It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just to let you know and not to scare anyone but......

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   
I am not a seismologist. However, I've lived in California all my life, lived through the 1989 quake in San Francisco, and have periodically checked USGS for many years, often in association with such predictions. The number of quakes displayed does not appear to be greater than normal. Their proximity to one another does not appear unusual. Their magnitude does not appear unusual. Their frequency does not appear unusual. Their location does not appear unusual.

Is there some data to suggest that there is a major quake imminent other than the USGS maps?

As always, preparedness should be a rule, rather than a temporary or prediction-oriented posture. So I’m not suggesting that people shouldn’t prepare. On the contrary, in my opinion anyone living in quake prone areas should be prepared 365 days a year. It is guaranteed that, eventually, we are going to have a major quake. It's not a matter of if, but when.
edit on 7/17/2011 by AceWombat04 because: (no reason given)

edit on 7/17/2011 by AceWombat04 because: Typo

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
reply to post by dreamfox1

Land of the Long White Cloud

earthquake.usgs.gov...

Meanwhile, there's more activity NOT in the U.S.A.
How do the volcano gods like to be worshiped?

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
Seems like OP haven't checked that map very often, it looks pretty normal to me. There is normal amount of earthquakes. Most of quakes are so weak that humans can't feel them.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
I lived in Southern California for ten yrs. Lived through the 89 one and San Diego went wavy, but no damage done there. Many Quakes all the time. So, either you live with the prospect or you move far away as I did.
But last year we in the Smokies felt a 3.5, so who's to say when Big one will happen.
The Earth's Plates move all the time, it is the Nature of the Beast.
Again I tell all on ATS that there are bigger things happening right now to worry about.
Nothing to be done but live your life towards others as you would have them live towards you. All this Fear is only good for one thing. And that is?

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Sure sure, go ahead and try to debunk this. Typical of you darn debunkers, always bring common sense, reason and logic to the table. Shame on you. We are not here to discuss things that can be easily dismissed just by using google for crying out loud!!! lol.....

Oh wait, your doing the same thing you accused me of, trolling. I guess you only consider it trolling if it doesn't agree with what you want to believe (facts be damned)?

And OP, yellowbeard is correct despite my troll comment, and so are many in this thread. You have nothing to fear and obviously don't understand enough about basic geology (or how to do grade school level research) to post anything here that would scare anyone with half a brain. Fortunately for you, this is a conspiracy board, so a certain amount of ignorance not only tolerated, it is embraced by the majority.....so congrats I guess.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by yellowbeard

Facts? where are you getting your facts? from some British tabloid?,as I said before I've lived in So Calif all my life,where is it written that quakes follow a pattern I think you should stick to commenting on your country,seems you have been duped like most uninformed posters ,I'm not talking theory I'm talking fact,I've heard this crap for much longer then you have been born I'm sure,now go comment on something you may or may not have an opinion on,maybe try eating some citrus fruit

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Does anyone know where I can get updates about earthquakes in California?

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join