It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I have a question for a Medium.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:56 AM
link   
While I was meditating this afternoon. I heard a female voice clear as day say “your Poppy is still in traversal” for some reason I replied “no he isn’t”.

Now I have no idea why I would disagree over something I have no idea about. Any way I have never heard of this word traversal before and upon looking it up I’m still none the wiser, something about internet, computers and straight lines.
I would greatly appreciate this word put in a term I could understand.

My grandfather passed away in 1983 and we were very close.

Love and harmony
Whateva

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

Maybe he's being reincarnated. Anyway that's clairaudio or some such. I have experienced the phenomena once before myself. The voice was so clear that I responded without looking.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   

hey 1983 is the year I was born... Now do you think the voice was trying to say "intraversal" instead of In Traversal.?
Intraversal is a communications company (google it)....
Do you think this voice is part of you(eg subconcious) or a separate entity(eg ghost, astral being, demon, angel.)??

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
I’d love to help but unfortunately I’m a 2X

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:39 AM
link   
reply to post by yourmamaknows

Yes I’ve had this kind of communication before. He could be reincarnating, as I believe we are immortal souls.

A few days ago a voice came in clearly saying “be careful”. That’s it just be careful…hello a little more information would be good lol

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Inkrinhuminge

No it clearly said traversal. And nope it wasn’t my subconscious, it was another entity altogether.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
that's amazing you heard that voice say those words.

pretty much it means that he's still in the evolution phase of the soul before you transcend from "this" place we are in and go to another, perhaps to a place where we are a co-creator with the divine spirit/energy. completing the seven circles of the soul/spirit are required to traverse into the next stage, hence the name traversal

check this hear it explains it

urantiabook.org...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
I first encountered the word Traverse in geometry. For instance on a map the longitudinal lines go north south, but the latitude are the lines that traverse the globe. Horizontal, like the rungs of a ladder, (latitude.)

When learning rock climbing I was taught that a "traverse" is when one climbs sideways across the rock face to reach a better path upwards.

In programing one of the genius optimizations behind the binary tree is that a single ray trace only has to transverse, at most, 16 nodes to find the exact answer out of a possible 2^16 (or 65,536) combinations. This is why we have real time 3D photorealistic graphics on meer desktop, and hand held, computers these days.

As to hearing voices, next time demand their name.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
OK, let’s get serious… Gemini67 & davidgrouchy may have a point but you may be looking at this in the wrong way. First who is Poppy? Do you know a Poppy? Is that your name for a relative? Second traversal doesn’t only mean crossing over something. Like time or space. It also means, according to the Merriam-Webster dictionary,
1.“to go against or act in opposition to. Oppose, Thwart.”
2.“to deny.”

Could mean there is a struggle or battle going on. Does that seem to fit better right know in your situation?

Just didn’t want to be a Debbie downer or cause stress.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Gemini67

Omg you’re amazing.

Too many questions for you about this...I’ll read this a few more times to see if I can grasp it.
Thank you very helpful indeed x x x

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
reply to post by D1Useek

I called my grandfather poppy. And your right there is a battle/struggle going on around me at present, someone around me can be a little insensitive at times and today they were on a roll.

But at no time did I think about my grandfather till the woman’s voice mentioned it to me.

Thank you for replying, I am truly curious about this. x x x
edit on 16/7/11 by Whateva69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Perhaps you didn’t think of your Grandfather but subconsciously you knew he was back with you already. You could have had a dream of him you don’t remember but somehow you knew he’s there with you. Could be why you said “no he isn’t.” Whatever the case, it's possible he’s with you to help you with something you’re going through or going to go through in the near future. More than likly, you will notice his presents more and more in the upcoming days/weeks. It could even include a total manifestation. If it does happen, remember he is still your Grandfather just like he was before, not, excuses the term a “ghost”. Don't fear him. He’s there to help.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
Peas and booooooolter.

No idea what it means but that's what I heard!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Isn't it astounding what kind of inexplicable things can happen during a meditation or in a very relaxed state? I once heard my name being pronounced by a woman's voice (I was wearing ear flaps!) loud and clear from the left (my house was empty, the windows were closed). Naturally, it scared the heck out of me, which is why I did some research afterwards and came to the conclusion that it could have been one of my spirit-guides being of service to me; showing me that there is more to life, etc .

All I can offer you is an interpretation based on my knowledge and experiences, as I'm not a medium.

The word traverse has many meanings, such as (bold added by me)

tra·verse (tr-vûrs, trvrs) v. tra·versed, tra·vers·ing, tra·vers·es v.tr.

1. To travel or pass across, over, or through.
2. To move to and fro over; cross and recross.
3. To go up, down, or across (a slope) diagonally, as in skiing.
4. To cause to move laterally on a pivot; swivel: traverse an artillery piece.
5. To extend across; cross: a bridge that traverses a river.
6. To look over carefully; examine.
7. To go counter to; thwart.

www.thefreedictionary.com...

I interpret it as a notice to you that your grandfather hasn't made the transition from his earthly, human "shell" to recognize what he truly is. Meaning that he still might be dwelling within what some would call the "astral worlds", living in a human-like condition/environment, without recognizing the indefinite soul he is part of.

If you have eyes to see and seek for it, you will notice some members (maybe just one) here on ATS that claims to be working with the dead, for instance by helping them to recognize who they truly are and in supporting them to "step into the light". Certainly, that's all very speculative, but isn't "communicating in meditation" as well?

On the other hand, as you spontaneously reacted by saying "No he isn't!", it could also be possible that there was just someone trying to upset you. Your spontaneous reaction shouldn't be underestimated.
edit on 16-7-2011 by SunLightyear because: spelling

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   

glad to help
keep us updated if you hear or see anything else in meditation related to this that you feel like sharing. i think it's awesome you heard such a thing

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SunLightyear

I agree with sunlight, my initial thought was he was hadn't reached his destination yet,

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Well it seems pretty intuitive since the root word/meaning is 'traverse' which means to 'cross' something, as in traversing the terrain...traversing a gate....

here is a formal definition:

trav·erse   
[trav-ers, truh-vurs] Show IPA
verb, -ersed, -ers·ing, noun, adjective
–verb (used with object)
to pass or move over, along, or through.
to go to and fro over or along.
to extend across or over: A bridge traverses the stream.

I think "traversal" is just creating a noun out of traverse as in describing it as a process

Very cool that you heard this--sounds like your grandfather is still 'in transit' in some way

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   
Going along with others have said already, and going by what I'm "hearing" - and not scare you - it sounds like he's still here, and is trying to move on to the spirit world. But that's about the best I can do without some more information from you. For example, how did he die? Was it a quick and unexpected death? Do you experience any strange feelings yourself, do strange things happen on specific dates such as his birthday or the day he died? Do you think your house is haunted - do you feel like he's there watching you? Things like that. If you can give me any more information I'll try my best to help.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:19 AM
link   
"Your poppy is still in traversal" is very weird wording. In traversal through what exactly? From this I would gather that "traversal" is a term used for some kind of phase or state and maybe you were expected to already know what it means.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
I have undertaken a small amount of training as a medium and had some odd experiences. Within this, I have learnt that when you are given "strange" words or sentences, it is common for them to leave you scratching your head in confusion! :-)

It is likely, that as some point in the not to distant future, you will see/hear/read something and all of a sudden, the words you heard will make sense, or fit in some way.

In my experience, these oddities are not given for you to understand in the normal way of things, usually they are either your proof of an after life, or advice to follow, in either situation when they fall into place, you will have a lightbulb moment

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join