It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO over South Africa on Google Earth, very clear picture

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 09:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cryptonomicon
Here's a link to the actual photo outside of Google Earth. It's from the 360 Cities photo site:
www.360cities.net/image/good-hope-2

The photographer's name is Vasiliy Nikitenko. He appears to be Russian. It's probably faked by him for either fun or self-promotion.

Personally I think his account should be pulled for pulling these kinds of shenanigans.
edit on 15-7-2011 by Cryptonomicon because: (no reason given)

Well, guess what? This is no pixelated-blurry-low-res image. It's a 360° panorama assembled with hi-def samples. So, give me ONE evidence to assume it's a photoshop "shenanigan"?? Why are you jumping so fast to ask the banning of the OP, if you didn't present a single evidence that this picture was manipulated???

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:18 AM
link   
I can't tell if this photo is real or not. It looks good. There is just too many good fakers these days. It does look allot like the one I saw up close when I was a child, so I'm kinda thinkin' it might be the real deal. None of us will ever know for sure.

Good find! S&F

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by Thrust
it is from that i want to believe poster which was in x-files.

case closed imo

For all you know that pic in the X-files poster could well be real and they are using it to slowly try and tell the people.

I mean, they have to do it slowly. Look at the comments people have made on here. They are not ready for it.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by smurfy
Well it is the classic UFO shape, Billy Mier did not invent that anyway

There is noticeable colour bleed around the UFO although that alone does not make it fake, but it does make it look like the picture has been messed with.

I used to think that color bleeds mean that the pic is fake until I noticed that my own pics also have color bleeds. So, yes, color bleeds don't correlate to the pic being fake.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Interesting... Looks like a Corinthian Mark2 ASTRAEL craft to me....could be the Mark3 version tho.

WTF people say????

Hasnt anyone heard about the Koldasians and the famous communications between Valdar and Edwin from the early 60s thru the 70s in South Africa?

The Koldasians are regular visitor to South Africa, Australia and other places, they interact with Earthlings as a study. They are Human just like us.

They usually land on the local beaches in cover of darkness...usually.

rune.galactic.to...

Of course we can only take this information on face value, and the debunkers will debunk and the believers will believe and "never the Twain shall meet".

Also on the 360 view, why arent the people who are walking, blurry?
And yes we know UFOs travel at various speeds, from hover to fast as hell.....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
Again we will probably never know thanks to some people.

What I will say is this type of ship is correct it is the one the Beings that monitor and protect Earth use. Golly gee now how would I know that

edit on 16-7-2011 by observe50 because: typo

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by tpg65

Originally posted by Chadwickus
reply to post by tpg65

If it's moving IN THEORY it should turn up again.

If it was moving too fast to be captured more than once it should show motion blur.

If it was hovering, why aren't people staring at it taking photos of it???

Sorry if you can't bring yourself to look at this objectively.

It did turn up again . Go to the first page of this thread ( roughly halfway down) and take a look at the image that contains our friend in the hood . Now look diagonally up to the left of the UFO , following the line the UFO would naturally take . You will notice a motion blurred object . Now depending on the stitching of the images , this could easily be the ufo as it is leaving .

How's that for objectivity ?
edit on 29/05/2011 by tpg65 because: (no reason given)

Good catch:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b1daf7b23917.jpg[/atsimg]

Score another one for the "It's genuine" side.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   
I've no doubt there are more than a few folk out there who have managed to take some excellent photos of a u.f.o. that has been hovering close by, but refuse to go public with them because they are just "too good"! When it comes to publishing u.f.o. pics it's a no-win situation, especially when posted on a site such as this one where it seems most people are all too ready to pounce and label the photographer as a hoaxer, without even knowing anything about the person. It's too bad that there are folk who will post hoaxed photos, but we still have the old oil paintings that show what could only be advanced flying craft.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
I also have checked this out, and the photo is legit. Its not a ufo, I would say its a small cesta like airplane that is distorted.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Mr_skepticc

A cesta? You mean a Cessna right? lazy mind...

The best way to check is to do your own image work, crop the questionable item, copy and paste the questionable item near other distinct objects on the same image and match pixelation.. if there's a difference in the resolution its pixels will seem larger or smaller by comparison to original photo..., debunked... if it matches other items its harder to debunk.

Jpeg artifact bleeding around the craft, matches bleeding around closest rock outcropping... now the craft itself?
I'm still on the fence about..

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
I saw this posted on a blog and immediately checked on Google Earth, it was there on the screen. Don't know if anyone else did see it for themselves from this thread being so long but from my knowledge of how they actually image Google Earth I highly doubt this is fake. Or, fake meaning, PhotoShop'd or added after the picture was originally created.

As for what that is in the imaging, unless someone out there has a hot new frisbee discus or is already hoaxing for the nearby people, this object is definitely unidentifiable.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by tpg65

Motion blurred object from second picture I think, photo editor little correction ..

That all looks too good to be true ..

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95030b280252.png[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/70f69f6ebb81.png[/atsimg]
edit on 16-7-2011 by Dalke07 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   
Come on guys, this object is clearly fake.

1: It's not from Google, it's from 360Cities, and they often place fake UFOs in their images as previously shown in this topic.

2: There is digital manipulation over the entire panorama's sky...

• As you can see in the panorama, they removed the Sun. You can't find it where it should be, that means they edited it out.
  • Look at the halo around the lighthouse. It shows clear signs of digital manipulation of the sky. That halo is not natural.
  • Just look at the darkest blue part of the sky just to the left of the lighthouse, you can see clear signs digital manipulation used to blend and smooth the sky so the multiple images blend together easier, and there are several errors. This could explain the motion blur "UFO" people seem to point out as well. A bird or maybe even something else dark got in the shot, and it was smudged when they modified the sky.
  • Look at the ring around the Sun's reflection on the water... it has been edited too.
  • There is a ton of editing in that panorama that I didn't list.

3: The UFO doesn't even have real light reflections and highlights. It looks like the UFO was rendered using fake ray tracing with a very limited to almost zero bounce and self illumination. It looks similar to a bad 3D model render.

4: The light reflections and highlights on the UFO are not correct for the Sun position. It looks like whoever inserted the UFO into the image rotated the UFO slightly so that the reflections and highlights give the illusion of being correct, but it is not.

5: There is a dark space between the rim highlight and the top section highlight, it should be reflecting the sun if the lighting was real, but it is not. If you rotate the UFO so it is level with the horizon, it looks like the UFO was rendered with a light source that is directly level with the UFO, and not above it like it should be.

6: If you zoom in on the UFO you can see they used a blur or soften tool to blend the edges of the UFO with the sky.

7: The color of the reflection highlight doesn't seem right for the ambient light and or sun color.

There is so many things wrong with this UFO, I really can't see why anyone would think it is real.
edit on 16-7-2011 by gift0fpr0phecy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   
My first impression, based on how close it looks to the camera, and based on its location (next to some rocks near sea) is that it looks like it could be a bird. That characteristic shape has been shown to be indicative of diving gulls many times in the past. It's too glossy and blurred to tell for certain, though.

It doesn't look like a larger object far away, but rather a small one fairly close to the camera. Just my two cents. I could be utterly wrong.

Peace.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
If there is one thing that I've learned about commenting on such things, it's that if you don't KNOW what it is, don't say that you do. That being said, I have seen many videos that show something that it is mutually agreed upon to not be photoshopped, that show a distortion of the image around the object that many speculate is the result of some sort of field produced by the the propulsion system of the "craft". I also agree with those who note that the reflection on the object from the sun appears to be consistent with the angle that the sun is from the house. That is most often the thing that catches most photoshop hoaxers. It is so easy to fool people with photoshop technology now that, even if you know what to look for, anyone can be fooled if the work is of high enough quality. If I put this picture in a 10-point-scale (1 being obviously fake, 10 being indesputable) I would give this one an 8.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
Anyone contact the photgrapher?
edit on 2011/7/16 by MajesticTwelve because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by imawlinn
Cracks me up! Every single piece of evidence brought forth is immediately called photosopped or cgi. At this rate even genuine evidence will be discarded. Until people open their minds to what is possible, disclosure will never happen. Besides, unless you have seen an actual alien craft first hand, please don't comment with "it looks to good" or " looks too obvious". Those comments just make people look ignorant, imo.

I agree 100% and I JUST went to Google Earth, and IT REALLY IS THERE!!! Anyone can go check it out. If you don't see the spheres then click on the "photos" thingy, and wait for it to appear, and zoom in just as much as the guy did in the video, not necessarily more or less.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I'm sorry I haven't read the entire thread just wanted to jump in and include this link to a wtf!?!?
(Since this thread is about a possible ufo, and I didn't want to start a thread myself.)

thewatchers.adorraeli.com...
What the....!?

This is just one of my regular sites (mostly for earth quakes, sun, and general global environmental issues information) and the most harmless in terms of conspiracy theories imo. Have a look for yourself.
Are they being serious? Bazaar totally! Maybe I've had too much coffee this morning....

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by observe50
Again we will probably never know thanks to some people.

What I will say is this type of ship is correct it is the one the Beings that monitor and protect Earth use. Golly gee now how would I know that

edit on 16-7-2011 by observe50 because: typo

Protect earth....

could be very bad for the ones ruining it

(you know that because every other ufo speaker says the greys on the saucers are actually earths tech support of sorts...tks john lear)

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I believe I have found it on another photo from the same area!! Take a look. I'll explain to you on where to look.

Ok, look towards the right of the image when it first loads up, keep going to the right, and you will see a "wall of rock" which there are 2 people against it, one in a black shirt and one in a white shirt. If you go up you will see a person in a hat and another one in a cowboy hat. LOOK NEXT TO THE GUY WITH THE HAT, NOT the one with the cowboy hat. Look right next to his head. you can clearly see a smudged object which resembles the UFO object.

Don't forget to zoom in. I'll post a pic whenever I can.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join