It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I think I just had a timeline slip

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
Friday nights are movie night so today I was looking for a movie I stumbled across the movie Limitless (don't ask where). I could have sworn we already saw the movie after we rented it on DVD. I asked my dad and he said we haven't seen it, so I got it (again don't ask where). I watched the movie and asked multiple times if we already saw it. We hadn't.

For those of you who don't know, Limitless is a movie about this guy who finds out and takes this drug that gives him practically limitless (pun intended) mental capacity and an ability to do anything. He quickly takes advantage and it doesn't come without risk...

I literally remember coming downstairs one Friday night and seeing my dad and brothers watching the movie after the rented it on DVD from RedBox. I came down at the part where the mafia-esque guys were breaking into his apartment. I remember the entire fight scene as well as the part where he drank the guys blood to get high on the drug, along with my dad's reaction both times. I even remember commenting, half joking, "I guess he's a vampire now too."

It couldn't have been deja vu because I literally remember the entire fight scene and the reaction of my dad, yet apparently I haven't seen the movie. I also could have sworn there was a different ending, this seemed a little abrupt. I just wanted to post this on here to see what all of you thought or if you've had something similar.
edit on 15-7-2011 by mossme89 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   
reply to post by mossme89

Could you have seen a trailer of it on Youtube or Apple trailers when it was released in theaters and those are the parts you recall seeing before?

edit on 15-7-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheLieWeLive

Could you have seen a trailer of it on Youtube or Apple trailers when it was released in theaters and those are the parts you recall seeing before?

edit on 15-7-2011 by TheLieWeLive because: (no reason given)

I saw the trailer, but it couldn't have been it. I remember the entire 5 minute fight scene at the end, even little things like the thug's eye being poked out and the main character losing the pill, along with the narrator talking about the former owner having a drug problem/

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
I actually have had something simillar like this happen, although not with a movie as cool as limitless!

Anyone remember this guy? I clearly remember most of this video and watching it with my friends. Then maybe 3 months later, my friends are all like "dude you have to see this funny ass movie". they turned it on and I said "haven't we seen this before?" My friends like to replay stuff they find really funny multiple times, so I know I didn't just think I had seen it. Yet my friends said that this is brand new stuff, even the date was recent.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
If Sicily keeps jumping ahead 20 minutes, all that extra time had to go somewhere.

Seriously, that's pretty creepy, OP, and that someone else had a very similar experience recently. I've felt it before, but I not recently.
edit on 7/15/2011 by new_here because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:25 AM
link   

Not sure i would call it a timeslip....My wife and i havn't figured out what to call it....

We call it DeJa Vu, but what my wife experiences is way bigger than that....Personally, i have the normal dejavu...By normal i meen i have a feeling that 'we've been here before' or whatever, but my wife seriously relives whole events..It's happened to her a dozen times or more....

The most impressive one that i've witnessed was my wife, standing at her desk, cut our conversation short with a sentence that didn't fit what we were talking about...

Mid conversation, She comes out with "The MLS dues need to be paid but we havn't heard from Patricia yet.." or something to that effect and just as i was about to ask her what the hell she was talking about i hear the SAME SENTENCE echoed a few rooms over and down the hall from the office manager...very strange, and i was there to witness it...

While it confuses my wife, she dosn't seem bothered by it...

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:33 AM
link   
Guys, watch the anime series "The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya". Season two (though they aren't that easy to separate so just watch it all) deals with this sort of thing. Interesting stuff. Food for thought, for sure.

top topics

join