It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

True meaning of 666

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:10 AM
link   
Rudolf Steiner describes it that way:
´´
If one had written correctly with Hebrew letters (right to left) and then read correctly (also from right to left), the following would have resulted: 60, Samech, 6 Waw; 600 was written by esotericists as 200 + 400: 200 Resch + 400 Taw. Hence, we get 666, which in Hebrew letters spells “Sorat.” Sorat is also the corresponding word in Greek. Sorat has meant “Demon of the Sun” since ancient times. Every star has its good spirit — its intelligence — and its evil spirit — its demon. The adversary of the good powers of the sun is called Sorat. Christ was always the representative of the sun, namely, the intelligence of the Sun. Sorat is, then, the adversary of Christ Jesus. The sign for Sorat looks like this:

The sign of the intelligence of the Sun is the following:

´´
This is, at the same time, the occult sign of the lamb. The lamb receives the book with the seven seals. “And between the throne and the four living creatures and among the elders, I saw a lamb standing, as though it had been slain, with seven horns and with seven eyes, which are the seven spirits of God sent out into all the earth.” (King James Version)
The seven corners of the sign are called “horns.” But what do the “eyes” mean?
In occult schools the signs of the seven planets are written next to the seven eyes. The seven eyes signify nothing other than the seven planets, while the names of the planets designate the spirits incarnated in them as their intelligence. “Saturn” is the name of the soul of Saturn. The names of the planets come from the spirits of the seven planets found around the earth. These have an influence on human life.

The lamb, Christ, contains all seven. Christ is the alpha and the omega; the seven planets are related to him like members to an entire body.
The entwining of the lines of the sign portray in a wonderful way the interaction between the seven planets. From Saturn one rises to the Sun, from there down to the Moon, then on to Mars, Mercury, and so forth.

The same thing is expressed in the names of the seven days of the week: Saturday, Saturn; Sunday, the Sun; Monday, the Moon; Tuesday, Mardi, Mars; Wednesday, Mercredi, Mercury; Thursday, Jeudi, Jupiter; Friday, Vendredi, Venus. Christ is the regent of all these world spheres; their actions constitute only part of his being; he unites them all. In Rosicrucian schools a lamb is often drawn as a sign for the intelligence of the Sun..´

edit on 16-7-2011 by anti72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I know what 666 means.

It means absolutely nothing at all. Its just a number.

Now it represents alot, but it doesnt mean anything.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:14 AM
link   
reply to post by anti72

you do know the number 666 is a disputed number right? that several direct translations say the number is really 616. and the number 666 is a translational error.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by anti72

you do know the number 666 is a disputed number right? that several direct translations say the number is really 616. and the number 666 is a translational error.

if you take 666, this is a good match.

616?
?

greets

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by anti72

Originally posted by CaDreamer
reply to post by anti72

if you take 666, this is a good match.

616?
?

greets

Using a technique called multi-spectral imaging,
The latest volume includes details of fragments showing third- and fourth-century versions of the Book of Revelations. Intriguingly, the number assigned to "the Beast" of Revelations isn't the usual 666, but 616. news.nationalgeographic.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Elsek
I know what 666 means.

It means absolutely nothing at all. Its just a number.

Now it represents alot, but it doesnt mean anything.

I dont know if you turn it upside down you get 999 which is 666 x 1,5 -- I'm absolutely certain that must mean something

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:49 AM
link   
reply to post by CaDreamer

hm, I personally dont give much for NG after seeing how they work with 911, sorry.
I think this also could be no accident, this would mean they question the original redings, what would be blashemic..perhaps Rockefeller financed?
dont know..but we have to be careful these times with NWO-friendly media..

but one thing is sure for me, the actual lecture of Steiner gives a good match and makes complete sense..
wn.rsarchive.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

Oh crap the area code where I live is 616. What does this mean am I screwed?

-2nd line
edit on 16-7-2011 by Evil3unnie because: stupid 1 liners

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
The number 666 is acctualy the number of a man.

This is how it is being described to me.

"Star of david" is combination of two triangles. Triangle pointing up represents man (or falus), triangle pointing down represents woman (or vagina). Star represents unification of two beings making them whole (two aspects - man and woman - joined together creating perfection or perfect being). Triangles intersects in 6 points. When these aspects are joined (or havin sex) they are joined in soul, spirit and physical body of each aspect. Hence "3 x 6" or number "666". Number of human being.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   

I didn't know that, can you provide a source ?

Thanks.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:51 AM
link   
600 3 score and 6, can anyone get that right? does that not come out to be 666? For it is the sign of the beast, do not think so, than it is to late for you, for you have received the mark already.
May the beast rule you for a 1000 years.
For you that know the mark and that it's time is near, fear not for this must come to pass, for they that do not see, are dead to you now , let the dead bury the dead.
For you have life and wisdom spread it not before swine.
Remember the tale of the pearl, cast it not, for the time is at hand.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by valhala

thats a nice picture, yes..as mankind only can survive together ..

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod
600 3 score and 6, can anyone get that right? does that not come out to be 666? For it is the sign of the beast, do not think so, than it is to late for you, for you have received the mark already.
For you that know the mark and that it's time is near, fear not for this must come to pass, for they that do not see, are dead to you now , let the dead bury the dead.

Blah, blah blah. The ONLY true scriptures and god is that of the Tooth Fairy.

Anyone who doesnt accept the Tooth Fairy as their Lord and Savoir is doomed to hell and will have the six hundred, three-score and six mark branded on their right butt-cheek in the last days as prophesied by the Tooth Fairy in the Holy Tooth Fairy scriptures.

Believe in the One and Only god the Tooth Fairy, and you will not have to worry about all of this. Of the hundreds of gods out there, accept NONE other than the Tooth Fairy and you will be saved!!

The Holy scriptures sent from the Tooth Fairy CLEARLY tell us so. Have faith in the Tooth Fairy or receive the wrath of getting branded on thy right butt-cheek with the 666 mark.

Can I get an AMEN??!!! Praise the Tooth Fairy

Poor nutty delusional adults with their fairy tales.
edit on 16-7-2011 by pplrnuts because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I was always taught that 666 was actually a reference to the emperor Nero of Rome.

Not sure where I learned that though... Am I the only one who learned that?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

well we need a man and woman to create a child (the last time I checked that was the case
) so I think you've got it right ... and I'm pretty sure childs are needed for our survival as species

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by anti72

Hi Anti 72--

Although it is quite true that 2 of the 3 major ancient Greek Codices ( e.g. Codex Sinaiticus c. 380 CE and Codex Alexandrinus (c. 370 CE) of the ‘Book of Revelation’ at Rev. 13:18 both have ‘666’ as the Number of the Beast [ ‘being the Number of a Man…let he who has Understanding calculate the Number of his Name...'] …interestingly, perhaps, some older Papyri (e.g. P. Oxy LVI 4499 from c. 275 CE) along with the Major Codex Ephraemi Palimsest (c. 340 CE) have ‘616’ instead of ‘666’

See: www.csad.ox.ac.uk...

So we have to be very careful to note that 666 and 616 are BOTH found in the ancient (albeit mangled) Greek textual traditions – although persons who style themselves ‘christians’ are rarely told that their bibles contain contradictory information in the Greek NT textual families… (you can read all about these anomalies in Bart Ehrman’s books written for the layperson…)

Since from other clues within the text of the ‘book of Revelatiion’ we can see that the original form of the book was probably written c. 68-69 CE during the so-called ‘Year of the 4 Caesars’ during the hiatus in the middle of the 1st Failed Jewish War against Rome (66-72 CE) – so we should be looking for a Roman Emperor who was around at that time (e.g. Nero, Otho, Galba, Vitellius, Vespasian etal.)

The 666 number of the ‘name’ seems best to fit the Emperor Nero (who was said to have disappeared c. April of 68 CE) with the spelling of the name as NeRON QSR expressed in numerical gemmatria (see below) i.e. Nero Caesar in common Heb. Spelling

And the 616 variant seems to refer to the spelling of Nero as NRO QSR (i.e. the same Nero Caesar in an alternate Hebrew spelling).

This of course presumes that the author(s) of this passage in Rev chapter 13 were using HEBREW Gemmatria not Greek Gemmatria.

Some modern attempts to show that the gemmatria referred to in Rev 13 was in fact the Roman Emperor Gaius (i.e. Caligula, ‘little boots’) via the use of purely Greek Gemmatria are interesting to say the least – but this only adds up to 616 and does not figure the 666 variant in the Greek MSS the way the same name NERO CAESAR does in both of its spelling variations.

A Little Background for the Newcomer here.

The actual term, ‘Gematria’ comes from two (2) Greek words - Gamma + Tria - i.e. the 3rd Greek Letter GAMMA equals the Number THREE) and refers to the occult letter-numerical reckoning of names (known since the time of Sargon I in Assyria c. 2240 BCE who had his statues engraved ‘and encoded with the number of his Name’) and was thought to have ‘divine-mystical’ import (like the Pythagoreans who believed in Creation of the Universe, like musical intervals to have been based on mystical numbers and ‘sacred numerical proportions’ etc.)

Post-Exilic Jews who were influenced by Assyro Babylonian gemmatria (especially during the Persian period c. 531 – 331 BCE) took a kind of sacred-prophetic interest in the fact that certain consonants in Hebrew in one word or phrase can be seen to ‘add up’ to the same number of another word or phrase – later Rebbes saw that there ‘was a divine connexion’ set up therefore between them, e.g. the word for ‘secret’ and the word for ‘wine’ had the same Gemmatrial number, so they came up with a linked idea (e.g. ‘The drinking of WINE reveals the SECRETS of men’ etc.)

Thus (to take a random example) the gemmatrial number 57 is the gemmatrial equivalent (using Phanim Gemmatria – see below) for several discrete words, e.g. ALTAR ( Mem – Zayin – Beth – Chet), RITUAL PURITY (Zayin – Kaph – Nun) and CLOTHES (Gimmel – Vav – Daled – Yod – Mem) - so Rebbe’s would posit a link between the altar of YHWH and the clothes worn and ritual purity etc.

Here is one of 72 different Gemmatrial Hebrew systems (some of them were known used before the time of Caesar, and we see some knowledge of them amongst the Dead Sea Scroll corpus)

e.g. the first (most basic) system of 72 such gemmatrial systems called 'Mishphar ha-Phanim' ('absolute' numbering of letters Aleph to Tav – with the (5) final letter forms (SOFIT) not distinguished numerically )

Aleph = 1
Beth =2
Gimmel =3
Daled = 4
He = 5
Vav = 6
Tzayin = 7
Chet = 8
Tet = 9
Yod =10
Kaph = 20
Lamed = 30
Mem = 40
Nun = 50
Samek = 60
'Qayin = 70
Phe = 80
Tsadeh = 90
Quph =100
Resh = 200
Shin-Sin = 300
Tav = 400

i.e. the above is without any recourse to the 5 Sofit letter endings (the five Heb. letters with different ending forms e.g. Kaph, Mem, Nun, Phe and Tsadeh)

Then there is #2 which is the Mishpar haPhanim Gadol with the 5 sofit ending-letters having additional numbering, continuing the sequence all the way to 900

'Aleph = 1
Beth =2
Gimmel =3
Daled = 4
He = 5
Vav = 6
Tzayin = 7
Chet = 8
Tet = 9
Yod =10
Kaph = 20
Lamed = 30
Mem = 40
Nun = 50
Samek = 60
'Qayin = 70
Phe = 80
Tsadeh = 90
Quph =100
Resh = 200
Shin-Sin = 300
Tav = 400
final form sofit Kaph = 500
final form sofit Mem = 600
final form sofit Nun = 700
final form sofit Phe - 800
final form sofit Tsadeh = 900

Hebrew is typically written in ancient texts without vowels (i.e. ‘unpointed’) but Long O and Long U were often designated with the letter VAV –

So with the (616) version of NERO CAESAR in Ephraemi Palimsest and the Oxyrrhynchus Papyrus P.Oxy. LVI 4499 we would take the consonants NRV (nun resh vav) and QSR (quph, samek and resh) to get:

NUN = 50 RESH = 200 VAV = 6
QUPH = 100 SAMEK = 60 RESH = 200

=616

And with the (666) version (e.g. in the Codex Alexandrinus and Sinaiticus) we would have:

NUN = 50 RESH = 200 VAV = 6 NUN = 50
QUPH = 100 SAMEK = 60 RESH = 200

=666

Sooo...in a nutshell...any intelligent discussion of the 'True Meaning of 666' therefore would naturally have to take into account the fact that BOTH 616 and 666 are reflected in the Greek manuscript traditions from antiquity – and to assume that 666 is the only number (or that it appears as 666 in all the manuscripts of the ‘book of Revelation’) would be grossly inaccurate…and certainly no help to understanding the original intent of the writer who seems to have had as his purpose to encourage zionist messianists to hold firm for divine intervention against the invading Gentile forces (i.e. the Romans) who were by 69 CE ready to re-invade Eretz Yisro'el...and destroy the Temple, having recently occupied it (see Rev. 11:2 - 'but measure not the outer court of the goyim, for it has already been given over to the goyim, and they shall trample it under foot for 42 months...i.e. 1260 days)

Does any of this help ?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:33 PM
link   
This is my 667 th post it was till now 666 and a star count of 404
Just to stop bad karma I had to post here .!

Not supersticous are anything ..knock wood and throw salt over shoulder !

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by bekod

A score is 20. So 600 3 score (3x20) and 6 adds up to 666 with by the way means man trying to be like God.
edit on 16/7/2011 by daikaiju because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   
i have been reading about "national sunday law" that the 7th day adventests belive (i think not sure)? that sunday will be the mark of the beast cant buy or sell .something like that .i am not done reading material my friend gave me so check into it more . link. i notced that he said that sunday was connected with the devil as false worship and when i seen this thread it made some sence i think?

dedication.www3.50megs.com...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join