It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is how to deal with terrorists....

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:14 PM
link   
F-16 Attacks Safe House

All, this is a pilot's eye view from an F-16 doing Close Air Support during the recent fighting in Fallujah. We have been bombing insurgent "safe houses" with some success recently. This F-16 was on such a mission, to hit a house with an LGB, (laser guided bomb) when 30+ insurgents left the building to hurry to a nearby engagement with US Marines (which had been going on for hours).

The pilot communicates with a Forward Air Controller and changes the flight path of the bomb while it is in the air. See the flashing "L" in the Multi Function Display, and Target Guidance Path is selected.

The final remark from the FAC on the ground is PRICELESS. I wonder if he is from California? Turn your speakers on....

LGB vs. Terrorists

[edit on 13-8-2004 by Pyros]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 12:19 PM
link   
Amen.

Since this is the only language they seem to understand or respond to.
Anything else emboldens them.

Much like calling off the all out assault in Najaf.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:05 PM
link   
That was just sweet! This is a war and needs to be fought like a war.
Nuff Said!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:08 PM
link   
Yea, i hope you all still agree when the war comes home, because it has not come home yet.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 04:11 PM
link   
I have a book from the UK government telling me what to do when there is a terrorist attack so i am safe

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mrmonsoon
That was just sweet! This is a war and needs to be fought like a war.
Nuff Said!

Amen to that. Let the bombs fall as long as these people keep fighting.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by SiCkBoY
Yea, i hope you all still agree when the war comes home, because it has not come home yet.

Beyond a suicide bomber or something similiar...it wont come home...not to the extent of that...not anytime soon...

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 06:35 PM
link   
And if there is a WMD attack, the response will be swift and radioactive

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:35 PM
link   
It's an interesting word. It helps us to kill another human being without feeling guilty about it. Like target, or enemy, or resistance. We are right, and they are wrong. So they have to die. We can't think of these people as dads and sons fighting for their loved ones and their country, the same way we are. It would interfere with our ability to kill them. It has to be black and white in our heads. I understand. The problem is, we are more alike than we are different.
They are fighting against an occupational force, the same way we would if another country was occupying America. When we fought the British for our independance, we didn't consider ourselves "insurgents", we considered ourselves "Patriots". Funny isn't it, when the shoe is on the other foot.
Now we are in a foreign country, by mistake because of bad intelligence, killing and dying, not to protect the United States, but to make damn sure these people accept the kind of government WE want them to have. We wouldn't put up with that either. WE would be the insurgents.
We are more alike than we are different.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We like extremely simple abstractions in our world view. Good people, bad people, nothing inbetween.

We are NOT an intelligent species. We are a semi-intelligent species that imagines itself to be intelligent.

Saddam and Iraqis had nothing to do with 9-11, what the h*ll are we doing there? WMDs? None there. Secular democracy? They don't want it.

What was a stable, if evil, entity is now a chaotic mess, used to recruit more terrorists and nurture future generations of terrorists. In aggressive stupidity we have shot ourselves in the foot.

Life is NOT a checkers board with 'good' tokens and 'bad' tokens.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:06 PM
link   
Caveman
Right, wrong or indifferent, we are there. Yes, since we are there and it is a choice between them dieing or our boys dieing-I choose for them to die. It is nationalistic-I admit. Since with our current president, we have no choice but to stay there-yes I would prefer their sons and fathers to die instead of ours-there I said it!

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:30 PM
link   
We just watched 30 or so men die. In one hit. If that does not at all affect you, somewhere deep down inside, then I truly pity you.

You got my "Way Above" vote, caveman.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:34 PM
link   

Caveman
Right, wrong or indifferent, we are there. Yes, since we are there and it is a choice between them dieing or our boys dieing-I choose for them to die. It is nationalistic-I admit. Since with our current president, we have no choice but to stay there-yes I would prefer their sons and fathers to die instead of ours-there I said it!

It's a choice between Iraqis and coalition troops dying or just pulling out of Iraq and ending the occupation.
Bush and co. have decided that death for Iraqis and the Coalition troops is the preferred choice.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by AceOfBase]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 10:38 PM
link   
I don't know why I exist to witness such senseless horror. Pathetic video.

Caveman is right on the money.

[edit on 13-8-2004 by heelstone]

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:22 PM
link   
Caveman- How do you really fight the enemy then if you feel emotional for them? Really I feel bad people die too but that doesn't mean I think we should pack up and leave Iraq because still they are terroists and they will do harm to innocent people- There were fathers, sons, mothers, daughters,etc... killed during 9/11 and do you think Iraq gave a damn? do you think they cried? I think not- So why give a damn for someone that doesn't give a damn about you?

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Caveman

If it's a choice between us or them, they die. Absolutely.

And he's thinking the same thing.

See, in my mind, what sucks is that it's always a handful of guys who can't get along. I have no beef against some guy in Iraq who isn't pointing a gun at my family. The PEOPLE of America have no beef with the PEOPLE of Iraq.
But you and I get sent in to kill some other guy they have told us is the enemy. And his leaders have done the same thing.

But it's not MY fight. And it's not HIS fight.

I'd like to see the guys making the decisions put their butts out there in front. Don't ask, or expect anyone to do what you won't do yourself. Defending our loved ones against an invasion is one thing, but this...
I don't know.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:42 PM
link   
Caveman, thank you for being a voice of reason.

I just wanted to add that I am sick and tired of hearing people refer to these people as terrorists.

Only some of them have engaged in bombings against civilian targets: a minority. Most of them are there to fight the US and coalition forces who are occupying their country: soldiers. Are we such pussies that we need to call the soldiers confronting our boys 'terrorists'? Or is it that the propaganda the Bush administration has spun over these Iraqi insurgents has completely brainwashed us into seeing a terrorist in everyone that opposes us?

My way above vote goes to Caveman too, and if I could give way below votes, they would go to Pyros, Spidergooch and Mrmonsoon.

That is all.

U.

posted on Aug, 13 2004 @ 11:56 PM
link   
Nice video man, reminds me of the 1991 videos on TV of the laser guided bombs dropping on bagdhad. Keep em dropping on the terorists

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by upuaut
My way above vote goes to Caveman too, and if I could give way below votes, they would go to Pyros, Spidergooch and Mrmonsoon.

That is all.

U.

You know, we live in the United States. That's UNITED States. I for one am very glad that there are people like Pyros, Spidergooch and Mrmonsoon who are willing to put their life on the line for me. I sleep better at night knowing that. I just want to make damn sure that we properly identify our enemy before I vote to send anyone to their deaths.

America is not one man, it's a nation of teachers and plumbers and grandmothers and paper boys like every other nation on the planet. We are no better and no worse than any one else. It's always a few hot heads that can't get along. And then they force you and I to fight each other to solve THEIR problems. The PEOPLE of America have no beef with the PEOPLE of Iraq. It's their leaders and our leaders who have issues. Maybe we should put them all in a room and give them box cutters and let them fight it out. I don't know.

posted on Aug, 14 2004 @ 12:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by caveman

Originally posted by upuaut

That is all.

U.

You know, we live in the United States. That's UNITED States. I for one am very glad that there are people like Pyros, Spidergooch and Mrmonsoon who are willing to put their life on the line for me. I sleep better at night knowing that. I just want to make damn sure that we properly identify our enemy before I vote to send anyone to their deaths.

Nah... I would rather they not lay down their lives if it is to kill people who never threatened our country, let alone acted against it before we started raining bombs on theirs. Unity is no good if its an illusion, and I refuse to pretend I have any respect for their attitude, no matter what their profession is. Being a US citizen doesn't mean I have to like or appreciate other US citizens who cheer at the deaths of thirty people killed by a bomb the cost of which could feed several Iraqi families for years.

I'm glad there are people ready to lay down their lives to defend America, but not that there are people like Pyros, Spidergooch and MrMonsoon who are.

America is not one man, it's a nation of teachers and plumbers and grandmothers and paper boys like every other nation on the planet. We are no better and no worse than any one else.

True.

It's always a few hot heads that can't get along. And then they force you and I to fight each other to solve THEIR problems. The PEOPLE of America have no beef with the PEOPLE of Iraq. It's their leaders and our leaders who have issues. Maybe we should put them all in a room and give them box cutters and let them fight it out. I don't know.

I hope this remains true. I hope it is still true. Humans are humans, and before long, the people of Iraq may indeed have issues with the people of the US if we don't pull out and apologize for our c*ck-up. To tell you the truth, I believe it is too late. I believe the gates of hell were opened when we invaded. I am an optimist at heart, bu in this current situation, I see no positive outcome from the chain of events Bush has set in motion.

I know, how unamerican of me to shoot straight about how bad things look rather than smile and say 'we'll fix it like we always do'! What can I tell you: I don't like the taste of BS in my own mouth

U.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join