It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Where is the outrage and/or attention on ATS on Murdoch's (owner of Fox News) phone hacking scandal

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Becoming

Want to know why I used Fox News in the title?

Because when most people in the US see News International, they aren't going to think that it has any affiliations with Fox News.

And by the way.....Skeptic Overlord, the owner of this website, did the same exact thing you accuse me of just a few days ago with the Huffington Post.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The OP and thread title is different than what it was originally, but he essentially was coming to the point where media can't be trusted.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   
No one is outraged because most already knew ....and I think many of us perhaps smell a rat.

Personally I think he did a deal with the Chinese that really got the Intels mad.

But that is just a hunch.

There has never been ethics in Journalism, those with ethics get spat out and become conspiracy theorists.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

Then this thread is for fox haters and really has nothing to do with the actual scandal going on.

Look, nobody is going to bad mouth their boss. We would see other News agencies not covering this story if their owners was caught in this scandal. So I don't see what the big deal is about.

Plenty of juicy gossip to go around with this scandal without ATS having to endure yet another FNC bashing thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
reply to post by David9176

Whats your point?

I just see another tired Fox News bashing thread.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
I'm not angry because I'm not surprised, and I'm pretty confident nothing will happen and Murdoch will come out of the s*** smelling like roses with a brand new shiny and colourful Sunday supplement which the masses will just HAVE TO get their hands on for the 'latest' gossip. Then begins once again the process of attacking that publication.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   

I've never seen a fox news report in my life but i did find it interesting that they're not covering it as it confirms what i've seen in the UK media thats owned by News International. If a real debate about the corruption that's being uncovered in the practices of News International isn't to your taste then there's more than enough other topics to comment on.

A valid question would be do you follow Fox news and consider their news coverage "good" ?
edit on 15-7-2011 by Hopeforeveryone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Expired

That makes sense with the Chinese since his media has been pushing very close to a default which would obviously hurt China since they own so many treasuries...but then again...he owns Chinese Media. Saudi Prince/King owns a huge piece of News International...funny how that works...eh?

But who knows really.

You make the point that everyone knows this is happening.....well everyone knows the government is corrupted...yet tons of threads on it.

If Ron Paul farts, it's guaranteed to get other people who will fart because he did....and they will talk about how great that fart was.

I'm just stating that this scandal isn't getting enough attention here on ATS. You would think something of this magnitude would have it's own forum that ATS often creates for big controversies or problems. For a man that has this much power over the entire world you'd think it would get some more attention.

Nothing is happening....there is little discussion...few threads on this. That is really the point I'm making. If this is reminiscent of the visitors of this website, then it proves how far right it has become if they are willing to ignore the implications of what it could all be.
edit on 15-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Of course that's all you see, now turn the computer off and watch the repeat of O'Reilly that is on right now. Has he said anything about it? (oops. i'm sorry, Gretchen is on now...O'Reilly is on after)

How about any of them?????????

Fair and Balanced???

Damnit if this was CNN and MSNBC i would be raising hell about it the same....but obviously your blinders are set on Fox News and Murdoch....
edit on 15-7-2011 by David9176 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   

I guess not many people are overly worried about shady billionaires influencing public opinion and politicians in underhanded ways. This topic is HUGE as it touches on concepts like freedom of the press, coruption within politics and public workers, public interest, privacy, non elected individuals influencing society and the power they gain from that, why it's just huge and will probably change the way both politics and journalism works, ( to some degree I'm not too hopefull ! )

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
I dunno - seems like there have been a few pop up. I did quick search on it and found...

That's just the ones I grabbed from a quick search. They may not all have the same level of outrage you are looking for - but it looks like its being discussed..

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   

I actually don't watch Fox news or any other news channel.

Seems to me that you are pretty up to date as to what is on Fox news since you know that a repeat of O'Rielly is on. I'm actually watching Blazzing Saddles right now on CMT. After that I will be watching Real Time with Bill Maher that I have DVRing right now. I don't really like his political or religous views, but I do find him hilarious.

But I appreciate your ignorant jabs at someone you know absolutely nothing about.

Now lets not derail you fox news bashing thread. You continue bashing and I will continue to say how tired it is getting.

Proceed.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Frogs

That is quite a few but the more the merrier ! It's a hot topic in the UK and hopefully will be in the US once they shine the light of investigation into News Internationals business practices. When all of his UK holdings are scrapped or sold then I'm off to the local to buy everyone a pint.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Hopeforeveryone

I agree with you that all his holding should be scrapped and all his companies should be investigated in their practices. Hopefully this was just an isolated incident involving a crappy gossip rag and doesn't involve any real news buisnesses he owns.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

It was News Of The World which started it ( which is an odd name as the news is mostly about celebrities and who they're jumping on) but he also own's The Sun and The Times. The times used to be a half decent paper before he took it over and the Sun, well it's the worst paper you're ever likely to read and has page 3 models who appear topless, which is a good indicator of the type of newspaper it is. He also own's Sky which seems to have most of the good tv on in the UK so many will be sad that's going , if it does go.

I think his editors and journalists just got sloppy as they've been doing the same sort of tricks for decades and people just finally got tired of it. In reality i'll be glad when its all over as all the other media companies are doing it to death and are delighted, you can see the glee on their faces when they talk about this topic !!

It's been a long time coming and his enemies, who are numerous are sharpening the knives for the take down.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Becoming

Sorry...the dissociation and deflection doesn't work, Fox is an arm of this empire and it is not a matter of partisan politics...though there may be a degree of partisan satisfaction at play. Or is the FBI a mere extension of that evil American Left. It's bigger than Beck and O'Reilley (and Fox fans)...it's being played out on the world stage. Like my cop friend likes to say "Suck it up, Buttercup"
edit on 15-7-2011 by JohnnyCanuck because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hopeforeveryone

It was News Of The World which started it ( which is an odd name as the news is mostly about celebrities and who they're jumping on) but he also own's The Sun and The Times. The times used to be a half decent paper before he took it over and the Sun, well it's the worst paper you're ever likely to read and has page 3 models who appear topless, which is a good indicator of the type of newspaper it is. He also own's Sky which seems to have most of the good tv on in the UK so many will be sad that's going , if it does go.

I think his editors and journalists just got sloppy as they've been doing the same sort of tricks for decades and people just finally got tired of it. In reality i'll be glad when its all over as all the other media companies are doing it to death and are delighted, you can see the glee on their faces when they talk about this topic !!

It's been a long time coming and his enemies, who are numerous are sharpening the knives for the take down.

Ok so as of right now the scandal is about a crappy gossip rag. Can't really expect much from leaches like them. Has there been anything that indicates that Murdoch new what that trash rag was doing?

The reason I ask is that apparently he owns many many news buisnesses and usually people who are as rich and who owns as many buisnesses such as he does don't have any direct hand with how it is being ran. Unfortuanetly they don't bother with them as long as they are brining in money.

If that is the case then he is only guilty of owning a trash rag. If he did know about their practices then I hope his world comes crashing down on his rich butt.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
i can't see how murdoch can be responsible for a rogue employee.

that was one paper in his "empire".

hacking into the phones doesn't make sense to me anyway.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:32 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

i can't see how murdoch can be responsible for a rogue employee. that was one paper in his "empire". hacking into the phones doesn't make sense to me anyway.

There have been 9 arrests.....it's not one "rogue" employee.

Let's take a reboot.

What if this was MSNBC...or any other group you don't agree with ideologically....how would you feel then?

Would you be so willing to write it off as you are now?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:56 PM
link   

Yes you make a valid point..indeed on reflection, are you perhaps saying that some are somehow afraid to comment?
This is perhaps valid, unless thats not what you are hinting?

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
be careful, it's ongoing.

One of The Guardian reports(Gordon Brown/The Sun article on his son) was rushed... The cropped area, Reuters news and full page 36 linked(because of 444 kbyte size).

Guardian apologizes for Sun "medical records" story

www.reuters.com/article/2011/07/15/us-newscorp-guardian-idUSTRE76E19320110715

LONDON | Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:59am EDT

LONDON (Reuters) - The Guardian newspaper apologized on Friday for reporting that the Sun, part of Rupert Murdoch's News International stable, had obtained information about former prime minister Gordon Brown's son from medical records.

(...)

Full uncropped page 36 files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/411216d97ba7.png

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join