It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Humans CAN win a war against ET's!!!

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:29 PM
link   
Why would ET's who have the knowledge and understanding to live long enought to figure out a way to cross the universe with ease have a grudge against the human race? If anything they probably look upon us much like we look upon monkeys in a zoo. We will fascinate them but we will not threaten them.

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
@OP:

Wow... that whole post is just... so...

... Naive, I guess is the polite way to put it.

I dont think you have any real conception of the technological scaling in all sciences that would take place if a species were at the point of fast interstellar travel, let alone fast intergalactic travel. The technology they would possess would literally seem like magic to you and I, and if they truly wanted humanity eradicated, not you, nor I, nor a united planet, could stop them.

And really, an advanced alien species would fear a human or a group of them about as much as a human would fear a fruit fly. I think youve been watching to much TV. Turn off "Falling Skies". They are having you delude yourself.

Originally posted by HumansRuleTheGalaxy

HUMANS RULE THE GALAXY (or we will soon enough)

And you wonder why hypothetical aliens would be out to destroy humanity....
edit on 8/6/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

edit on 8/6/2011 by CaticusMaximus because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 6 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Good theory and I like it.
But you're basing it on stories written by humans... Not aliens..

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

And really, an advanced alien species would fear a human or a group of them about as much as a human would fear a fruit fly.
I agree with you, although I don't think this is a fair comparison. I think it would be more like, the aliens would fear us about as much as the United States fears the country of Ghana.
reply to post by CaticusMaximus

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaticusMaximus
@OP:

Wow... that whole post is just... so...

... Naive, I guess is the polite way to put it.

I dont think you have any real conception of the technological scaling in all sciences that would take place if a species were at the point of fast interstellar travel, let alone fast intergalactic travel. The technology they would possess would literally seem like magic to you and I, and if they truly wanted humanity eradicated, not you, nor I, nor a united planet, could stop them.

This is correct. The technology is quite imaginable even now. Consider that engineered control of inertia or gravity, presumably necessary for technological interstellar travel, also means that you can easily push an asteroid. Beyond this, no magic is necessary.

Newtonian mechanics is all you need then to get a set of asteroids coming in from the direction of the Sun thereby being difficult to spot ahead of time.

This also means that privately owned inertia-controlling spacecraft will never happen, because each one is a Weapon of Civilizational Extermination until we have a strong police fleet and sensors looking out for rogue rocks.

I dont think you have any real conception of the technological scaling in all sciences that would take place if a species were at the point of fast interstellar travel, let alone fast intergalactic travel.

Possibly. But hypothetically it needn't be so, we could discover some technology for inertial control and in 25 years produce say a Black Triangle, and we still couldn't cure cancer. After all, think back to somebody 300 years ago. We can do magic like talk on phones around the globe. We cannot read minds, or cure schizophrenia. We do not live on the Moon. We still farm and eat and poop.

The barriers to ETs wiping us out are (a) lack of motivation (b) constraints by other powerful ETs (c) nonexistence of ETs close by.

Much more likely I see ET politics as working like the Cold War: various powerful factions would attempt to gain the loyalty and resources of the poor and weak. We could be more valuable alive than dead---and then the threat is from enemies of anyone we ally with, if we bet on the wrong horse.
edit on 7-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-8-2011 by mbkennel because: (no reason given)

posted on Aug, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
We have already lost the war and simply do not even know it yet. We are being kept in our zoo, planet earth, and are being observed, as we do animals in our own zoo. Ours is just nicer then the counterparts. There isn't any form of contest, outside of spiritual intervention that could allow us any kind of an upper hand with them, we simply do not have the means and we never will until we grow up as a race culturally, and they allow it.
edit on 7-8-2011 by saucerguy because: misspelled

posted on Aug, 10 2011 @ 08:06 AM
link   

HUMANS RULE THE GALAXY (or we will soon enough)
I'm sorry this attitude right here is why we would not rule the Galaxy. Even though, as far as we know may very well.

If we had an encounter with a Gray species as you described in your post we may be able to squash an invasion IF they met us on the ground. As far as most signs point Grays aren't violent in nature however if provoked I think they'd be quite the force to reckon with Seeing as they have force fields and a ray that can paralyze abduction victims. I would think the Grays would take a more strategic approach to avoid ground fighting IE: Biological weapons, Chemical or energy weapons. Which I'm sure they could deploy from their flying vehicles with out ever stepping foot on Earth soil. However the most likely take over in my opinion would take place with many many years of genetics. A stealthy peaceful take over/assimilation of our species into their society. Their Advanced Technology and efficient use of their mind/bodies is far superior to our primitive technology and thinking. It's fact we only use a small portion of our Brains. I'm sure the billions of years into their evolution has provided them with the use and practice of their minds full potential. It's exactly our primitive response of violence that has left them in dreams and conspiracies all over our globe. Don't get me wrong, If I felt a violent take over and the existence of both myself and my earthly brothers were at stake I would fight to the bitter end with out a shadow of a doubt, but I ultimately feel we would succumb to their greater numbers and vast number of potential allies.

However if you speak of another commonly mentioned Reptilian ET I think even on the ground we would succumb to their greater physical abilities. I really don't have much to say on this as I've heard little besides they are much like many reptiles just humanoid in form and relentlessly violent when they see fit.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join