It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Up telescope! Search begins for giant new planet

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

Haha Duck Rogers... Classic! The planet shaped like the letter "X"
I remember THAT!
Kudos... Old memories from previous mind programming and propaganda are always fond. You just can't help being happy even though you know you shoulda been reading a book or playing outside or anything besides sitting in front of the tv watching as many cartoons as you could manage. We didn't know any better to think that we were possibly being programmed to laugh at the idea of Planet X, so I do feel less guilty for my brief moment of joy. Thank you for the nostalgia.
To the OP, I do believe these alignments hold the key... Unfortunately the next earth alignment will be on 9/11 I believe, and by then it would be close enough that it should be an obviously much stronger quake than we've ever recorded, if this elenin theory is true (doesn't have to be nibiru or planet x or. any other cool sounding name to be deadly...), but by then it will be too late to do anything about it. What I want to know, is, why do people say that it caused the earthquake on earth when it was aligned with Saturn and the sun and something else either Mercury or Venus? And if 9/11 is the next alignment with earth, then when is the next alignment with the sun and another planetary body or bodies besides Earth? If it happens on that date again with a 7.0+, that might convince me a little more. Unfortunately the jpl toy doesn't work on my "stupid" phone... Grrr. It will be posted somewhere...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:53 AM
link   
Why did you have to bring ELENIN into this? Seriously..
So any 'new' annoucment (this aint new), will be said that its just a story to get our attention away from ELENIN...

Back to the topic, I think the search for this giant has been ongoing for a pretty long time now?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:03 AM
link   
reply to post by zorgon

And Planet X... that was from Daffy Duck in "Duck Dodgers in the 21 1/2 Century
"Duck Dodgers in the 21st and a half Cennnnnntury."
Thanks for that memory. Duck Dodgers indeed.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by infinite

I was watching the history channel (I forget the program but it was space related) and they touched on the missing planet theory. They desribed how planets were located from inner system going out of system by detecing the tugging on the planets.

When they researched the tugging it led them to the next planet outbound.

When they got to pluto and began to study and track it, they found its not being tugged by anything. The theory is if something larger were in that outer area that pluto would be affected by the larger gravitational tug.

Since we cant just load up the enterprise and head out to explore we are pretty much stuck with current detection methods.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Sitchin, Z., 2007, The End of Days, pages 315 - 317

My copy of Sitchin's "End of Days" only has 308 pages.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
OP: good to be reminded of something already receded into memory. The scientific community, and I include Sitchin in that even though he is currently on the outs with the glorious mainstream, has brought much confusion. There are so many choices and so little time. There is Neptune with its' reconfigured mass and Planet X from long ago and Nibiru and Eris and Pluto demoted and Tyche and the brown dwarf and the binary 2nd sun and Comet Elenin the latest rage. There are the storms on Saturn and the distant collision with Jupiter and the ice caps on Mars melting and so many things to consider that I feel like I'm in a whirlwind of change. And all the while the scientific community reminds me that everything is normal and the sun is calm and the media tells me to look at stars and planets I can't see because the sky is so sprayed up. You Tube has become the new bootleg record with odd, anonymous videos of odd sights slipped into the webstream while we slept. Anyway just waiting now for the next confusing name of the next confusing object that though close or far will have no effect whatever on anything.

top topics

<< 1   >>

join