNANCE:

"The impulse to possess turf is a powerful one for all species; yet it is one that people must overcome." ...

"global rules of custom constrain the freedom of sovereign states," ...

"sensitivity over the relationship between international responsibility and national sovereignty [is a] considerable obstacle to the leadership at the international level,"....

"Although states are sovereign, they are not free individually to do whatever they want." - Maurice Strong, a member of the Commission, and a likely candidate for the position of Secretary General, said in an essay entitled Stockholm to Rio: A Journey Down a Generation: "It is simply not feasible for sovereignty to be exercised unilaterally by individual nation-states, however powerful. It is a principle which will yield only slowly and reluctantly to the imperatives of global environmental cooperation." sovereignty.net...

GLOBAL GOVERNANCE and the World Trade Organization - by the directer of WTO: Article - Of What Use is Global Governance? | The Global Journal

Global Governance 2025 | Atlantic Council

This report analyzes the gap between current international governance institutions, organizations and norms and the demands for global governance likely to be posed by long-term strategic challenges over the next 15 years. The report is the product of research and analysis by the NIC and EUISS following a series of international dialogues co-organized by the Atlantic Council, TPN, and other partner organizations in Beijing, Tokyo, Dubai, New Delhi, Pretoria, Sao Paulo & Brasilia, Moscow, and Paris. The executive summary is below.

Executive Summary
Global governance—the collective management of common problems at the international level—is at a critical juncture.....

Globa l Governance 2025 Planned by US & EU Intelligence Agencies Document Obtained Thru FOIA. You may read this September 2010 report, courtesy of our Freedom of Information Act, at cia.gov.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
reply to post by crimvelvet

Eloquently put my friend, crimvelvet.

This has to be one of ATS's more thoroughly researched and intelligent threads.

I keep wanting to add but all my thoughts and ideas are already posted by others.

S&F

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

This has to be one of ATS's more thoroughly researched and intelligent threads.

Yes there has been a wealth of info from several people.

It is too bad that threads with good info like this are so often ignored in favor of the sensational. Too bad there is no way of preserving it and bringing it to the notice of others.

Bookmark for your Thread Jenna!

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

The INCOME TAX taxes EARNINGS not accumulated wealth therefore we have no idea if the top 1% who OWN 90% of the wealth pay even one thin dime in tax. ALL of the earning could easily go into tax exempt foundations used to buy POWER.

This is precisely where my thoughts on the matter lie, and was what I alluded to in my last post. (Though you might be refering to think-tanks, Councils, and such like.)

We have this sort of thing, all above board. I would really love to believe that this is the stuff of pure altruism.

But, could it all simply amount to making sure the livestock don't starve? And dodging that pesky tax burden, of course.

The name is probably a coincidence, but the real reasoning behind the non-profit behemoth is neatly outlined here:

There are three assumptions underlying Rothschild's formation of the Human Capital Performance Bonds plan:

Assumption 1: Quality nonprofits create social value

Assumption 2: Social value equates to economic value (the value can be monetized)

Assumption 3: Economic value equates to cash flow "You can monetize the economic value of most social programs, if they avoid costs and increase revenues to the state," "The state now is spending money without knowing what it gets in return because it doesn't measure outcomes, it doesn't capture value and it doesn't reward high performance based on value being created." Measuring economic impact would allow us to determine which programs create the most social value.

Hm.
edit on 22-7-2011 by mistermonculous because: Tidying a quote up.

Edit to add: Crimvelvet, you are my hero. No joke. Keep on keeping on.
edit on 22-7-2011 by mistermonculous because: shout-out

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
Bringing this in from another thread, but I think it's relevant here.
sanders.senate.gov...

16 trillion the federal reserve unilaterally loaned out to foreign banks and corporations.
That means, they did it on their own.

At what point, does the poor NEED to storm the fed?

posted on Jul, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by hadriana

And take back what? Thin air?

Purely speaking to conditions in the U.S.A., the poor need to see to their own interests; beginning with the food supply and education.

Far easier said than done, but you'll notice that in re: my last post, if you do a bit of research into what's being funded, and what isn't, there isn't a great deal of emphasis on self-sufficiency.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join