It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can Humans Know Silence?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Angle

That's the beauty of metaphors. They take one's full intent to be completely understood.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by HarryTZ

I think your life will show improvement.

'"Bad" can be good', and "do not cut people out of your life"

The ones in one's life can be Karmic|

Karma has no power to exist eternally without death.
Auw, karma is the sacrifice of ego. No, I don't know.

Yes.

You may pass.

posted on May, 19 2013 @ 03:35 PM
link   
"Insight" is timeless, meaning it transcended time, as to be picked out of reality.
That why I post these songs.

"Intelligent design" is to be loved.

posted on Apr, 5 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Itisnowagain

I have just been explaining this to someone for 2hours
I know I had to train my brain to hold absolute silence
it is extremely hard
out brain processes 11million bits of information per SECOND
www.britannica.com...
It is inhumanly and totally different to maditating,zen and zoning out
I can do it now for approximately 5minutes and I completely loose a sense of myself
I do it to "truly try listen to what the world has to say to me"
But it is draining and unpleasant and I often feel So strange after it(no sense of reality)
it is worth it but
I actually just did this 2hours ago and still feel I want to jump of the bridge

I have not read everything just the first post
I have a feeling people will not truly understand this immediately

This state has no "me" perspective there is no I or me or this is what I think
Hard to not be "you"
edit on 5-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

edit on 5-4-2015 by MimiSia because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 07:17 AM
link   
"Silence" is an approximation to the state of being that the texts refer to, they were not originally written in English, and when you combine the "cessation of thought" with the concept of "silence" one naturally puts two and two together and assumes that the state implies that the "voice in the head" stops speaking.

You are free to think as much as you want, and if you do know the silence it does not mean that your mind is empty - emptying the mind is simply one of the techniques that is used in order to reach the silent state, even if only for a moment...

What they really mean by "silence" is an unwavering sense of permanence - most are quite volatile, experiencing changing states of mind and feeling, when you "become the silence" then you can see that transitory things are not "real" because they are not permanent, unlike the state of perfect awareness.

To describe how it is experienced, it is like a "reference point" for your awareness, a "base line" or "floor" that you are built upon.

To explain in simple terms, it is a constant reassurance of the fact that you are the person that you want to be, and that nobody can take it away from you.

It is the realisation that you are eternal.

When it comes to the "ego" and the "self" it can be seen that we are all like puzzle pieces, and that each person is needed for the puzzle to be complete, we need others aside from ourselves in order to exist co-dependently, seeing that we are all different might lead one to believe that consciousness itself is different for each person, however, when you extract the "ego" from your awareness, you realise consciousness is a universal state shared by all.

You do not need to permanently terminate the "ego" - you just need to momentarily "deactivate" it so that you can experience pure awareness.

This small peep is enough to convince those whom suffer from doubt that consciousness is an eternal state, and it puts their fears of non-existence to rest.
edit on 7-4-2015 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 09:49 AM
link   
a reply to: tkwasny

Great post - All ascpects of the following
Kabbalistic Tree
Jacobs Ladder
Tzim Tzum

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:03 AM
link   
a reply to: pandapowerjamie

The brain needs it, I guess it's what one of the "curses" of being sentient, as a result because we are always looking for stimulus

Says who - maybe it makes you at peace - to look for stimulus.

You earlier wrote...

it actually begins to create new things, as a result of this you become delusional because certain parts of the brain aren't becoming stimulated where as those parts need to be for "sanity".

Conversely too much stimulus will also make you insane. Your mind actually filters out a lot of noise - again to preserve sanity.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Can there be golden silence or peace of mind when one looks at more than "x+1" amount of posts on ATS? Or are you going to say you only look at a post/s in the "now"

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:11 AM
link   
a reply to: Sahabi

You have transcended and become the watcher, the awareness, the consciousness, the I am and this is. I am impressed.

Please help a seeker here...not trying to be cheeky, but a watcher is of the flesh whereas awareness and consciousness are phenomenological.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:18 AM
link   

a longing that feels like i want to plunge deeper,

But aren't you embarking on the road to suffering - thinking about longing? Or a future "plunging in deeper? Were your last few hundred posts in various threads a slip; human frailty? Please reconcile, it does not compute.
edit on 7-4-2015 by TheConstruKctionofLight because: spelling

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:29 AM
link   
a reply to: mysticnoon

According to mystic teachings, the natural state of the soul is Sound, not silence.

But sound is what fuels creation - sound creates (vibration). Silence is the now, the moment, the act of seeing the beauty of creation without distraction.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:35 AM
link   
a reply to: Angle

sinfull

You had to spoil a good post by using the above word - ego allowed your "ego" word to slip in. Ego sacrificed your god nature by bringing judgement in.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 10:39 AM
link   
a reply to: Angle

The ones in one's life can be Karmic

Karma is new age speak for "sin" and "hell". Allow it to exist in your thoughts and you will always be looking for a way out of the matrix. You are the creator - there is no judgement.

posted on Apr, 7 2015 @ 11:20 AM
link   

originally posted by: TheConstruKctionofLight
a reply to: mysticnoon

According to mystic teachings, the natural state of the soul is Sound, not silence.

But sound is what fuels creation - sound creates (vibration). Silence is the now, the moment, the act of seeing the beauty of creation without distraction.

As we are physical and spiritual beings existing in vibratory energetic states within a vibratory energetic cosmos, I believe true silence (nothingness) can not exist in these states, therefore, there can not exist a vacuum anywhere. During my OBE, what I thought was silence was actually a humming sound with what felt like vibrations all around me, very low, barely audible and barely felt.

"Silence is not the absence of something, but the presence of everything".

canyouactually.com...

edit on 7-4-2015 by InTheLight because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join