It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama to meet Dalai Lama at White House Saturday

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
Obama meets Dalai Lama White House

The president last met with the Nobel Peace laureate in February 2010, infuriating Chinese officials. China accuses the Dalai Lama of pushing for Tibetan independence.

A White House official says Obama will urge that representatives of the Dalai Lama be allowed to engage with Chinese authorities and will call for the preservation of Tibetan culture.

---

So obama had a meeting with the Dalai Lama today whose on the payroll with the CIA and lives like a rich king, well ignoring the debt problems at home the puppet obama sure likes his meetings with the Dalai Lama oftentimes, and the comments in the washingtonpost article is a bit quite sicking.

News items like this just remind us that China is long overdue for regime change. quadibloc

Obama the puppet has no real attention on solving or fixing the debt problems just likes to waste time and destroying relations with china.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Agent_USA_Supporter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Agent_USA_Supporter

i dont see what all the hoohaa is about...

so what if the chinese are P'd off...

they are ruining tibet, and
well, usa is hanging by a thread,

thats bigger news...

seeya

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
So , if i am right, you are calling the Dalia Lama a rich puppet?
I was wondering where he got those 'kicking 'robes from. Vivienne westwood always did do nice curtains. plus those Armani white wraparounds are sooo in this season. Go Lama..

edit on 16-7-2011 by crimsonred because: smarmy

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

China accuses the Dalai Lama of pushing for Tibetan independence.

Oh man, a revolutionist! Err.. Terrorist!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Anttyk47

Nah , he's a fashionista in disguise...

This man is as holy as the Catholic Pope. He represents a lot more people than you can imagine, not just the Tibetans. Find some literature on him and see who he really is. Please don't EVER belittle his faith and his motives by accusing him of being 'hand in hand ' with the CIA

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by shaneR

they are ruining tibet

And america is ruining the entire eupore, stealing coal from Kosovo, staging fake revolutions in the mid east, etc do i need bring anything else?

@crimsonred

So , if i am right, you are calling the Dalia Lama a rich puppet?

He is on the CIA payrolL

Lama Payroll with the CIA

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
There is a massive difference between the Dalai being involved in the CIA funded operations with the 'Free Tibet'movement as there is with him being a speaker for the preservation of his culture and his peoples belief. I would seriously advise you to research what the real message of Buddhism is about. Once you realize who and what the real Tibetans are, you will see that all news 'stories are just that..stories..fabrications of a lazy western journalistic mind.'. But, you are more than free to believe in your views, as are we.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by crimsonred
reply to post by Anttyk47

Nah , he's a fashionista in disguise...

This man is as holy as the Catholic Pope. He represents a lot more people than you can imagine, not just the Tibetans. Find some literature on him and see who he really is. Please don't EVER belittle his faith and his motives by accusing him of being 'hand in hand ' with the CIA

I was quoting that section and was giving my opinion on China, not the man. I know how he plays his political game, i was just down talking China

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
It is the President's job to meet with leaders from around the world and to represent the United States in the best light possible. This includes the hospitality and all that comes with it.

Another role of the President is to set and help guide U.S. policy in the way that he or she thinks is best for the country not necessarily to come up with solutions to every single problem. That is the role of Congress to hash out the details through duscussion and debate then present the final proposal to the President.

I think the op needs to take an introduction course to American Politics.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

can i have for once normal posters replying to me?

There is a massive difference between the Dalai being involved in the CIA funded operations with the 'Free Tibet'movement as there is with him being a speaker for the preservation of his culture and his peoples belief. I would seriously advise you to research what the real message of Buddhism is about. Once you realize who and what the real Tibetans are, you will see that all news 'stories are just that..stories..fabrications of a lazy western journalistic mind.'. But, you are more than free to believe in your views, as are we.

Once you realize who and what the real Tibetans are, you will see that all news 'stories are just that..stories..fabrications of a lazy western journalistic mind.'. But, you are more than free to believe in your views, as are we.

.fabrications of a lazy western journalistic mind? nice try with that but there is alot of evidences that the Dalai Lama has been with the CIA and the CIA has been providing him with money and gold.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
However, as the OP stated, Obama is meeting with the D.L and i think the stupid thing about it is, Obamas press camp have publicised this. This will obviously infuriate the Chinese, so why allow this to be press news? There is something of an agenda here, ie, i personally think it is to make the Chinese aware of the fact that Obama will not be held ransom to who he can or will talk to. What better way of sending a message to the biggest Superpower than' # you, i'll talk to who i want to, whenever i choose to.' It seems like it has become ''children' playing games.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by crimsonred

That's exactly what he's doing and he's correct for doing it. Reagan often touted Americas strength by things like this just to make a point. He would meet with Gorbachev sometimes in winter without wearing a coat just to show the Rusky's how tough Americans are.

Small things but it's nice to see Obama not taking the low road and capitulating to everyone like he has been.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
doubl
edit on 16-7-2011 by incrediblelousminds because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join