It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Time to "Beat" that 'Ole War Horse Disney Again...This is Not Obvious or Anything...Sheesh

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:57 PM
link   
So, I am not ususally one to post these types of threads, and maybe I will get killed here, but this is silly. The guy making the vid is upsetting, but it is sooooo obvious what is up. Ghads this is dumb! It appears old, but what??? Is this not so obvious it hurts? Do I need to get off ATS for a few weeks?

Jerk Your Thang Tarzan

ColoradoJens

edit on 16-7-2011 by ColoradoJens because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:09 AM
link   
Its the old Disney preconditioning for your kids act again! Gets more and more outrageous every time I see something new. God I can't believe I liked Disney when I was younger.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Conspiracy Now

Isn't it almost comical if it wasn't so outrageous? These people are perverts!

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:29 AM
link   
HAAAAAhaaahaha! That is truly hilarious. Shame on Disney- it is hard to believe that they actually were not aware of such obviously suggestive products. Although, I guess they are illustrating their tastelessly executed sense of humor. Too much!!

edit on 16-7-2011 by TheAncientsKnew because: change in term used

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   
reply to post by TheAncientsKnew

The second "snake" thing was even more hideous somehow...I guess shaking one's head in wonder is passe..

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
reply to post by ColoradoJens

I didn't see anything wrong with the second figure,just seems to me that this is just a case of a grown man having his mind in the gutter.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by Nobama

I laughed. I suppose the ole one eye'd monster never was never discussed in your parts. Tube Snake Boogie?

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:45 AM
link   
I honestly haven't laughed this hard in a good while. Thank you op.

From my understanding the toy made a different gesture once unwrapped, unless I misunderstood the man in the video due to laughter.

Ahhhhhhhhhhh uhhhhhhhhhhh ohhh ahhhhhhhhhh.
edit on 16-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

You are right - it did - but amazing is the fact it was "rad repeatin'" tarzan and kids could say dirty stuff and he would repeat it while beatin' it, at least in the package.

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:54 AM
link   

Still laughing. Crazy meat beatin' repeatin' Tarzan. Wish I could find one of these as a prank gift. Thanks again.
edit on 16-7-2011 by ateuprto because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ateuprto

$50 bucks on e-bay. Clearly this thing has wheels. WOW. Thanks and star back to you!

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:23 AM
link   
bwhaha! Jens!!!! another great find!!!

I love the way you think!!!

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

I can't say I was ever impressed by Disney, even as a kid. Maybe I saw subconsciously their subliminal messages and ignored them.

Give me the gratuitous violence of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck and crew any day.

At least they are entertaining.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nobama
I didn't see anything wrong with the second figure,just seems to me that this is just a case of a grown man having his mind in the gutter.

Or a grown man who understands the Disney corporation.

Disney have been busted so many times using subliminal sex messages it is more than fair to assume that this is not accidental.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:37 AM
link   
reply to post by MrsBlonde

Thanks MrsBlonde! I thought it was just too obvious not to post!

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

Agreed. I think Disney may have bought those characters now...maybe not?

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:40 AM
link   
reply to post by NuclearPaul

Thanks for the backing on that! To me, it seems too obvious NOT to say, what in the???? Disney must have some directive to do this kind of thing because it pops up all over their "art".

CJ

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   

I'm sorry but I just don't see what the issue is. If people think these toys are gonna cause children to start masturbating they've got another thing coming. At a certain age everyone's going to want to do that with or without any suggestions from the media or their action figures.

I mean yeah it's funny that they seem to be in suggestive positions but they're only suggestive to us because we're familiar with what's happening there. To a kid too young to have discovered man's favorite past time it would just seem like another action figure and to a kid old enough to have discovered it it will just be funny. Chances are if I was 12-14 and had this toy I'd show it to all my friends and we'd get a good laugh out of it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Disney have been busted so many times using subliminal sex messages it is more than fair to assume that this is not accidental.

Marketing which targets a specific demographic rarely happens accidentally. And by the way, there is really nothing subliminal about the...how should I say it?...less than masculine Tarzan doll.

Do you have any idea which demographic Disney/Mattel was targeting here? Here is a hint: other than the legendary GI Joe, most heterosexual guys do not collect and play with dolls. They are more interested in futuristic hi-tech action figures than they are in some bare chested hairless jungleman who wears a tiny cloth and enjoys pounding on the snake. See where Disney was going with this? In fact, I am quite surprised the company did not release a third version with Tarzan swinging along with some buddies.

From a collectible standpoint, $50.00 is not a bad price. The problem with this doll as a collectible is the awful disproportionate design of the figure and its large bulky size. Why have Tarzan's huge thing hanging around collecting dust when you can have a premium baseball card with much better resale value at only a fraction of the size?

I don't know about you, but if a friend came over, I would rather show him my rookie Reggie Jackson card than Tarzan's...ehrrrr...hard working sweaty snake. And if I did show him Tarzan's big...ehrrrr...package, I don't think this guy would be my buddy much longer. At least I don't think he will.

In addition, the doll is gimmicky and does not make a very profound social statement, thus further diminishing its nostalgic value. Disney is smart enough to realize that human being like to spend a large amount of money and time playing with garbage such as this. From a marketing standpoint, the blatant sexual imagery in the Tarzan doll was targeting individuals of certain sexual orientation. Can't really blame them since Tarzan really does not do too well with the macho crowd.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Titen-Sxull

Ok, sure, why NOT have dolls masturbating, right? I mean, people are going to do it anyway, eh? Might as well sell some doll jerkin the proverbial? The idea is to expose people to sexual imagery as early as possible in their marketing attempts. It is a known cradle-to-grave theory.

CJ

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join