It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

A case for Alien Abduction

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
I read a thread a couple of days ago that got me thinking about Alien Abductions. I myself have read over quite alot of different cases over the past few years. Cases involving witness testimony, hoaxs, hypnosis and the rare occasions where physical evidence has been left behind. So i guess i am putting this together for all the people who have got no idea or may still be on the fence concerning the subject, and i hope to give them a little insight as to the more realistic and provable side of the abduction phenomena.

I will keep this thread simple by choosing a few abduction events that stand out to me, give a brief description and maby give my opinion on them and embed a video with each case to help you make up your own mind about said case. And if you see a case that really catches your attention, then thats what Google is there for
i will also leave a link to wikipedia below each case for extra reading.

The word 'case' will pop up alot during this thread

Okay... these will be in no order but i guess i will start at the beginning

Abductions and Missing Time

Betty and Barney Hill Abduction-September 19 1961

In 1961 the Hills were driving down Route 3 in New Hampshire when they claim to have been stalked and then abducted by a flying saucer. On board were between 8 and 11 beings that "were somehow not human". This case stands out to me firstly because it is the first account of abduction as far i know (they wouldnt make it up because there was no reason to judging by Barneys reaction it also went against their beliefs). And secondly, because if you listen to Barney Hills hypnosis he goes into many details and you can tell that whatever happened- did happen as far as he's concerned.
That tape sent a shiver down my spine at points. His emotional outbursts really paint a picture of what he must of felt at the time. I have embeded part 1 of the hypnosis below. If you wish to listen to them all, double click on the video which will take you to Youtube and part 2 ect will be on the right hand side of the screen.

Since this is an old recording, the sound quality isnt that great but you get used to it after a while. I suggest wearing headphones.

Betty and Barney Hill- Wikipedia

Kelly Cahill Abduction- August 8 1993

Kelly Cahill and her husband were travelling home late one night through the Dandenongs foothills in Australia. All of a sudden there appeared bright lights in the sky. This object got so close at one point that she could see figures standing at the windows of this large UFO (she later realised were aliens of course). After this, Kelly blacked out and this is when she claims to have been abducted. She was left with strange marks of various shapes on her body and her reproductive system began to act strangely.
When reporting the abduction to police she learned that not only had other people seen the craft, but others had also claimed to of been abducted on the same night. Without meeting each other Kelly and the other abductees drew the same craft and spoke of similar beings and experiences. The video below gives alot more insight to this case.

No wikipedia page for Kelly Cahill

Travis Walton Abduction- November 5 1975

Travis Walton is an American logger who claims to have been abducted for 5 days while working at the Sitgreaves National Forest in Arizona. This is one of the most famous and controversial Abduction cases ever recorded.
The encounter began when Travis and his co-workers were on there way home a little after 6pm. They reported seeing a large silvery disk hovering above a clearing in amongst the woods. They slowed the truck they were in to take a closer look. After coming to a complete stop, Travis got out an ran towards the UFO stopping almost directly below. His friends remained in the truck and shouted at him to return.
The disk began acting irraticaly and just as Travis started to back off, a blue-green light shot out of the disk and struck him. This sent Travis flying 10 feet back and left him lying motionless on the ground.
Sure that their friend was dead, his co-workers fled thinking that the disk was chasing them. Coming to their senses they decided to go back and look for him but there was no sign. They reported him missing to the police.
Travis' brother in law Grant Ness recieved a phone call from him 5 days later and after being convinced that it was Travis, picked him up from a phone booth a few miles away from his hometown Snowflake.
He was wearing the same clothes, had not shaved, was afraid and paranoid and repeatedly mumbled on about beings with terifying eyes.
This case stands out to me for a couple of reasons. There was more than one witness (all of whom took a polygraph test and passed), he was gone for 5 days in very cold weather, when found he was collapsed and clearly shaken, and in his interviews he goes into a very large amount of detail about what happened while he was gone. The video below is part 1 of an interview with Travis Walton. If you want the rest, follow the same directions i gave for Barney Hills hypnosis. There is so many other interviews with him so i just chose this one randomly really as i couldnt find the one that i originally watched.

Travis Walton- Wikipedia

The High Bentham Incident- January 16 2005

One of the more recent abduction accounts. On Sunday the 16th of January 2005 four members of the Deverow family finished eating at a Little Chef restaurant on the A65 road near Ingleton, North Yorkshire. The family members were Anne, her daughter Rachel and Rachel's two sons Alex and Benjamin aged nine and eleven. On their way home they noticed a very bright white light in the sky. The object hovered above the car and then accelerated away from view. The next thing they remembered was driving into the village of High Bentham.
Even though they experienced missing time and confusion about the event, Anne described the object as "beautiful" and "compelling" and wanted to find an explanation, eventually Rachel under went regression hypnosis.
As you will see in the video below this case stands out amongst others as a very positive event in the familys life rather than a negative one, even though the frustration of not knowing what happened does reduce Anne to tears. One of the young sons even says he "wanted it to land and go away with it".
Theres no way to say if this actually happened but if you watch the video, you'll probably get the same gut feeling i did that it actually happened. Thats the reason i include it here.

Physical Evidence

Jesse Long Abduction- 1957

Another controversial case. Jesse Long claims to of had his first alien encounter in Tennessee when he was just 5 years of age. He says that he and his brother John were playing on a hill behind their home when they found what they thought was a round house being constructed. It was upon investigating this structure that the Jesse Long and his brother were confronted by what they thought at the time was a very tall man with a wand looking device in his hand. With a wave of this device, he and his brother couldnt move. During his abduction Jesse was given an implant in his left shin which caused him pain for 34 years until he had it removed in 1991.
The video below goes into more detail with this implant and also the many other abductions he has experienced throughout his life. From what i can tell from this case and many more like it, there is a breeding program happening and this may be the real anwser to why so many are being 'taken'.

No wikipedia page for Jesse Long, but a simple Google search will bring up alot of reading as this is a very popular case.

Naked Alien Female

This next case wasnt an abduction but more of an encounter. Just thought i would include it as it is very interesting and has always stood out to me as kind of a smoking gun. The clip was taken from the documentary 'My Mun Talks to Aliens'. I wont say anything else about it as it speaks for itself.

I also dont have much to say about the next clip as i am not sure of its authentisity, but its interesting non the less. The clip starts with Jaime Maussan talking and as i have learned in a previous thread of mine, he is one of ATS' most hated
(the whole bald monkey thing) but give it a chance people. He is only at the start and has absolutely nothing else to do with this case. This is an Italian woman who claims to have been abducted and inpregnated by aliens. I believe she had a mis-carige and the fetus doesnt look that human. More of a hybrid. She was also left with many odd markings and shapes on her body aswell as capturing UFOs on video.

Implants

Just thought i would chuck in this documentary starring Dr. Roger Leir about the surgical removal of alien implants. They also test the removed objects and find that most of them have no scientific explanation. Quite interesting...

There are many more cases that deserve attention but unfortuantely, right now i dont have the time to type them up. So i may do that later on. But for now that will have to do.
This thread is not for the die-hard abduction believers or skeptics. It is merely to help people who are just starting to get interested in Aliens/UFOs ect to get a good foot-hold on some of the more popular cases so they can do a bit of research if they feel like it

Hope this helps if you are one of those people

Peace

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

The abduction stories are pretty wild aren't they? Some good cases and a whole pile of BS ones being pushed by abduction researchers.

Separating the compelling cases from those supported by the scammers is hard work.

The Hills, Pascagoula, Dechmont Woods (Bob Taylor), Kelly Cahill and maybe Villas-Boas *cases* (sorry) are pretty intriguing and hard to nail down. Aliens, or not, they represent something that's hard to deal with on many levels.

I've no interest in Roger Leir, Jacobs or other bandits, but the idea of 'abductions' is interesting.

I guess there's a lot of cognitive dissonance going on and I feel it too. Some popular researchers support the idea of Roswell and dead aliens and yet dismiss the accounts of interactions with humanoids or reports of abductions. What's that all about?

If the idea of 'folk from elsewhere' or the 'mob from Magonia' is on the table, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that some of the claims are factual. From my point of view, psychological explanations are reasonable and probable, but the cases above leave any hope of definitive conclusions in the air.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
reply to post by iksose7

The Italian one is new to me... And while these cases are usually weird, hers seems really weird.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by iksose7

...If the idea of 'folk from elsewhere' or the 'mob from Magonia' is on the table, we shouldn't rule out the possibility that some of the claims are factual. From my point of view, psychological explanations are reasonable and probable, but the cases above leave any hope of definitive conclusions in the air.

Who could argue with that and everything else you impressively stated? If abductions are psycho-sociological in nature it seems to have a point that our collective subconscious is trying to make.

It's reasonable: The message is, as we know, often about not poisoning our planet and stop killing each other. We all know that's what we're doing to ourselves and Earth on some level or another and feel fairly helpless about it. So maybe that explains it in total as a psychological aberration.

But then again seeing as how the message not only stays the same--generally--to that we have to add the commonalities of the "fear inducing" aspects of the encounters i.e. probing, implants, genetic tomfoolery etc.

And that's where I find a harder time explaining it to myself using the psycho-sociological theory. That's not to say there's not a reasoning that might fit. But one escapes me.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
I wonder just how many homeless people disappear every year .?
Abductions missing time ect.
And these are the ones that came back..what about all the people that go missing each year and are never seen again !

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Kandinsky

Yeah your right there. There are alot of BS abductions probably being pushed.

I do think there is alot more depth to the Abduction Phenomena than most people know about though. Imagine all of the cases that go on undetected because people are to afraid to come forward for fear of ridicule.

And whys that? Because there is very little support for people who have been subjected to these visitations. Over the years the government has helped to portray the phenomena and anyone who experiences it as lunatics which really sickens me.

I for one believe that the government is responsible for a percentage of the abductions. Not all of them but i'd say quite a few. Like you said, Villas Boas comes to mind.
Mark Pilkington does a good job of backing this up in his book Mirage Men.

I do believe others such as Jim Sparks and Whitley Strieber (some people dowt him) have had on going visitations from ETs though and if you read their books, you would probably understand why.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
in the italian woman's case, they (the ETs) actually LET her take pics of them???

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
I have a hard time with alien abductions:
Even though the cases are interesting most have an unstableness to their personalities.
I'm not saying they have not experienced something but little things just never seem to add up.
I'll keep it short.

Betty and Barney Hill Abduction
This case always had me thinking, Betty is white, Barney is black and they were married and lived in
the South at a time that would have been very hard for them as a couple.
It's just funny how no one ever brings this up and I know living in the south it would have been
difficult for Betty and Barney and being abducted by aliens wouldn't be their worst fear.

This was the most intriguing one out of the bunch because of two groups see and experiencing similar events.
I read that Kelly's husband was there with her but he doesn't have a story? I would think it would be like Betty and Barney they would be sticking together, but it's not.
I also read that her 3 kids where their too. I don't care what aliens do to me,
my fear would just be about my kids. It's just odd if you ask me that her fear was
for herself first. Sorry doesn't add up

I have trouble with this one because the friend each have a different story.
It's just iffy story

have no info on this one and the video has been removed

The guy is a little odd, and his hypnotic weeping is very strange.
Sure it maybe terrifying but come on man you are alive with only a piece of glass stuck in your leg.
Stop the crying!
If it were me, my question would have been, The first time I was in shock, but now I want to be able to talk
with my children I want to see them.

Naked Alien Female,
The guy passed a poly but he looks weird, I mean alien females wanting to breed with him
I don't know, I guess aliens aren't really picky??

Italian woman, where is this fetus? Don't you think it would be analyzed? Where is the DNA results?
This doesn't sound right at all.

Dr. Roger Leir
absolutely do not trust this guy, he's gone off the deep end.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by mysteryskeptic
I have a hard time with alien abductions:
Even though the cases are interesting most have an unstableness to their personalities.
I'm not saying they have not experienced something but little things just never seem to add up.
I'll keep it short.

Betty and Barney Hill Abduction
This case always had me thinking, Betty is white, Barney is black and they were married and lived in
the South at a time that would have been very hard for them as a couple.
It's just funny how no one ever brings this up and I know living in the south it would have been
difficult for Betty and Barney and being abducted by aliens wouldn't be their worst fear.

This was the most intriguing one out of the bunch because of two groups see and experiencing similar events.
I read that Kelly's husband was there with her but he doesn't have a story? I would think it would be like Betty and Barney they would be sticking together, but it's not.
I also read that her 3 kids where their too. I don't care what aliens do to me,
my fear would just be about my kids. It's just odd if you ask me that her fear was
for herself first. Sorry doesn't add up

I have trouble with this one because the friend each have a different story.
It's just iffy story

have no info on this one and the video has been removed

The guy is a little odd, and his hypnotic weeping is very strange.
Sure it maybe terrifying but come on man you are alive with only a piece of glass stuck in your leg.
Stop the crying!
If it were me, my question would have been, The first time I was in shock, but now I want to be able to talk
with my children I want to see them.

Naked Alien Female,
The guy passed a poly but he looks weird, I mean alien females wanting to breed with him
I don't know, I guess aliens aren't really picky??

Italian woman, where is this fetus? Don't you think it would be analyzed? Where is the DNA results?
This doesn't sound right at all.

Dr. Roger Leir
absolutely do not trust this guy, he's gone off the deep end.

Betty and Barney Hill- You cant say they didnt experience something just because of where they come from and from what colour their skin is. Listen to his hypnosis then say he never experienced what they claim.

Kelly Cahill- Maybe her husband couldnt accept what had happened and doesnt want the publicity. I have never heard she had her children with her.

Travis Walton- What source are you using to say they all had different storys? Keep in mind they all passed lie-detectors. Even though they are only 90-95% accurate.

The High Bentham Incident- You would have to be pretty sick to get your own kids in on the lie, and they seem like quite a close honest family. Dont know why the video has been removed...

Jesse Long- You have no idea what it would feel like to experience an abduction. I used to think it wouldnt be that bad but if you really think about it, it would be absolutely f**king terrifying. And as for the shard of glass. When analyzed it revealed a very remarkable composition and exhibited unique surface characteristics that cannot be explained.

Naked Alien Female- I cant believe you said that. Havent you ever heard the saying 'never judge a book by its cover'? Being an advanced species, i think they would be more after the quality of his DNA/Genes rather than the quality of his looks.

Italian Woman- I'll give you that one because like i said, i dont know how authentic this one is.

Dr. Roger Leir- Care to elaborate on why you have no trust in him. How has he gone off the deep end?

I'm not arguing with you, just giving my opinions on what you have said

posted on Aug, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   
wow great post especially the first on i think i might have to finish those tapes tomorrow when its daytime and im not home alone thats how freaky it is and if you listen to the second tapes the part where he talk about seeing a "friendly irishman which causes him to relax and be friendly and then he sees a german nazi which makes him scared" i think mind control maybe. and the emotion is real

posted on Aug, 2 2011 @ 01:13 PM
link   
reply to post by mblasini569

Haha yeah, the Barney Hill tapes definately have a really powerfull feeling behind them. You can tell that this happend to him weather or not it was ETs or the government.

I kinda lean towards the government being responsible because if you do a bit of digging you'll find that they have very strong ties with the Nazis ever since the end of WW2, through the whole space program (i think the Masons and the Nazis think only they have the right to space) and probably up till nowadays.

Its a hard thing to talk to people about though because lets face it, if you havent spent hours upon hours researching this kind of thing then its pretty hard to get your head around or even believe. Which is a shame really.

Peace

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 10:32 AM
link   
...Continued

I have a bit of spare time today so thought i would add a few more cases that interest me to this thread. Up until last week i had completely forgotten i had even started it

Thomas E. Reed - Family Abduction - 1966

Thought i would start off with one i have only recently discovered. My apologies if this has been debunked and proven to be a hoax but from what i can tell so far, its the complete opposite.

Infact the Reed Family Abductions are in my mind very credible seeing as they were experienced by multiple family members spanning over 50 years who were fully aware of what was happening at the time (most abductees have the experience wiped from their memory), physical evidence and effects have been left and also Thomas Reed took a polygraph test in 2010 and passed with 99.9%. The case in whole actually dates back to around 1954 when Toms mother had her first experience, which is 7 years before Betty and Barney Hill were abducted.

Thomas and Matthew Reed’s first abduction started with orbs in the spring of 1966, with the orbs appearing in their shared bedroom. The orbs seemed solid like glass, but without density, the balls were not luminous but resembled a shiny hole in the air that you could not see through with a bluish outer ring.

Tom was 6 at the time and Matthew was 4. Within days of being visited by these orbs, Thomas and his brother were abducted. They were taken outside by what we would call the Grays and led to a craft surrounded by 5 or 6 more beings in the corner of the field. Onboard he was befriended by a tall Gray and shown images of what looked like a galaxy and a then a willow tree which at the time made no sense to him.

This case is massive and if this thread was dedicated to it i could go on but this is obviously just the 'jist' of what they experienced that first night. I will leave a link below for a more in-depth read.

Thomas Reed Abduction - UFOcasebook

Whitley Striber - December 26th 1985

A controversial case. Whitley Strieber is one of the most well known UFO researchers in the area of alien abduction. Some of you may of read his book Communion which details the events surrounding his case. I have and its actually a personal favourite of mine.

In the 1985 Christmas holidays, Strieber was staying in a cabin with his family in upstate New york. He had recently installed a security system in the cabin to ward of any potential intruders.

At approximately 11:00 PM on the 26th of December, he activated the system, and the family retired for the night. After a couple of hours, he was awakened by an unusual sound. He felt that the security of his cabin had been breached. He was soon shocked to see a creature in his bedroom.

The next thing he knew he was sitting in the woods which surrounded his cabin. He later underwent hypnotic regression to reestablish what exactly happened that night. This would uncover many details including being 'floated' out of his bedroom and into a UFO waiting outside where he would see 4 different types of ET.

He was subjected to medical testing by these aliens. One of these was the insertion of a needle into his brain, and another involved an object being inserted into his rectum. The beings took a blood sample from him by making an incision in his finger.

With Streiber already being a published author at the time of these events, some say that these are just tales of fiction. Others say hallucinations or some kind of medical complaint. Either way, if you fancy an interesting read, pick up his book. You can probably get it for around 5 bucks nowadays. You may interpret it how you wish.

Sorry, couldnt find any interviews with Whitley that stood out to me so the one above will have to do.

Whitley Streiber - Wikipedia

Jim Sparks

Jim Sparks, author of The Keepers (my favourite abduction experience book) is one of the most conscious UFO abductees of all times. But also another one clouded in controversy.

Sparks claims to have been abducted many times over 18 years, coming into contact with small drone worker Grays, taller Grays which he calls supervisors and big reptilians with scaley human like bodies. Over this time he has been subjected to schooling, scientific and medical experiments, breeding programs and eventually (after years of trust building) even allowed to ask the ETs themselves questions about their agenda. All this time he has been allowed almost all memory of his experiences to be kept intact.

I know, no wonder people think this guy is talking s**t. It all sounds too good to be true. Maybe it is. But we cant label him a hoaxer just because his experiences sound far out. I would love for him to do a polygraph test.

top topics

join