It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do you see as the SHTF worst case scenario? What do you envision?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Well this fellow says it all starts in 2012... me I think it starts in 2020.
the trigger??? the colaspe of the US dollar
youtu.be...

now think of what will happen to the global economy without the Dollar...
think of what happens to normal everyday folks who suddenly discover their money is worthless...

how do you buy food, gas, power to heat and cool your homes, pay for a visit to the doctors and the thousands of other little things you do with money every day...

Now imagine the millions of people, Billions... who without the ability to exchange goods an services... what will they do??? Loot riot, cause civil disorder on a massive scale... what will the words governments reaction be??? Calm and comforting or brutal and totalitarian???

forget the global warming or stuff from space slamming into earth creating an ELE... this scenario is thousands of times more likely and very plausible... What will be it's eventual outcome... what happens to society and our way of life.... that depends entirely on what we do right now to prepare ourselves

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
"During the month of June 2011, 64 earthquakes were located in the Yellowstone National Park region." Please note that these were small earthquakes but....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
reply to post by DaddyBare

DaddyBare do you really think our countries financial system can hold on till 2020?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I think they will try... I think they will do everything in the power to do so...
I also believe the rest of the words knows of the danger in a collapse of the US dollar and Like Japan is doing right now will do whatever they can to shore it up... But...it already looks like we've gone too far, passed that tipping point... it's possible as a country we start to default on our loans before this year is out...

either way we're looking at near term hyperinflations and excessive tax burdens... ya think $4 for a gallon of milk is bad now... wait until it gets to $10 or $20... look how fast it went from just under $2 to what it is today.... almost over night... right now the Midwest is under the worse drought and heatwave seen since the great depression... farmers unable to grow, ranchers selling off cattle for what ever they can get... Guess what you'll be paying for a burger this time next year???

oh its coming... the real question is when??? I hope for my granddaughters sake I'm more right,timeline wise... so I have more time to ensure her survival or at least give her a decent shot at it
edit on 16-7-2011 by DaddyBare because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   
The global economy isn't going to mean s&!t when the power grid fails.
Sure,they have generator back ups,but how long will that last is the world loses power for years?

With that,what can I do to protect my family and I from some sort of solar event,minor
that is,other than hiding in a cave.
I have a basement as long as the house doesn't burst into flames.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by summer5

depending on where you live, some of what you mention.

and 500,000 ships going down in a day.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Its will come from microbes the way it always does. And we all failed. The global supply chain will crumble, then the national food supply chain will crumble due to everyone being ill. People will make the first week and panic the second. All out anarchy. All forms of command and control crippled. If they do get roadblocks set up, those will fall apart as the people who man them become ill too. Portions of the criminal element who have immune antibodies will attack and destroy weakened targets to steal arms and food.They will recruit others who are immune to do as they please. The best we could hope for will be the immune are evolved, good people and rebuild.

I think this happened already. 1918. And a hundred years later give or take a decade it happens again. And a hundred years from then.......

NASA seems to think we are gonna get lit up sometime between now and Feb of 2013. They might be right.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   
The most likely scenario in my mind is a web of individual events, any one of which is survivable, but taken together are overwhelming.

Most of those events are driven by weather.

Already cast in stone are these:

Sustained excessive heat will have multiple effects, but the main ones will be crop damage and heat fatigue failures of electrical and computing infrastructure.

Continued summertime flooding will have similar effects, except that the electrical damage will be water-related, ie., flooded plants and substations, toppled lines, etc. In addition, the flooding is wrecking roads, railroads, and bridges, putting a direct drag on transportation and the economy.

Wildcards are volcanoes, typhoons, hurricanes, earthquakes and dam failures...especially a California one, quite likely soon, I think, and a major dam failure on the Missouri. Any two of those go really bad and it will trigger a general collapse.

On the financial front, things already look hopelessly screwed from several directions: the jobs situation, the US debt limit, Chinese local debt, the European mess, all compounded by supply chain disruptions due to collapsing Japanese production.

Try googling "mass food poisoning", crop damage, cesium-134,-137and H5N1, and you'll find some pretty strong indicators that the food supply situation is already very bad and getting worse.

I hate to tell you, but for those who haven't twigged yet:

It's already hit the fan.

In another 4 weeks or so it will be obvious even to the casual observers, perhaps another couple of weeks for the sleepwalkers.

Sometime over the late summer or early fall the electrical grid will start to fail and become more unreliable, even without any solar storms. Add a few of those to the mix and failure becomes nearly a certainty.

Enjoy the next few weeks, and step up preparations if you can.

Time's almost up.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:38 PM
link   
Definitely not a "The Road" scenario or a "Zombieland" scenario. More of the economic collapse, Depression, hyper-inflation type scenario. Losing my home and not having enough food to feed my family and loved ones, that would really be enough for me. Yeah, that's a good worst case scenario to start with.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 12:55 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

This is where if at all possible to we must help as much as we can the 70, 80 and 90 year olds get through the initial wave. After that, we will need their farming experience from back in the day when practically everyone grew their own food and stored it. I would say any farmers would also know the tricks of the trade as well, but we may need all we can get.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Apacheman and Skewed, very interesting posts. Apacheman your post does have much truth. The current weather events that are happening have yet to show their impact. I would love to know the true number of people that have been displaced due to flooding, fire and tornadoes this year. We already have a strain with Gov't resources and we are only halfway through the year. The state that our economy is in, will these people ever be able to recover?

Skewed your post on learning from the elderly is true but sad. I often ask myself why did I think I knew it all and failed to learn and listen to the elderly. What was natural for them is foreign to me. The more I learn, the more I read, I realize I lack basic skills.

I fear the big one hitting California or another Hurricane on the scale of Katrina could push this country over the edge. Then rioting, disease, just a downward spiral. Most of the teens today don't even know how to read a map, they know how to Mapquest but during blackouts that won't get you far.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
The worst possible scenario would be an extreme climate change scenario.

I have a large food reserve stored and the ability to grow more for decades.

The only thing I would worry about is if it got very hot for longer periods and we had drought conditions where I couldn't grow food.

If you don't have it stored and you can't grow it then your pretty much in trouble.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
reply to post by queenofsheba

queenofsheba sums it up. It WILL be an economic collapse, a global economic collapse. Its going to happen swift and blindside 98% of the people. I’m surprised at the response in this thread. Your all thinking comits and volcanoes when a global economic collapse is 6-12 months away the latest.

good luck to you all

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 09:58 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

My worst case would be the power grid going down
permanently.While radiation from Fukushima and corexit
from the gulf wafts in the breeze.During which,yellowstone
finally blows as a nuclear bomb strikes D.C.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
reply to post by AuntB

I would love to know the true number of people that have been displaced due to flooding, fire and tornadoes this year.

Ditto that!! I have been wondering the same thing. Although, I can't find any stats on what that number may possibly be.

I see a combination of events going on that will lead up to the SHTF. Displaced people from their homes already, in many states (also curious if any have been able to return to the areas we have heard about). Now we have lots of activity with Earthquakes (possibly more displacement), Volcanoes, unemployment getting worse, eonomy continuing to decline - while food and gas prices continue to go up. The pot is starting to boil.....

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 10:29 AM
link   
I see all of the above happening after a brown dwarf or parts of slam into the Earth, increasing the gravity of the Earth to the point where we all become quadraped humanoids unable to support our own weight as bipeds. The ET species racing to Earth to covertly save as many humans to repopulate another world. Leaving the rest of us to develop into a new species of Earthlings.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:28 AM
link   
reply to post by summer5

Realistic scenario: WWIII
Fantastic scenario: Alien Invasion or Zombies

In other words, anything that leaves an apocalyptic wasteland behind

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:31 AM
link   
Something wrong happens with an excellerator COLLIDER machine and someTHINGS ARE LET OUT. smh

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I think the prime event will be US economic collapse from government policies, probably in conjunction with some natural disaster (Yellowstone, New Madrid, San Andreas) or major terrorist attack (nuke in NY harbor).

we may now be in a death spiral and not realize it. that sort of thing is never clear until after the fact.

no doubt global food crises will be coming, esp 3rd world cities.

I'm expecting a new caliphate to arise. things will get very ugly in that part of the world.
edit on 20-7-2011 by works4dhs because: (no reason given)

posted on Apr, 11 2012 @ 11:10 AM
link   
reply to post by allenidaho

I agree that an EMP (Electro Magnetic Pulse) attack is a highly likely scenario. And I believe this because of prophecy of it in the scriptures (God does indeed know "the end" from the beginning). Micah 5:10 & 11, I believe, speaks of this. And, more specifically, 3 Nephi 21:14 & 15 (which is a reiteration of that prophecy from Micah) means, IMO, that the Americas, specifically the US, is/are/will be 'a target' if not 'the target'.

All the brouhaha about Iran's nuclear capabilities are, again, IMO, as much if not more about the United States than necessarily Israel. In a 1998 military/political paper put out by someone in Iran, they said they would like to kill Americans the "old fashion" way, using famine and pestilence. And, they opined, they thought they could accomplish this via a nuclear based EMP attack.

In 2004, a commission set up by Congress reported to Congress on that specific threat. That report, available online, indicated that one nuclear bomb of "sufficient" mega-tonnage, detonated 100 miles above/over Indiana, for example, would likely knock out around 70% of everything electrical and electronic in the US, in most of Canada, and in a good part of Mexico. And, IMO, a 2nd such detonation over the Western US could probably put that figure fairly close to 100%.

Certainly, Iran has been working assiduously since 1998, at least, on both nuclear capability and delivery (rocket) capability.

North Korea could be another threat. Even Hugo Chavez's Venezuela could help the Iranians in their quest.

Certainly, a rocket even shot from outside International limits of US territorial waters, could 'easily' be done by Iran, once they have the bombs ready.

Such an EMP attack would likely put out of permanent commission every automobile, truck, airplane, train, tractor, planter, harvester, etc we use today. Except, and this is ironic, the ONE type of technology that would likely still function would be actual horse power. Then, those whom we view as being the most technologically backwards, the Amish, would have the only functioning technology (inasmuch as they DON'T use electricity or anything electronic)!

A civil war prophesied back in the 19th century by LDS (Mormon) apostles that would make the US Civil War of the 1860's pale in comparison is another likely scenario. In their prophecies, they said that when this war took place, which would likely be the result of partisan politics, that neighbor would be against neighbor, and neighborhood against neighborhood, city against city, county against county, state against state, etc. And, they said, that both manufacturing and agriculture, as we know it, would largely cease to exist for some years, due to roving mobs and gangs.

Prophecies by Isaiah and other OT prophets indicate that perhaps NO PLACE will be left safe—

7 Your country is desolate, your cities are burned with fire: your land, strangers devour it in your presence, and it is desolate, as overthrown by strangers.

8 And the daughter of Zion is left as a cottage in a vineyard, as a lodge in a garden of cucumbers, as a besieged city.

9 Except the LORD of hosts had left unto us a very small remnant, we should have been as Sodom, and we should have been like unto Gomorrah.

(Old Testament | Isaiah 1:7 - 9)

'Daughter of Zion' is a euphemistic phrase for a "suburb".of 'Jerusalem'. Now, you need to understand that Latter-Day Saints believe that a 'New Jerusalem' (or 'Zion') will eventually be built in the US, with Independence being/becoming the 'center' of this very large 'city'. Measurements of this 'city' are found in the book of Revelations.

Hence, this prophecy could well be speaking of events in the US (and also where the old "Jerusalem" is, in the nation of Israel).

An 'invasion' scenario is also very likely, IMO. The 'aliens' already in our land, as it were, are (I believe) the 'remnant of Jacob' spoken of in Micah 5 (again, which prophecy is reiterated 4 times in the Book of Mormon, in 3 Nephi, chapters 16, 20, 21 and at the end of Mormon, chapter 5.

Of course, it is the sub-replacement level of humans that has led to the current economic depression we have been in since 2008 (or slightly before). Did you know that, on average, white women in the US, clear since the early 1970's, have born an average of 170 babies, or so, for every 200 adults? Even though populations have grown in the US, this is mostly due to immigration and keeping more people alive from infancy to old age (in other words, a health explosion). Europe currently averages about 138 babies born for every 200 adults. China bout 174. Japan is around 129 or less. South Korea, about 115. Hong Kong around 100; and gambling meccas, Macao, only about 90. Demographically, the human race is headed toward "going out of business"!

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join