It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Miracle Powder Regrows Fingers, Now Thigh Muscle for Marine

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

another reason is Trichinosis

S&F for OP

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:17 AM
link   
I can think of all kinds of soft tissues id love to have back in my hands aand wrists.It says it regrows tendons too...so haw far is that from making bones grow from yer own stem cells and fleshing them out with this stuff?
I can see a lot of sports injuries being treated with this stuff in the big leagues if its al all successful too.
The public will be the last to get access to this stuff im sure...

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:49 AM
link   
reply to post by stirling

.so haw far is that from making bones grow from yer own stem cells and fleshing them out with this stuff?

- they have already made progress with bone and teeth using, or attracting the individual's own stem cells to a scaffold with proteins and growth factors. However, total replacement of bone and enamel are years ahead. But progress is happening. singularityhub.com...
-Columbia University grew a jawbone: singularityhub.com...
-A boy in England had a trachea grown on a collagen scaffold: singularityhub.com...

edit on 17-7-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:49 AM
link   
Would it be possible to have a never ending bacon in my fridge every time I use some, I just rub it with the powder and the next morning I've got a fresh bacon!

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:33 AM
link   
those pigs may have a lot of things we humans need besides bacon, and ham. We've been using, and prescribing dried pig hormones for 100 years! Yip, didn't know it was that long, but I looked up a hormone given to people for a dysfunctional thyroid, a common synthetic thyroid gland drug given is synthroid, but doctor's will tell you, and patients alike (I know someone close who prefers Armor brand pig desiccated thyroid hormones to the synthroid) that the pig hormone used for hypothyroidism works much better. Pigs are eerily close to humans in terms of physiology, so no wonder some really amazing things can come from those creatures. I don't know why anyone's mind is blown by this discovery when just the other day I was reading about temporal displacement cloaks, lol. We waste so much time and money in the sciences outside of life sciences, especially biology, which is where we need it most. Temporal displacement cloaking is really cool, don't get me wrong, I'm fascinated by cutting edge sciences, but I think maybe we should perhaps cure cancer, and other human ailments before splitting atoms for bombs, find a way to heat up the ionosphere, see if there is water on the moon, taking pictures of a desert on another planet with a robot, etc.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:41 AM
link   
"Miracle"

"Miracle cure"

" Miracle healing"

You read a lot of sensation headlines and articles claiming miracles especially in the medical field, there isnt a week that goes by where the term "scientists discover miracle (insert word)" usually its cure.
If they are scientists using scientific methodology, its not a miracle its science the polar opposite declaring miracle effectively says God provided it.

However this is certainly an interesting development in biology i hope it is given the right course for furthering as the applications of such are numerous.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

...it would be nice to see a large chunk of military spending be re-directed towards these issues, and it seems only fair that as much effort put forth in bringing destruction should be available to direct/related injuries as a result...

S&F OP for a great thread, and your take on it is spot on.

Imagine what the world could look like if the zillions of dollars spent to maim and kill, started going to healing instead. My guess is that quality of life would sky-rocket.

But we would need a cultural change before that could happen. Right now, we're a culture of death, lack of vision, scarcity, and nothing but limitations in our minds. We complain about our masters seeing us as "useless eaters", but then look down our noses at various segments of the population, agreeing that this poor group, or that, might be better off dead.

The human race needs a new paradigm, a mindset that values life, embraces abundance, and isn't blind to endless possibilities.

JR

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
reply to post by DerepentLEstranger

Yes, I know about that; it’s often given as the explanation. But it’s not really that common, and cooking the meat kills the parasite. Besides, I like my explanation better. Jared Diamond agrees with me, by the way.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wounder if this was mixed with a drink and consumed everyday would you ever grow old if this stuff is regenerating your cells..

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jude11
If this were true, we normal folk wouldn't be allowed to afford it, Big Pharm would soon own it, Monsanto would claim the process, it would be monitored by the FDA, controlled by the CDC, the Military would somehow reverse engineer and turn it into a WMD....

Or a variant of the same.

That is, if it were true.

I'm a little sour today but SnF!

If free-markets were allowed corporations would have to compete against each other and the price would lower.
edit on 17-7-2011 by 547000 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by JR MacBeth

Agree 100% JR, and I don't know what the tipping point will be, but it will probably be something destructive to change paradigms and usher in a new perspective. Nothing created without something destroyed and vice versa. I just wish the goodness of humanity would occupy more space and intention, but the avenues of potential are clogged with cash and selfishness for now.

Thanks for the reply,
spec

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
reply to post by NeoSpace

I wounder if this was mixed with a drink and consumed everyday would you ever grow old if this stuff is regenerating your cells..

Sounds kinda scary Neo, better see how the rats respond first. We wouldn't want our body to become scaffolding for all-over cell creation, from the inside. Might get some undesired mutations!

spec

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join