It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Feminine Hygiene, Survival and the Yucca Root.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   
Ok, first of all you're going to ask "Why the hell is a man posting this?" and you would be absolutely justified in doing so.

Didn't know where to post this as it was a toss up between Survival or Health, so take it for what it is I guess.

I had just finished posting another survival bread recipe and method here: www.abovetopsecret.com... and this video popped up. So being the curious creature that I am I clicked on it.

I watched it and started wondering how many women could find themselves needing this info, or at least parts of it in the times ahead. I have never seen this before but I do know the vid author as being very knowledgeable in many areas of survival.

I downloaded it for my wife and she may think of me as being a little weird for doing so but my motivation is simply to pass on info and tools to people that are seeking it. Since hygiene will be of utmost importance in any survival situation, it's quite clear that men are at an advantage and women would benefit from any and all information on the subject since we are quite different in our needs.

These are tips and tricks that are learned from Native Americans and are being passed along here. Let's face it, in the times ahead we aren't going to have the luxury of stepping out to the local pharmacy for medicines, medical supplies or women feminine products. And who will have the most knowledge on survival methods and techniques? The people that have access to their ancestor's knowledge on living off the land of North America.

I just thought that if there was any info here that our ATS lovelies could use it should be something to post.

So here ya go! Take it for what it is and don't ask me to weigh in on my opinion because I will have no idea where to begin.

She has a website as well:
www.yhwhswordoffaith.com...

Part 1

Part 2

Here's a little dude with some good info for all:

edit on 16-7-2011 by jude11 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Well, lucky for me I still continue the crafts handed down to me from my grandmothers and great grandmothers of the 18th and 19th century so I'd survive very well

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I don't have audio right now....so please write what is said....thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by bluemirage5
reply to post by jude11

Well, lucky for me I still continue the crafts handed down to me from my grandmothers and great grandmothers of the 18th and 19th century so I'd survive very well

Yes, the old knowledge is an invaluable data base of survival. Unfortunately, there are so many these days that wouldn't even know how to start a fire. I've seen it!

Thanks

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Kudos to you for posting this. S&F for you.

It is a really important subject that alot of women dont think about when they prepare for.... whatever is coming.
You can stock up on personal hygyne products all you like but they will eventually run out just like everything else. A person needs to be able to get everything they NEED (not want) from the land or make it themselves
Excellent vids.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:37 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

You're right about that......

I mean, how many young men these days know how to change a car tyre, window, door lock or even hammer a nail in to the wall, use a lawn mower and keep one maintained? These simple crafts of men are also quickly disappearing.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

I'll try and find printed text as these vids are 20 minutes in total. Meanwhile, check her site for more great info as well.

www.yhwhswordoffaith.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by caladonea

Well, I've tried to find a text version to no avail. I guess you'll have to wait till you get home to your speakers?

I'm assuming you were out and weren't on your home PC.

top topics

join