It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rape Victim Jailed for Contempt Put Next to Her Attacker in Jail

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:17 PM
link   
I am again saddened by the inhumanity of our laws and legal system. This is absurd.

This woman found the courage to come back to court and testify against one of the men who she says beat her with everything from a chair, to a two-by-four and raped her repeatedly before she found a way to escape from this Strasberg Street in Detroit. That nightmare only continued at a Wednesday hearing , when she claims defense attorney Gabi Silver kept badgering her on the stand insinuating that she brought this attack on herself, causing this victim to snap in court.

"I said just get to the point bitch, it slipped out, it was inappropriate... all the bottled anger" says the alleged victim. Without a warning, she says 36th District Judge Vanessa Bradley held her in contempt and ordered her to spend three days in jail.

And then they stick her in a cell next to one of her alleged attackers...

Great job Judge Vanessa Bradley! Way to hold on to your court!

Dear Lord

ColoradoJens

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

Jail for contempt? FINE. But really, REALLY... Does it need to be right next to her rapist? Disgusting and it shows a huge lack of understanding. I'd also say that, even though she DID show contempt for court, that it was out of special circumstances (being raped) and that they could have let it slide.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
Hmmm.... black judge puts white rape victim in cell next to black defendant, for calling insulting defense attorney a bitch.

Gee, why so little compassion from the judge for the victim? I can't quite put my finger on it...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   
This is cruel and unusual.

Too bad American Judges are imbued with the power of ancient God-Kings, otherwise she might be able to sue.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   

I think the comments are appalling;

Ahhhhhhhhhhh Detroit, the rectum of America. Am I surprised that this kind of thing happens there? Not really. Detroit has become the poster child for everything Liberal; including corruption. Also, the Progressive/Liberal contention is that the victim is always to blame the victim.

So what you are seeing here is Detroit is as Detroit does.

Using a rape victim and their subsequent mistreatment at court as a springboard for a political attack? Disgusting. On top of that Fox approves this comment, guess they just want this story to sell their brand disregarding the victim.

Nastiness all round.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:39 PM
link   
I think it shows what way the judge was leaning in a verdict, if nothing else. Also, I was under the impression that men and women are supposed to be separated in jails by federal law.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:41 PM
link   
I'm wondering why do rapists, Wall Street bankers, murderers, pedophiles, and other sorts of criminals go free while the innocents are in jail?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
...per the article...

she says her time in a holding cell was spent right next door to her alleged attacker who she says threatened her life, claiming the suspect who is still on the loose will come back and kill her. An investigation into this matter is underway.

...detroit jails dont segregate genders or was the alleged attacker who did the threatening a female?...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:43 PM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I think it's just a badly written article, I take it the person she was imprisoned next to was a female accomplice. It states that the victim was goaded with threats along the lines of the rapist himself (who hasn't been caught), will come back and kill her.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
I am AMAZED they put her next to her attacker. Thats really messed up.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   

She wasn't put in an adjoining cell.

That is a blatant lie.

Men and women are segregated by sex and juveniles are segregated from adults.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
Here's my take:

I am fed up with the black racism in America.

I don't get this, I don't get that, we don't get blah blah blah...

But yet , as of now, you have gotten everything from education, Medicare, too welfare, to babies, to money, and blah blah blah.

Everyone else, who was, unlucky as you, has made it. What the f*** is your excuse, besides racism?

I'm white. I have black friends, and they don't act as childish as you, most do without your ancestral backgrounds.

It's pathetic.

edit on 16-7-2011 by Manhater because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by 2012srb

She wasn't put in an adjoining cell.

That is a blatant lie.

Men and women are segregated by sex and juveniles are segregated from adults.

It is not a blatant lie; but you may be correct about this: here is the direct quote from the story:

But to make matters even worse, she says her time in a holding cell was spent right next door to her alleged attacker who she says threatened her life, claiming the suspect who is still on the loose will come back and kill her. An investigation into this matter is underway.

It says "right next door" could mean next building I suppose?

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

Slow down there tiger!!! Limited info on the story but shady goings on apparently; just let's keep it couth and all!

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

Too bad American Judges are imbued with the power of ancient God-Kings, otherwise she might be able to sue.

I wish I could applause you for this. How very true. Once the judges in our society become untouchable and unaccountable, we step back in time hundreds and thousands of years. And the idea of a jury of your peers becomes a thing of the past.

This judge needs to be held accountable!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
...i missed the "holding cell" part when i read that article - oooops - and it does make a difference because a court's holding cell isnt really jail...

...i doubt this gal can win a suit for being put in a holding cell NEAR one of her alleged attackers... if there were no other holding cells available further away, what did she expect?... for them to move folks around so that she was accomodated?... doesnt work that way unless you have the money to pay off someone to treat you special...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Hmmm.... black judge puts white rape victim in cell next to black defendant, for calling insulting defense attorney a bitch.

...how do you know she's a white woman?... i didnt read that in the article and couldnt tell what her ethnicity was from the video... maybe you have a crystal ball or insider info...

...i dont know who told you that defense attorneys arent supposed to hammer away at a petitioner's claims but, whoever it was, they were wrong...

...court is often very hard on a petitioner but its not the defense attorney's fault that this particular petitioner's lawyer didnt prepare her properly or that the petitioner couldnt control herself...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
"Alleged Rapist".......because a majority of these Rape claims are false.

Her actions in court prove she is a fringe character.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wyn Hawks

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon

...how do you know she's a white woman?... i didnt read that in the article and couldnt tell what her ethnicity was from the video... maybe you have a crystal ball or insider info...

...i dont know who told you that defense attorneys arent supposed to hammer away at a petitioner's claims but, whoever it was, they were wrong...

...court is often very hard on a petitioner but its not the defense attorney's fault that this particular petitioner's lawyer didnt prepare her properly or that the petitioner couldnt control herself...

No justice in the courts folks unless you are rich.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
Judge could have gave her a warning.

For this she got three days in jail, next to one of the men, Curtis King, who is accused of beating and raping her. (Another suspect remains at large.)

themorningafter.us...

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join