It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

We ARE Change:Gives You Everything You Need To Know About ELEnin/Nibiru

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
reply to post by EyeHeartBigfoot

How many different ways can you say that you disagree with the OP?

It is speculation at best but...there is a lot of odd data being presented and anybody claiming to have the definitive answer is completely delusional.

Although Stereologist does tend to air his frustration rather freely, the fact of the matter is that he provides solid information to support his case. Are you implying that the people who think they have "proof" of an impending doomsday are delusional?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DJW001

It is speculation at best but...there is a lot of odd data being presented and anybody claiming to have the definitive answer is completely delusional.

Although Stereologist does tend to air his frustration rather freely, the fact of the matter is that he provides solid information to support his case. Are you implying that the people who think they have "proof" of an impending doomsday are delusional?

Delusional may have been a rash choice of words. If I offended anybody I apologize, but not enough to edit my post.

That statement went to both side of the argument as nobody, including NASA, has definitive proof of what will happen.

Doom & Gloom Threads aside, I see no reason not to discuss this anymore than any other fringe subject.

I enjoy both side of the argument but find no enjoyment in attacking someone who created a new Thread with links to relevant ATS Topic/Opinions, data, information or even Mickey Mouse B.S..

Let the reader decide.
edit on 7/16/2011 by EyeHeartBigfoot because: Clarify

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   

There are plenty of ways. Why count when the number is so large?

The data is odd in fact much of it is a lie or misrepresentation.

Seriously, how can you use the My Dad Can Beat Up Your Dad mentality to attempt in proving your point.

You actually think that the links from the pole shift group are valid sources?

It is just a wait and see situation.

Why waste all of that time when it is so simple to test the claims in the article to see if they are valid. It turns out they are not as in the case of the claim that quakes are increasing. The USGS site has a statement that disagrees with the claims of the article, yet the article tried to lie and claim that the USGS supports a claim of increased earthquakes.

The whole Elenin thing has been beaten to death so many times it just doesn't matter what side you are on anymore.

Another false claim. Of course it matters to be able to discern whether or not the claims are correct. That is possible now. There is no need to sit back and wait and see what happens.

My main concern is what will make the Elenin debunker's happy and occupied if they are proven correct?

The evidence is heavily on the side of those showing that Elenin is just another comet. What would make me happy? I would love to see people figure out for themselves how to separate the nonsense from the worthwhile. There is a stubborn digging in here to latch onto a nonsense claim.

So, show me one, just one absolute 100% conclusive document that provides unimpeachable empirical proof that Elenin is nothing to be concern about.

Nothing is 100%.Your request is based on a bad premise. Just take a look at the planned trajectory for Elenin. Believers accept the extrapolation into the past, even 3 years before its discovery, yet they think that the current predictions based on continued measurements of the position of the planet are not correct. Closest approach is around 1/4AU. That is pretty far away.
edit on 16-7-2011 by stereologist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

That statement went to both side of the argument as nobody, including NASA, has definitive proof of what will happen.

With the comet coming no closer than over 80x the distance to the Moon there is no possible chance for anything happening to Earth. That's not even a close pass by a comet. There have been much closer ones.

Closest Approaches to the Earth by Comets
The page lists 21 close passes less than half the distance Elenin will make. None of these closer encounters did the Earth any harm.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

Funny thing is, Nasa is forced to admit, too there (laff) surprise that comets are actually not dirty ice, but have are 99.5% not ice, every comet they crashed a probe into realized this.

So the notion of "these are just comets" is funny, cause it appears you do not even know what they are.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Now this post is why I love ATS.

You debated each point using your point of view.

Thank you so much, but why attack the OP for only linking a news article they found odd because it was from WEARECHANGE.ORG?

I personally enjoyed the article but am not buying into anything until the next alleged alignment date.

We could agree to disagree til Nibiru comes home, but we will never be any closer to the truth.

Because of your great post, I will save you the headache of reviewing my old post(actually, I think you are far too intelligent and have way better things to do) and tell you that I am OFFICIALLY ON THE FENCE.

I Haven't A Gawd Damn Clue but it is way better than watching TV!!!

Warmest Regards,

t

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
reply to post by MrKnoxx

The link comes back as a 505 - Internal Server Error. I was unable to view as a result.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

Thank you so much, but why attack the OP for only linking a news article they found odd because it was from WEARECHANGE.ORG?

I have no idea what this site is all about and have never heard of it before.

Why do you think I attacked him because of the origin of the article?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Of course there always exists at least two sides to an argument, with this particular argument one side (believers) say that due to certain observations and coincidences there exists a possibility that on said dates there may be an unavoidable disaster and if NASA were aware of such would not disclose it
The other side (de-bunkers) say, the observations have been misinterpreted, coincidences are just that, there exists no more possibility that a disaster may occur on any given date and of course NASA would disclose any threat.

The believers are aware things environment related are amiss, believe there is more going on than TPTB are willing to confirm, believe there may be correlations between certain alignments and global upheaval and are simply trying to help, warn others.

The de-bunkers are confident all is well, TPTB would never purposely lie to us, there exist no correlations between celestial alignments and their global effects, are constantly debunking any attempt at warning or helping, they are the same members with alarming regularity in unison.

If the believers are wrong, the de-bunkers can bask in their glory and say i told you so!

If the believers are right, the de-bunkers will find themselves totally unprepared.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   
reply to post by GrinchNoMore

Funny thing is, Nasa is forced to admit, too there (laff) surprise that comets are actually not dirty ice, but have are 99.5% not ice, every comet they crashed a probe into realized this.

So the notion of "these are just comets" is funny, cause it appears you do not even know what they are.

Your claims about the composition are a little off.

Deep Impactor showed that there was more dusty material than expected. Deep Impactor hit one comet named 9P/Tempel. The composition was determined to be about 1/2 to 1/3 water (determined by mass).

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by lestweforget

There are several types of proponents. There are believers. There are also fearmongers. There are other types as well.

Believers appear to make decisions without thinking. Are environmental "things" amiss? People just assume they are with the flippant comment that it is obvious. Is it? Believers appear to be willing to latch onto ideas without proof. They appear unwilling to check ideas. Are quakes increasing? Are volcanic eruptions increasing? Are the claims of alignments true? The answers are no, no, and no. That does not stop the believers from refusing to analyze the evidence.

Debunking is not to show that all is well. I am labeled a debunker by many. Do I say there are no quakes? No. I say there are plenty and they are dangerous and kill many people. Do I say tornadoes are not killing people and destroying property? No. Do I say Elenin is dangereous? No. I make it quite clear that this is a hoax. I show why the claims of the article are false. Did I bother to debunk all of the false statements. I saw no need to do that.

Is there a correlation between quakes and celestial alignments? Yes. Only the Moon is associated with quakes. The Moon is associated with a few low intensity uncommon/rare quakes. No other celestial body is known to be correlated with quakes. None. Not even the Sun is associated with quakes.

Some people might think this is a new idea. It is old. It has been tested time and time again. This was done by geologists with good collections of data and not by some youtube hoaxer that picks less than 3% of the quakes and fakes the alignment dates.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Werner Von Braun told Carol Rosen these events like terrorism, comets, asteriods, and UFOS are all a Lie in order to weaponize space.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by luxordelphi

Alignments in 3 dimensions can be made a number of different ways

A line is a line. My point is that projections can be used to fake alignments.That is what is happening here with Elenin. The alignments have been faked by those with an agenda to incite fear and to suggest quite falsely, as DJW001 so eloquently stated, that there is government involvement.

Right...a line is a line as long as you have a line which you do with Comet Elenin because of its' proximity to our orbital plane. That's why so many alignments can be plotted. No one needs to fake alignments because they are there for the taking. I was startled by the prediction of the earthquake in Japan and that was before I even knew that a geographical location had also been predicted. This brings a lot of questions for me and others and those questions necessarily involve the nature of this comet because in my experience it's unusual for a comet aligning with anything to cause an earthquake.

I don't think that inquiry is an agenda and, frankly, I don't see that the government is involved. Our government and I'm speaking from my viewpoint about the U.S. has seemed to me disengaged since and during the days of Katrina. As far as DJW001s' eloquent quote I can't comment because I have no idea what a neo-luddite is.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

The only source for the Von Braun claim is Rosin herself. Please note that the spelling of her last name is Rosin, not Rosen. This is an appeal to authority. Rosin does not offer any evidence of the claims she makes. She simply offers hearsay testimony wherever she goes. Project Camelot for example states:

There is much to be read about it, almost all of which is speculation with little firm evidence or whistleblower testimony (one noted exception being that of Dr Carol Rosin, speaking on behalf of her old colleague and mentor, Dr Wernher von Braun).

So hearsay, Rosin telling us what Von Braun told her, is suggested as something other than speculation.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:48 PM
link   

Alignments are common. They happen all of the time. Check any astrology site.

But these alignment claims are false. The alignments either are not there or in the case of the Japan quake the alignment was 5 days later. I also showed that it is trivial to get a quake to match an alignment. There is a quake of the size mentioned in the list about every other day. So tweak the alignment dates by a few days and voila you claim matches. It's that simple.

Inquiry is not an agenda. What is happening here is the lack of inquiry. If people just checked the claims instead of taking these false statement hook, line, and sinker then these false claims would quickly slither away.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:52 PM
link   

True. I am only put info out for everyone to digest. No reason to get upset.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Buford2

I was interested in finding out who Rosin was. I only found the same claims repeated ad nauseum on many sites without learning anything about who Rosin is. About all I could find is that she presents hearsay testimony and people like to make the appeal to authority via Von Braun.

You think that is upsetting? Why?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

She may be another propaganda peddler. Some truth mixed with lies. We will have to wait and see. Good Luck to you friend.

www.peaceinspace.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:51 PM
link   

Alignments are common. They happen all of the time. Check any astrology site.

But these alignment claims are false. The alignments either are not there or in the case of the Japan quake the alignment was 5 days later. I also showed that it is trivial to get a quake to match an alignment. There is a quake of the size mentioned in the list about every other day. So tweak the alignment dates by a few days and voila you claim matches. It's that simple.

Inquiry is not an agenda. What is happening here is the lack of inquiry. If people just checked the claims instead of taking these false statement hook, line, and sinker then these false claims would quickly slither away.

Alignments with multiple planets within our solar system and a foreigner entering that system are not common. They are common with this comet because of it's attitude so near to the orbital plane. 9 magnitude earthquakes are not common and for someone to predict that before it happened and to predict even the location is amazing whether within 5 days or 3 days or 1 day depending on which alignment one chooses to accept. Some of the predictions for this 9 magnitude quake relied on the checking back to previous alignments and unpredicted earthquakes. There seems to be some method in the madness. And I agree with you, it's not necessary nor is it wise to accept anything from any person or any agency without verifying for oneself.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:30 AM
link   

reply to post by mugger

Exactly. There are 5 comets going around the Sun at this time and only 1 has been picked up by the fearmongers for some agenda.

Check out the following to learn real information about comets
Cometography

or visit this page
Comet Chasing in July

And many within the orbit of Jupiter.
The wedges in this image are comets.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/1e4d1987e599.jpg[/atsimg]

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join