It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The venus project.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
I truly think that a venus type project is the only way at this point that mankind can advance.
Without something along these lines,we're setting ourselfs up for failure.
Mr.fresco has been working to rethink and solve millions of problems that plague the human race.
I hold this man on par with some of the great thinkers of the past.
At 94 years old Jaque Fresco is getting old and I would hope his lessons do not go unheard.
for those who have not heard of "THE VENUS PROJECT" or jaques work,here is a link to a good documentary about the project.

link: www.documentarywire.com...

Again "bandaids" arent enough at this point we have to rethink and adapt.

hope you enjoy.

Spike Spiegle
edit on 093131p://pm3110 by Spike Spiegle because: to mods i could not find out how to change forum sorry please make the right changes

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Spike Spiegle

Totally agree with you

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Great! greenco good to know.

Ps: Mods I placed this in the wrong forum sorry.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
We will never live in harmony with nature. I have seen people that have paved their lawn for reasons I cannot even begin to understand. I guess mowing it once every week or two was too much work. "To hell with nature" right?

I would love to live in a world like that, but I don't see it ever happening. It would be too expensive to start a new city from the ground up, and it would be too difficult to create.

I don't think a city will ever become anything more than concrete and steel sky scrapers unimaginatively built side-by-side, with all forms of nature bulldozed (except a few trees growing right out of the pavement and a few parks).
edit on 7/15/2011 by Adyta because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
We must begin to see past such things as money and work towards a resource based economy.
Hence money would no longer be an issue.
Of course givin our way of life at present(cyclical consumption)and our fiat money(money printed out of thin air),
I would have to agree with you.
Even jaque says that he is doubtful that a "venus project could be attained before a global collapse.
But! we must not give up simply saying"this is a utopian dream" or 'this is startrek",for it is not.
Its a real life plan,that when it comes to technology we can do now.

Spike Spiegle

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:21 AM
link   
reply to post by Adyta

Hi why so cheery? Is there no hope for anything in Your opinion. There must be something You can add inspiration to. There are already plenty folk out there offering Doom and Gloom. Have a look at this it may be the best 4 minutes You've had for a while. With respect.
Paul.
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   
@paul star for you for that video seriously that needs to be seem by all people on this planet.

As for TVP ... well they need to start a fund raiser to try to build a city as close as possible to what Mr. Fresco imagined ..

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
doom and gloom? did you even watch the video?
this thread tries to bring jaques work into peoples thinking.
thats all
edit on 103131p://am3151 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
I think it is a good idea.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 12:24 AM
link   
I wonder if people are able to make this kind of project happen. To make something like this happen there would have to be a lot of people on board to go along with it. This is a great idea for changing our cities but a new way of thinking has got to come along first.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
This is what really needs to happen. Its unfortunate that we are stuck in the repeating cycle we're in. Its also unfortunate that the leaders that we currently have would never be able to make it a reality.
edit on 20-7-2011 by Rellix because: spelling

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
I think the hardest part is the transition to such a system. It would be nice, but right now its only a dream for the average folk. The opportunity to change, comes when this system collapses and/or removal of the elite thats against it.

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by etombo

What we can do.

•Learn more about the direction of The Venus Project through our books and DVD's. If you can’t afford to purchase them, we provide many free in our Downloads section.
•Talk to others about The Venus Project and the Resource-Based Economy concepts.
•Start group meetings in your area to show relevant films from The Venus Project & join or start one of our global activism teams.
•Translate The Venus Project website and other materials into different languages to help toward full global awareness.
If you would like to help in this way, please contact Ray for information.
•Help set up lectures at conferences, colleges or universities for The Venus Project.
•Sign Aaron Vannatta's Petition for The Venus Project.
•Initiate your own online radio shows &/or introduce the concepts on live radio shows.
•Consider ways to create positive TV exposure for the Venus Project.
•Write and submit magazine articles about the Resource-Based Economy concepts or about The Venus Project itself.
•Write poems, make music, create animations about this new direction. If you would like them presented on this website, please submit them here.
•Discuss RBE concepts and The Venus Project on blogs and forums.
•If you have any ideas to promote and expose this direction that are related to your own skills and connections, we would love to hear from you.
•The Venus Project is asking for donations to develop a feature length major motion picture focused on life within a resource-based economy. It will depict living in clean, sustainable cities and will show how we get from here to there, while answering many of the typical questions people pose. It will be an awakening to many as it portrays, in detail, a global civilization which secures, protects, and encourages a much more humane world for all people. Please visit our Donations page if you are able to contribute anything toward making this happen. Also, if you know anyone in the movie industry who may identify with this direction, please introduce them to The Venus Project and get in touch with us

Spike Spiegle

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Thank you for expressing your views about my Venus Project. You are right, it is the only way the human race will survive.
P.S. Nibiru is Near

posted on Jul, 20 2011 @ 05:05 PM
link   
reply to post by JaqueFresco

Well that's what I'm here for.
Jaque fresco,is that your real name?

Spike Spiegle

ps:here's the video from the OP.

edit on 063131p://pm3127 by Spike Spiegle because: embedded a video

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Hey Spike,

repost of the video.. (I believe) along with a few more I thought were very interesting..

edit on 29-7-2011 by Komodo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 29 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
I am all for TVP.

I am dubious however about contributing money to system which makes clear that the monetary system is redundant and corrupt. Educating the population needs to be the focus of the programme and this and any materials needed should be donated by those who are passionate about it. The cities do not need to be built first, that can be done over time as we use and adjust the infrastructure we already have.

A large population of believers could pull it off, especially when this system collapses.

Just my thoughts

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Threegirls
I am all for TVP.

I am dubious however about contributing money to system which makes clear that the monetary system is redundant and corrupt. Educating the population needs to be the focus of the programme and this and any materials needed should be donated by those who are passionate about it. The cities do not need to be built first, that can be done over time as we use and adjust the infrastructure we already have.

A large population of believers could pull it off, especially when this system collapses.

Just my thoughts

the plan, from what i understand is NOT to "build the cities first" - it is to build ONE "test city" - as an example. once people were able to see it WORK, they would be more inclined to donate things out of "passion," not to mention it would increase the number of "believers" TO donate out of passion. i see NO reason to wait UNTIL "this system collapses" to start getting the information and the example out there.

also, the way i see it, why would anyone be apprehensive about donating funds to a project like this? look at all the crap people waste their money on ANYWAY, like cigarettes. if you're just going to blow it anyway, toss some of it in the direction that may benefit your children and grandchildren. i have seen people blow their money on things MUCH less noble than this. it isn;t like any of us posting in this thread are multi-billionaires and we are talking about some huge donation. lmao. five, ten, twenty bucks... why not? seems like a worthy project to me. just sayin.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spike Spiegle
doom and gloom? did you even watch the video?
this thread tries to bring jaques work into peoples thinking.
thats all
edit on 103131p://am3151 by Spike Spiegle because: (no reason given)

if you look closely, that person's comment was a reply to the comment before in which the poster claimed that it is unattainable, etc. that particular post was negative, and the responder was just saying basically to NOt bring the doom and gloom into this thread, that there is plenty enough of it out there already, and to instead get inspired by something and that this is a GOOD thing to get inspired about
sorry for interjecting... it's just that i read the thread and saw where the miscommunication was and wanted to sort of mediate and clear it up, because i think this is a great topic and a great thread and would like to see it continue and not just fade off into the murky depths of the forum.

posted on Sep, 6 2011 @ 05:00 PM
link   
is it just me or does anyone else look at the shapes of everything in this project and think "crop circle" lol

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join