It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

August solar flares toasting the grid? America banking on it?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:20 PM
link   
Now I don't have much to go by for this, as it is mostly just a thought. However I would rather prepare for the worst and have nothing happen, then prepare for nothing and have the worst happen.

Here is my small theory, NASA has issued out emails to their employees multiple times memo's, these memo's basically say "prepare yourself for some form of a disaster." Now granted that could be a routine thing they do to keep the employees safe, But they issued the same email topic twice in a short period of time, almost giving a sense of urgency.

The emails.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

After digging into this more, I stumbled upon a thread where a member said he had overheard a lady talking about information obtained from her uncle in NASA. Supposedly she said that NASA knew about massive solar flares that are heading our way in august.

Interesting thing is that NASA reports that there is magnetized "ribbons" in space that our solar system is drifting towards. These ribbons of magnetized hydrogen and helium can in essence create an Ionic "bridge" between Earth and the Sun (same way a wire transports electrons). In the event we drift into the ribbons correctly we would see increased solar flares that create CONSTANT EMP's and Flux transfer events. This would GUARANTEE the power grid to be fried.

more info on EMP's, FTE's, CME's and evidence of the "bridging of earth and sun"

Now comes in the part where America banks on it! As you all likely know, we are horribly in debt, they claim that on August 2nd the treasury will run out of money unless the debt ceiling is raised. Is it possible that they plan on all financial systems in the world to shut down? thus there is no records of their money or debt?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:25 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ConspiraCity

"Now comes in the part where America banks on it! As you all likely know, we are horribly in debt, they claim that on August 2nd the treasury will run out of money unless the debt ceiling is raised. Is it possible that they plan on all financial systems in the world to shut down? thus there is no records of their money or debt?"

This is actually very close on what they are hoping for.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
Interesting theory.

Our solar system is in a bubble, the heliosphere. The ribbon (and the Voyager probes) are near its edge, and outside are the aforementioned high energy cosmic rays zinging around, and the occasional interstellar cloud of 'stuff'. The heliosphere keeps most of that outside of our solar system, and we end up with a stable environment consisting of mostly just what the sun puts out. Baring a local supernova, we're safe. But a "strong magnetic field just outside the solar system could press against the heliosphere and interact with it in unknown ways. Will this strengthen our natural shielding—or weaken it?"

www.science20.com...

Now, this is where things start to get really interesting. In December it was announced that the veteran Voyager probes currently flying toward the heliosphere measured an unexpected increase in magnetic field strength. Scientists believe that this increase is due to an unexpectedly large magnetic field threaded through a cloud of interstellar gas called the "Local Fluff." Our solar system is currently speeding into this Fluff. In research that was published in the Astrophysical Journal Letters, Jacob Heerikhuisen, a NASA Heliophysics Guest Investigator from the University of Alabama in Huntsville, believes the ribbon observed by IBEX is caused by an interstellar magnetic field, possibly relating to the Voyager probes' discovery. "We believe the ribbon is a reflection," said Heerikhuisen. "It is where solar wind particles heading out into interstellar space are reflected back into the solar system by a galactic magnetic field." Therefore, the energetic protons traveling inside the solar wind encounter this "galactic magnetic field" and are manipulated in such a way that they are reflected back to where they came from (U-turn style).

news.discovery.com...
edit on 16-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

I wonder as we become closer to this ribbon,would it reflect the solar wind particles back into earth,doubling our exposure and coming from an unprotected side of earth opposite from the sun.
What would this do to earth?
edit on 16-7-2011 by kdog1982 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Now comes in the part where America banks on it! As you all likely know, we are horribly in debt, they claim that on August 2nd the treasury will run out of money unless the debt ceiling is raised. Is it possible that they plan on all financial systems in the world to shut down? thus there is no records of their money or debt?

this might sound dumb on my part but i'm having a hard time understanding this concept in the paragraph above. can you please explain it a little better or in more detail

edit on 16-7-2011 by Gemini67 because: didn't quote properly

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gemini67

this might sound dumb on my part but i'm having a hard time understanding this concept in the paragraph above. can you please explain it a little better or in more detail

edit on 16-7-2011 by Gemini67 because: didn't quote properly

Basically, solar activity destroys Earth's power grid, rendering information held digitially useless. America's debts and loans to other countries could feasibly also be permanently deleted thus rendering countries in debt as equal to those who weren't because everyone would be in the same boat.

It'd be like a water supply drying up for a few months and then you wouldn't have to pay once it comes back online because you didn't use any water and there'd be no record of water use anywhere in your region.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
What if they are planning a False Flag Event and blame solar activity.

Even children with a rudimentary bookkeeping class can understand that we are financially doomed.

I just am completely baffled how we can continue to spend. No person or business could survive even one thousandth of a percent of the debt relative to their net worth as the U.S is in presently.

This has been planned for many many years.
edit on 7/16/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: typo

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Here's what I posted on Unusual Preparations at the CDC? - thread, which is relevant to your point too:

I did a quick check on the internet and it didn't take me long to find this: NASA's warnings to be prepared for expected 2012 sun storms that will take down all power grids. The implications of this event are enough to send chills down the spines of the people who run major organisations like NASA, FEMA and many others. I'm sure there must be threads about this already, but here is one useful clip:

A few excerpts:
“Everything from our sewage systems to our Wall Street banks operates with our power grid.”
“We’re talking about a potential Katrina from outer space”
“Throughout history, we have never relied on technology the way we do today”
“It would be far worse than the black-out from New York four years ago”

You can't make that one up no matter what your objectives as a bankrupt nation are.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Sorry about that faulty link. I'm still relatively new here and still learning the ropes. Try this: www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cegullah
Sorry about that faulty link. I'm still relatively new here and still learning the ropes. Try this: www.youtube.com...

Here is an embed for you.

Welcome to ATS:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
this sounds very plausible, i like the way you think

and to add to conspiracy, maybe this whole capital hill argument is a sideshow meant to keep the attention of the public so their eyes don't wander anywhere but straight. and maybe that's why they are spreading all this fear around..so BOOM when (and if) Americans are blindsided by an event like this then most are already instilled with fear so they will run to the Fema shelters and rely on the government. I guess that's just the way they want it though right? dependent slaves are easier to control.

but I guess we'll never know as usual
i had fun poking and guessing at it

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
“ Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short. It's about 30 light years wide and contains a wispy mixture of hydrogen and helium atoms at a temperature of 6000 C.

The Fluff is held at bay just beyond the edge of the solar system by the sun's magnetic field, which is inflated by solar wind into a magnetic bubble more than 10 billion km wide. Called the "heliosphere," this bubble acts as a shield that helps protect the inner solar system from galactic cosmic rays and interstellar clouds. The two Voyagers are located in the outermost layer of the heliosphere, or "heliosheath," where the solar wind is slowed by the pressure of interstellar gas.

The fact that the Fluff is strongly magnetized means that other clouds in the galactic neighborhood could be, too. Eventually, the solar system will run into some of them, and their strong magnetic fields could compress the heliosphere even more than it is compressed now. Additional compression could allow more cosmic rays to reach the inner solar system, possibly affecting terrestrial climate and the ability of astronauts to travel safely through space.”

SO…….Have you wondered why we are sending so many birds up in space to watch the Sun? Or how about axing the shuttle program or changing our minds about going to the moon?

This is not a conspiracy, its released all over the news, just not main stream media…….you can review Voyager and IBEX updates.

After the horrible crisis in Japan, deadly storms and tornadoes, massive flooding all over the Midwest etc., you have to admit that being prepared for a catastrophic event is sensible.

Here is a list describing things to have on hand for an emergency. This is an extreme list, but you will get the idea: www.thepowerhour.com...

What am I doing? I’m preparing; preparing for a natural disaster brings a little peace of mind……Think about it, what would you do if a massive Coronal Mass Ejection was amplified by this local fluff and poof......EMP BURST GLOBALLY!! Its possible.

LINKS TO THE INTERSTELLAR CLOUD

en.wikipedia.org...

science1.nasa.gov...

ibex.swri.edu...

www.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
And as per usual the only country affected would be America.
It must really suck being no.1 .

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:43 PM
link   
I do think that this overall concept is plausible. If anyone else has additional information on this thought, feel free to chime in with your Info as well.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by dreamfox1

"Now comes in the part where America banks on it! As you all likely know, we are horribly in debt, they claim that on August 2nd the treasury will run out of money unless the debt ceiling is raised. Is it possible that they plan on all financial systems in the world to shut down? thus there is no records of their money or debt?"

This is actually very close on what they are hoping for.

Well, that wouldn't be so horrible if you owed the IRS say a ton of money or were in foreclosure on your home or had 50 thousand in credit card debt, etc....sort of like wiping the slate clean for everyone?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
Just watched Knowing the other night again, this reminds me of that movie. Let the chaos ensue...whoohoo!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
Surely Governments would make an announcement if there is likely to be a problem with advice for everybody in sufficient time for those who wish to prepare or provision can do so because no annoucement would mean much more panic and dissarray and even less control. This way people can turn as many things off as possible to reduce what gets affected or fried!

No? Yes?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by ConspiraCity
Supposedly she said that NASA knew about massive solar flares that are heading our way in august.

Given that they only take a few days to get here, how exactly does somebody, anybody predict the future existence of a killer solar flare that hasnt happened yet?
In August, specifically. Not June, July or September, but August.
October is right out.

<<   2  3 >>

join