It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shall we play a game?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
So its just completely unexpected by you that when I visited this site on my phone it wouldn't let me do anything afterwards, then when I was able to pull the page down all of my settings had changed, not only changed but the background had changed to a background I don't even have on my phone, quite strange.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by DarkSarcasm
So its just completely unexpected by you that when I visited this site on my phone it wouldn't let me do anything afterwards, then when I was able to pull the page down all of my settings had changed, not only changed but the background had changed to a background I don't even have on my phone, quite strange.
The _javascript on the page was probably too much for your phone to handle. Has anyone else said anything like that? You can look at exactly what the page contains. Why would I put malicious code in a page where the object of the game involves inspecting the source code? It is completely safe, but it isn't made for phones. Browse the internet properly for christ sakes.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
The password is encoded as a HEX string.

See that right there ^^^^?
You lost me.

Wish I knew more about PC's.

posted on Jul, 19 2011 @ 06:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chukkles

Originally posted by ChaoticOrder
The password is encoded as a HEX string.

See that right there ^^^^?
You lost me.

Wish I knew more about PC's.
Haha. Well it is meant to be a game for technical type people. It would be quite hard for people who don't know much about that sort of stuff.

---

On another note, I realized that the game seems to freeze up IE 8 (ans possibly other IE browsers) for some unknown reason (seems to be related to the dynamically generated text dialog). I recommend using Firefox or Chrome with my game.

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

Bugger stuck on level 6
like you my maths sucks! am having to wikipedia modulo and cube root workings to remember but can't get it. Damn!!
edit on 23-7-2011 by Scaledown because: can not spell! Need to go back to school for Children Who Can't Read Good And Wanna Learn To Do Other Stuff Good Too

posted on Jul, 23 2011 @ 01:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Scaledown

You'll probably have to use a scientific calculator or if you know any programming languages it should be fairly easy. The modulo is the remainder of one number divided by another.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 05:54 AM
link   
Great little game there and looks like there is a fair amount of work behind it. Got up to level 5 ok but it is getting tricky for me now.

posted on Aug, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by kwakakev
Great little game there and looks like there is a fair amount of work behind it. Got up to level 5 ok but it is getting tricky for me now.
A lot of people seem to get stuck at level 5. It's not as hard as it seems. Just keep looking and you'll find the answer.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   
No hint for level 9?
Bah...
I am running out of time to play this blasted thing!
Thanks, btw.

posted on Aug, 19 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

When using the calculator in Windows, the math does not add up the same as when using JS functions. I am not sure why, but I may look into it. I ran the calculations multiple times and came up with the same answer. I can forward you my rough proofs if you care.

I'm still stuck on level 9...

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
Ok, got past 9, and 10 has lost my interest for now. I am unsure where to even begin with it.
Thanks again, though. Good work.
Let me know if you want any notes I took down.

posted on Aug, 20 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
You did well if you made it to level 9. Level 10 isn't really that hard. It's just a longer series of tasks.

posted on Aug, 31 2011 @ 01:26 PM
link   
I made it to level 10.

Seems like a lot of work oh no! lol

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
Stuck on level 5...
I know absolutely nothing about _javascript too. I'm just finding the answers by googling keywords. lol!!!

but level 5 i've hit a rock...

okay now stuck on 6, did the math and it came out wrong
woe is me >.>
edit on 1-9-2011 by Xaberz because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 1 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   
My opinion is that level 5 is the hardest one except for level 10. I think it has to do with the browser.

Anyway, for level 10 I figured out the key but what type of key it is that's the question.

Can't figure out the password for that rar file.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 08:55 PM
link   
Level 5 has got me for now, going to come back to it tomorrow when my minds my clear, good game, kept me interested.

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
maybe this is recruitment ppl....

posted on Sep, 15 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Here I thought you were gonna talk about Wargames. My bad.

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 12:56 AM
link   
I made it to level 4 fairly quickly, and then quit.

Awesome game though!!

posted on Nov, 18 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
In Level 5..
Struggling

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join