It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Church of England bishop who used to be gay on tv add condeming gays bishops!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Cant believe this there was just a short 2 min advert on channel 4 the bishop now with a wife and kids who believes you can 'prey away the gay' as he put it more or less said that being gay was caused by many factors, in his case not getting enough love from his father or something ridiculous.

IMO he is bisexual and just in denial as he has been brainwashed into believing that it is wrong and now lives a lie pretending to be cured as the COE posterman for conversion of gay people, like 'look at me you can be cured and normal!'

There is nothing wrong with being gay imo and im so suprised that in the UK this can be put in prime time tv like this. Maybe most people dont feel as liberal as me but this add was trying to convince people that having gay bishops would be a huge mistake if the church allowed it. It made me feel very uncomfortable as I thought that they were getting a lot more tolerant. Im not gay but I support their right to be equals in society and I thought most christians also did here, maybe not COE ones though?
edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

edit on 02/02/1987 by clintdelicious because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
Well, in his view, sexual orientation has plasticity, so why is it wrong for him to say homosexual actions are sins? Goes with what Christian scriptures say.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

Double standards, let me get right correct, the minister is Bisexual, but he claims it is wrong for Homosexuality and it is a sin.

Does Hypocrite come to mind?

MO he is bisexual and just in denial as he has been brainwashed into believing that it is wrong and now lives a lie pretending to be cured as the COE posterman for conversion of gay people, like 'look at me you can be cured and normal!'

This Part ammuses me, what happenned did his other partner dump him?

Also OP do you have a Link?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:33 AM
link   
What double standard? In his view homosexuality is changable, and that's what he's preaching.

You've never changed your opinion on something after learning something new?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   
reply to post by 547000

It is the fact that he is bisexual, oh it is okay for him to swing both ways but not okay for homosexuals or lesbians to have relationships. That is where the double standards come into this, if you cannot see that then you are worse than he is.

I will take the so called reformed bisexuals comments and views with a pinch of salt.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by Laurauk
reply to post by 547000

It is the fact that he is bisexual, oh it is okay for him to swing both ways but not okay for homosexuals or lesbians to have relationships. That is where the double standards come into this, if you cannot see that then you are worse than he is.

I will take the so called reformed bisexuals comments and views with a pinch of salt.

Well, I didn't know he was bisexual. Has he had homosexual sex after reforming his views? Maybe he's bisexual but he doesn't act on it?

new topics

top topics

join