It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

NIBIRU Paranoia

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
I had to post this article here, since people REALLY need to stop instilling weird and bizarre paranoia into their children. If you don't have any kids at home, you should feel sorry for the children of other people you are scaring with all this Nibiru nonsense.

I'm not claiming I know everything, but this could very well be a great example of how the fear of something is worse than the thing itself.

Excerpt: "At least a once a week I get a message from a young person — as young as 11 — who says they are ill and/or contemplating suicide because of the coming doomsday," Morrison told Life's Little Mysteries, a sister site to SPACE.com.

Link: www.space.com...

Again people, stop the fear mongering. Its hurting your kids.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
absolutely correct, my 8 year old son came homw from school the other week saying he was worried because the world is going to end in 2012.

i think people should think before posting such nonsense that they don't even believe themselves - ridiculous.

cheers, stu

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Well why you are at it you may as well tell all parents to stop there kids from watching TV or using internet too

There are children starving them self to stay thin
There are children who want to end there life because they dont see them self like
the air brushed people in the magazines

I agree that parents should not be putting fear into there children and only if TSHTF would you need to
warn/inform them

But if you look at the religious parents they use the fear of the devil
to try and keep them on the straight and narrow all the time
have you not heard of the end of days that is total fear based

I think there are far worst things out there that children are in contact with every day that are worst than
some doom and gloom theory

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Those people would be better being tracked down and educated / re-informed, rather than punished. You're right though there is a lot of scaremongering.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

You're absolutely spot on. Ive done numerous threads trying to denounce this crap in the past

www.abovetopsecret.com...

But unfortunantly ignorance will persist. If you look at the people that continue to fuel the Nibiru hoax, they are usually religious nuts, uneducated people with no idea about astronomy or people using it to sell products or books. It will never stop, not even after 2012, so hopefully no young children or anyone for that matter, harm themselves over something like this with no scientific backing.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bossdog82
Well why you are at it you may as well tell all parents to stop there kids from watching TV or using internet too

There are children starving them self to stay thin
There are children who want to end there life because they dont see them self like
the air brushed people in the magazines

I agree that parents should not be putting fear into there children and only if TSHTF would you need to
warn/inform them

But if you look at the religious parents they use the fear of the devil
to try and keep them on the straight and narrow all the time
have you not heard of the end of days that is total fear based

I think there are far worst things out there that children are in contact with every day that are worst than
some doom and gloom theory

Im not claiming these things dont exist. But we already have scientists telling us these things are bad almost all the time. But I have yet to see a single source come out and say someones kids are contemplating suicide over Nibiru.

So when an article like this comes out and doesnt get any attention, it makes me mad.

These are your kids. Believing in God may have you try and warn them about their afterlife, but thats the afterlife, not NOW. This thing is worse than instilling fear of hell in your kids. It makes them think this is happening soon when there is absolutely no proof it is.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ramcheck
Those people would be better being tracked down and educated / re-informed, rather than punished. You're right though there is a lot of scaremongering.

That would just make it worse. A violent action to force people to think in a way you feel right ?

I am not defending them, but your thought is wrong too.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

So its ok to have them stressing there whole life that they could burn in the pits of hell for eternity
because you dont give them a time or date but if they wanted to warn them about something that could happen in the near future that is wrong????

Hollywood make many movies about the end of the world should we stop them too
I think the kids will work the stuff out for them self

I do agree that having your children wear tin foil hats is borderline abuse hahahah

But like i said there are far worst things out there that will affect them

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by discostu123
absolutely correct, my 8 year old son came homw from school the other week saying he was worried because the world is going to end in 2012.

i think people should think before posting such nonsense that they don't even believe themselves - ridiculous.

cheers, stu

Absolutely, you should have corrected the child, "No honey, everyone knows the date has been changed to October 28, 2011".

Seriously, did you even ask where the child got the information? Rather than chastising us with this rhetoric, why not consider realizing that there are bad parents out there that allow their children to "surf away" on the internet freely without supervision. We live in a world where the devices are the Nannys to keep the kiddies occupied and out of Mommy and Daddy's hair.

In the meantime, I will take the appropriate avenue of keeping that door opened as far as Nibiru. I am not without my doubts but I am very certain the World will come a screeching halt very soon! Sad but true and no amount of bellying about what a child heard is going to make it less sound than it is.

By now, if you are smart, you will be home schooling and getting your family off of TV once and for all, there are more references to 2012 on TV than ever before! Even movies are suspect at this point!

If you feel that the "end" is not near, I think you missed a few threads!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   
I'm sorry but something huge is going down in 2012. Not only the world is in a bad state now, but the facts that Z01Z olympics are at the same time as the muslim month of ramadan. coincidence? i dont think so...

july of 2010, who would of thought that the world would change so much in 12 months. now 12 months from now, july 2012, the world will be a whole different place...

prepare!"'' '

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by OzWeatherman

I don't pretend that I know anything about this as I just found it quoted in a thread yesterday, but, was this ever proven as wrong? Or is it still a theory? If it was proven as wrong, then, forget this post, if it is still a theory than no one on here can say that Nibiru/Nemesis/whatever isn't real. I don't know if it is or not, but, I don't sit there and pretend to know what is going on in space 100%.

Sun's Dark Companion discovered in 1982?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   
This thread is a great example of how people react, they love giving attention to nonsense theories posed by crazy lunatic people who make silly connections with whatever they can find, but give ABSOLUTELY NO ATTENTION to the REAL issues that your children and families face everyday.

Im not saying its ok to scare the crap out of kids with god, religion whatever. I'm saying it can be excusable somewhat given that these things are a form of faith for some people and form the core of their being. And people often scare their kids with things in order to push them into the right direction like treating themselves and others well, or preventing them from harming themselves since they don't know any better. Like a mother scaring her kid from touching a hot stove...

but no one can tell me scaring anyone into believing Nibiru is done for the sake of the general good. No one is going to benefit from this fear. If its true were all dead anyway. Whats the point? We cant hide, we can't survive. Do you even know what will happen if another planet hit Earth? We're all toast. Whats the point in all this?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

What are you talking about???

Do you have 100% proof nibiru does not exist???

It is one of many theory about 2012

So controlled fear mongering (Religion) to get your kids to think and be just how you want them to be is
all fine and dandy....

Look i can see you are against the whole nibiru thing which is fine I am not a believer ether
But to throw in the "WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE THE CHILDREN" bit to try and win the hearts of
people just plain sucks I am sorry

And the mother with a hot plate theory all you do is tell them its hot. Its not like you put there hand on it
and burn them to show how hot it is
But how many kids would put there own hands over the hot plate straight after you tell them to check if it
really is hot just like what do you do if you see a sign saying WET PAINT you touch it dont you

edit on 16-7-2011 by Bossdog82 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bossdog82
reply to post by nusnus

So controlled fear mongering (Religion) to get your kids to think and be just how you want them to be is
all fine and dandy....

Look i can see you are against the whole nibiru thing which is fine I am not a believer ether
But to throw in the "WONT SOMEBODY PLEASE SAVE THE CHILDREN" bit to try and win the hearts of
people just plain sucks I am sorry

And the mother with a hot plate theory all you do is tell them its hot. Its not like you put there hand on it
and burn them to show how hot it is
But how many kids would put there own hands over the hot plate straight after you tell them to check if it
really is hot just like what do you do if you see a sign saying WET PAINT you touch it dont you

edit on 16-7-2011 by Bossdog82 because: (no reason given)

No ones talking about putting anyones hand on anything. I was trying to address the whole concept of 'scaring' someone by either warning them or yelling at them or telling them its going to hurt them etc. But I can see you missed that point completely.

Oh and am not trying to win anyones heart, Im just trying to make them see what their constant obsession with this Nibiru thing is doing to the most valuable asset any human can have: their children. I could have imagine the extent of the damage but until someone independent confirms it for me, I have no right to go about yelling about it right?

See, conspiracy theories are like drugs, people love them, but they have no idea what it does to their system.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by nusnus

That is what the media is hoping for. I say it all the time....The easiest way to control a population, is to keep them lviing in fear.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Is Elenin a smokescreen for Nibiru or is Nibiru a smokescreen for Elenin?

If you have bee following the threads there are way more disinfo stooges on the Elenin threads. The Nibiru threads seem tame by comparison. This goes back to the start of Feb. of this year. On this site, GLP, and US message board.

So it looks like a conspiracy covered up by another conspiracy or reverse conspiracy.

My take---Elenin is real, but not as promoted. Small very dense. In a pure sense not a complete magnetar, but composed of some of the same materials. It can cause earthquakes and gravitational effects.

It is currently in the same field of view as Saturn, which is now undergoing a massive storm. It will pass by Stereo B on Aug. 2nd. Will Stereo B show us some pics?

Has Elenin been here before. I would say so. Leonid Elenin says the orbit is over 10,000 years. I believe he is mistaken. I wrote a question to Leonid, he has not responded.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by RizeorDie

This is the sort of unsubstantiated rumor mongering that is typical of the 2012 tall tales. You managed to say nothing at all except claim something big was going to happen. This is the sort of behavior that is so abhorrent. It instills fear in those unable to realize that your post is nothing but a vacuous tall tale.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

I don't pretend that I know anything about this as I just found it quoted in a thread yesterday, but, was this ever proven as wrong? Or is it still a theory? If it was proven as wrong, then, forget this post, if it is still a theory than no one on here can say that Nibiru/Nemesis/whatever isn't real. I don't know if it is or not, but, I don't sit there and pretend to know what is going on in space 100%.

None of the 2012 claims have any truth behind them. They are just made up stories. All of them have been debunked countless times.

Here you link to a story about a discovery of a dark companion to the sun in 1982. Not true.

The link is dead, but I believe the reference is to a tired old lie about the IRAS data. The objects in question were all outside of the solar system and far far away. All but one was a new type of galaxy.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by RizeorDie

This is the sort of unsubstantiated rumor mongering that is typical of the 2012 tall tales. You managed to say nothing at all except claim something big was going to happen. This is the sort of behavior that is so abhorrent. It instills fear in those unable to realize that your post is nothing but a vacuous tall tale.

Obviously if it could be substantiated it wouldn't be in this forum. We would all be running around like crazy people. Debunkers don't manage any better. Quoting NASA isn't going to make 2012 people quit. Until someone comes up with a video that they made on their own and released showing that Nibiru/ELEnin is not coming, people will believe what they want...just like you believe what they spoon feed you.

ps- thank you for letting me know that the 1982 story isn't real...like I said, I didn't know anything about it. I can be just as condescending as the next guy.

edit on 16-7-2011 by superman2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Bossdog82

1. Sitchin says his fictional planet will not be here for decades.
2. The proposed orbit for Nibiru is unstable and the planet could not continue to orbit as claimed.
3. Gravity studies show that no new planet sized object can be with 2x the distance to Pluto.
4. Whole sky surveys push that back to 8x the distance to Pluto.

2012 has many so-called theories because all of them have been shown to be as ridiculous as the claims of Nibiru. One ridiculous story is replaced by another and another and soon people forget that all of these wild eyed claims were debunked years ago.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join