It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What could it be? Very odd sound

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
On July 4th of this year I heard what sounded like a plane. Keep in mind I'm not that far from airports. But this was a sound that lasted only around 3 seconds. I have never heard a typical plane sound like that. I've heard the sound of planes my entire life. This was different. Anyone in the Boston area hear it?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
im very sure it was a plane

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
reply to post by DDoubleVisioNN

Sure, but not what I've heard for 30+ years.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
reply to post by KEMIK

maybe it was just a plane you havnt heard before?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by KEMIK
On July 4th of this year I heard what sounded like a plane. Keep in mind I'm not that far from airports. But this was a sound that lasted only around 3 seconds. I have never heard a typical plane sound like that. I've heard the sound of planes my entire life. This was different. Anyone in the Boston area hear it?

we all been hearing that

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
We need more clarification on information here,

You say you think it was a plane but you presumably saw nothing and you state the sound was unlike any plane you have heard, so why do you still think it was a plane?

What did it sound like? Was it a rumble, a roar, a buzz, a booming sound, metallic, what?

Could it have been blasting for some construction project or a sonic boom well off in the distance, or perhaps some other industrial process like heavy industry? I used to live near a steel works when I was young and sometimes we would hear rumbling blasting sounds. Turns out it was hot slag from coking ovens being dumped from rail cars that hit puddles of water lying on the ground causing it to instantly boil and explode. The explanation could be as simple as that.

LEE.
edit on 17-7-2011 by thebozeian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
Without a recording it's pretty much impossible for anyone else to experience what you heard & you are only ever going to get speculation.

top topics

join