It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Economic Situation and Student Loans from Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:52 PM
link   
I'm a college student and in September I will be starting my third year. I have student loans from the government that I rely on to pay my yearly fees. With all of the hype going on about the worldwide economic struggles and the United States possibly not sending out social security checks, I thought it would be appropriate to ask if my student loans would still be paid amid a crisis.

So today I called studentloans.gov and they could not answer my questions. I tried asking if the money they offered me is already budgeted for, I asked if my tuition would still be paid for even if a crisis strikes, and I asked a few similar questions..And all she said was sir I do not know.

I'm aware that a lot of the politicians are playing their best poker faces right now and spreading fear to Americans. So I just wanted to throw this question out there..what would happen to student loans and those young people like me that rely on the government for schooling if things don't go so swell? Will they still get paid or will they withhold things like that too?

This is something that was on my mind today and I thought I would share it. If this isn't the right topic to put this in could a Mod please move this it's the wrong place? I'm sorry I'm new to ats

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemini67

I'm in school, too, and I'm wondering the exact same thing. I'm honestly not sure. I get the feeling that we'll get a better luck than Social Security recipients simply because the government stands to make profits in the long run off our loans.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Gemini67

Good question, if you find out let us know. My husband is using loans for his college too so I'm hoping they'll provide the loans so we have a bit longer before we have to start paying them back.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
your school will crumble since most likely they are getting school funding from the state and fed, youll just get some time off, enjoy the sun

posted on Aug, 13 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Kind of a weird video but just pay attention.

Not to fear monger but they apparently have means of achieving their agenda.

new topics

top topics

join