It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August solar flares toasting the grid? America banking on it?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
reply to post by redrose123

haha, the shear ignorance of that statement is almost insulting. As I said numerous times, this is pure speculation. read before you write.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:37 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

This is an amazing corelation that makes total sense of a very realistic possibility. Excellent brain and insight into what is a very sensical potential.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Egyptia

why thank you.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
I've been following this information about 2011 devastating solar flares for a while and I find it very fascinating. (Especially considering the warnings are coming from NASA) However what some of you have failed to mention is that this is not simply a blackout. Its a complete destruction of the grid, now what happened in Japan when a earthquake knocked out the grid? Nuclear power plants started melting down. From my understanding and what NASA has previously said, nuclear plants must be connected to the grid to function, if it is suddenly turned off it cannot be cooled. If a flare did hit the US, the country would be drenched in radiation within a week or less.

I think the country would have more to worry about than make believe debt.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   
Admittedly this could be fear mongering by NASA, but here is some more info on my previous statement: Info

http://(nolink)/2011/04/26/nasa-warn-super-solar-storms-forecasted-2012-kill-1-billion-20382/

Sorry I'm new and cant get the link to work right

edit on 18/7/11 by goatman because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join