It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

2011 World Military Strength Ranking released (Top 20)

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
reply to post by CountDrac

After reading the criteria involved to rank the nations I am a bit confused. If they simply go by the numbers, then how did the Us make number 1? China has us beat hands down in several area, including the size fo their military, reserves etc.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

they dont only go by number
edit on 15-7-2011 by CountDrac because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
there's also this, but alas its Wikipedia so who knows how true the numbers are(you have to play with the sorting squares*with 2 triangles in it : P*)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by michael1983l

again, can we please refrain from insults?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:49 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   

so now you lump people based on nationality? that is ignorance right there

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beobachter

so now you lump people based on nationality? that is ignorance right there

After 50 years of superiority complex I think I have a right to point out your nation is #ed. Im sure it was only last week that the so called super powers president threatend to go bankrupt.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
reply to post by Beobachter

The only insult here is the steriotypical thick as pig # american population. You lot deserve to go down based on your stupidity and natural ignorance.

The sad fact is the UK and France havent won a war in almost 200 years. Its been Americans keeping your failboat from sinking for most of that time.

My top military powers based on PERFORMANCE i.e. winning:

1.USA
2.Russia
3.Israel

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

China invades U.S. with 'free-trade zones'....
...China has decided to invade the United States, not with tanks and airplanes, but with an army of workers to develop what are being called "free-trade zones" within the U.S., Jerome Corsi's Red Alert reports.
Officials of the China National Machinery Industry Corporation have suggested developing a technology zone occupying 10,000 to 30,000 acres south of the Boise airport for industry, retail centers and homes.

www.wnd.com...
man
some of you guys are slow on the uptake

as BDS said upthread
Israel
and the bankers have
after selling all the U$ military secrets to the Chinese
are now selling the US to the chinese
..NO GUNS ABOUT IT

not as much fun to watch as "Shucks and Awwwww...." on FAUX
but oddly satisfying none the less
edit on 15-7-2011 by Danbones because: PS My sympathies to those of you who get it...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
im American and i don't like my government, if fact i don't trust any government, ill be the first to say my government is out of control, but in this day and age, whos isnt? we should all just remember we are all humans from planet earth and in order to best understand each other and unite based on common ideals we should drop what the fact of nation we are from, cmon, dont be part of the problem
edit on 15-7-2011 by Beobachter because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

The only insult here is the steriotypical thick as pig # american population. You lot deserve to go down based on your stupidity and natural ignorance.

The sad fact is the UK and France havent won a war in almost 200 years. Its been Americans keeping your failboat from sinking for most of that time.

1.USA
2.Russia
3.Israel

well israel really kicked the US's butt
when they sank the USS Liberty

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Count Chocula

1.USA
2.Russia
3.Israel

Hahahaha keep them coming. The UK has won more wars than america due to one inevitable fact, we have thousands of years more hostory than your 600, ;ey alone the fact we colonized you/ Britain and France are far superior to the inferior USA who wont join a world war until it is already won. You yanks are pathetic, your a spent force just like UK. Get used to it
edit on 15-7-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by CountDrac

After reading the criteria involved to rank the nations I am a bit confused. If they simply go by the numbers, then how did the Us make number 1? China has us beat hands down in several area, including the size fo their military, reserves etc.

Um…… what areas are you referring to?

They do have a larger portion of their population fit for service.
618M vs 120M
They do have a larger number of people in active forces by a percentage.
2.2M vs 1.5M

So, yes, having a larger number of people is good…. But
If they have nothing to fight with, then they are going to do no good just standing around as cannon fodder.

China doesn’t have even close to enough guns to arm every one!

Their defense budget is 1/7 of the US.

They have fewer tanks and APCs.
The ones they do have are far lower quality
They DO have more self propelled guns, and MLRSs

They have a far smaller air force by any leap of the imagination.

China’s Navy….. what Navy? Ow….. yea they do have a few more frigates.
But the US has more of everything else. duh.....

And the reason china has more patrol and coastal ships in the navy than the US is….
The US has an isolated “coast guard” that isn’t counted in the navy numbers, while china includes it’s coast guard forces as part of it’s navy.

And you also have other “official classification” effects skewing the numbers like that.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Mr Tranny because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   

don't forget the fact that those colonies broke off from the British because of corruption and oppression

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:03 PM
link   
not to mention the french and the brits have been winning wars against each other all along

I guess 1812 was not quite 200 years ago...
remember?
the british navy in its bid to prevent the annexation of Canada by the US
burnt down the whitehouse and went home bored.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Beobachter

don't forget the fact that those colonies broke off from the British because of corruption

And the fact half of them now wished they hadn't. Ask any Jamacan that. Good luck convincing the world you are the just country to teach us all the way to live.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   
After that live TV rally in Libya where about half a million Libyans showed up armed by Kahdaffi..
I hear Debka file says Nato wants Russia to negotiate a peace with Lybia

The Libyan War ends. Obama makes Moscow peace broker. NATO halts strikes

www.debka.com...

bakkk bakk bakkk!

I think the list is a bit bogus
edit on 15-7-2011 by Danbones because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by boondock-saint
Since the USA, Britain and France are all proxies
for Israel. That puts Israel at the top of the list.

Get a life. Pointless comment.

To topic.

These military rankings are fraught with problems. Necessarily they are just based on statistics which have some arbitrary weighting.

China may be big, but the army is focussed on internal repression and the air force of around 2,000 airframes consisted mainly of museum pieces in 2006. In the same year a third of Russia’s air force was described as “permanently unserviceable”.

On the other hand the US and Russia could kill us all in nuclear Armageddon, so the “strongest” is moot. The other nuclear nations could probably lay waste to anyone who seriously threatened them. Therefore (and simplistically) the ranking should go in order of the number of nukes OR nukes should be out of the equation and the focus would be on conventional warfare. You cannot have both in a ranking.

I am merely suggesting that a pinch of salt is applied to any military rankings. Perhaps conventional capability per capita would be more revealing. In that case I’d go for Luxembourg or (at a push), Andorra.

Regards

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:07 PM
link   

im not saying we should tell others what to do, i think it wrong to do that(fav movie is team america world police funny as hell)

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join