It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Weather to hit 40 °C from 20 °C (104 °F) in Prairies, Central Canada

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by POPtheKlEEN89
reply to post by jude11

everything else aside you killed me with the part about the pudding cup

s'funny...you're the only one that caught it. I wonder how many people actually read past the OP title?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
here in BC it's been 19 degrees forever....rains on and off. cloudy constantly with little sun breaks here and there.
I didn't even need to look at the thermometer to know it was 19. I did anyway, and what do you know...19....lol

I swear the lack of change in our weather here and the repetitive pattern that happens is enough to drive you nuts.
All I ask for is a good lightning storm. anything..

Watching TV, and NTV cut in with a Canada wide weather report.

Vancouver is 19 C.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by snowspirit

here in BC it's been 19 degrees forever....rains on and off. cloudy constantly with little sun breaks here and there.
I didn't even need to look at the thermometer to know it was 19. I did anyway, and what do you know...19....lol

I swear the lack of change in our weather here and the repetitive pattern that happens is enough to drive you nuts.

Vancouver is 19 C.

19 C in the middle of July for Vancouver is just not right.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
Good thread

But since Neil young is from Canada I knew it must be cooler than 40.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

No, not for Vancouver, the rain is right
but not the 19.

I saw on a weather report earlier the map of the heat wave, it covered most of North America, but mostly through the middle. We're more used to having the Arctic weather come down through the prairies, than having the southern states weather come up this way.

It looked really weird.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:59 PM
link   

reply to post by jude11

No, not for Vancouver, the rain is right
but not the 19.

I saw on a weather report earlier the map of the heat wave, it covered most of North America, but mostly through the middle. We're more used to having the Arctic weather come down through the prairies, than having the southern states weather come up this way.

It looked really weird.

Yeah, it just seems nothing is making sense this summer. I have never seen it so cool for so long.

July and I had a sweater on yesterday! WTH?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
Last year in BC, we had a significant jump on july first from mid twenties to mid thrities overnight.

Almost like the Climate is Changing.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by jude11

Originally posted by VicDiaz89
104?thats jacket weather here in AZ.

It's not the temperature I'm addressing. We get those temps here quite often. It's actually the jump from cooler to extreme in less than a day or 2 that is different.

That and the fact that the summer all over N. America seems to be a little strange this year.

Strange indeed. I saw a story on NASA's website saying the cool west coast spring summer is due to 'la nina' peetering out around january.

June 21, 2011: Record snowfall, killer tornadoes, devastating floods: There’s no doubt about it. Since Dec. 2010, the weather in the USA has been positively wild. But why?

Some recent news reports have attributed the phenomenon to an extreme "La Niña," a band of cold water stretching across the Pacific Ocean with global repercussions for climate and weather. But NASA climatologist Bill Patzert names a different suspect: "La Nada."

"La Niña was strong in December," he says. "But back in January it pulled a disappearing act and left us with nothing – La Nada – to constrain the jet stream. Like an unruly teenager, the jet stream took advantage of the newfound freedom--and the results were disastrous."

The winter of 2010 began with La Niña conditions taking hold. A "normal" La Niña would have pushed the jet stream northward, pushing cold arctic air (one of the ingredients of severe weather) away from the lower US. But this La Niña petered out quickly, and no El Niño rose up to replace it. The jet stream was free to misbehave.

"By mid-January 2011, La Niña weakened rapidly and by mid-February it was 'adios La Niña,' allowing the jet stream to meander wildly around the US. Consequently the weather pattern became dominated by strong outbreaks of frigid polar air, producing blizzards across the West, Upper Midwest, and northeast US."1

It's been a GREAT year so far for lettuce and peas, though! Holy Crap, I'm glad I planted so much.

science.nasa.gov...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I agree, something is up with the weather. I've lived in Oklahoma for 40 years and the last two years have been wacky. Record blizzards and this summer, we've had 24 consecutive days over 100 degrees. We know it's gonna be hot in the summer here, but it's wearing me down. It's almost 10pm now and it's still 95 outside. There's just no relief.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by hqokc
I agree, something is up with the weather. I've lived in Oklahoma for 40 years and the last two years have been wacky. Record blizzards and this summer, we've had 24 consecutive days over 100 degrees. We know it's gonna be hot in the summer here, but it's wearing me down. It's almost 10pm now and it's still 95 outside. There's just no relief.

I would take some of those days right now. Not 24 in a row, but just a few.

Better than the 8 C we had here a few days ago.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by MRedfield

Makes me wonder if we're going to have an abnormally warm fall/winter.

I wonder that as well. Will we get a very hot august September?

The other day on the CBC someone mentioned a similar weather patterns in the early 80's (the year of Expo?) and the mid 50'.

I think the part about la nina disappearing is an interesting series of events.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:51 PM
link   
Weird weather is nothing new. Just be glad the change happened over the course of a few days. On January 22, 1943 in Spearfish, South Dakota the temperature jumped from -20° C to 7° C in the course of two minutes. Canada also seems to have more than its fair share of weather anomalies. For example, in 1992 Calgary reached 22.6° C in February, but also dropped down to 5.3° C in August.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by jude11

Today, I would think that was heaven.

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   

Vancouver is 19 C.

the utter shock and dismay is beginning to take hold....lol no but really. honestly, it's perfectly fine weather, it's not like pouring all the time and it's warm enough to be out in a tshirt and shorts. just the continuity of it. for some, they would wish to have their weather like this but for me I need change, I like when theres a couple days rain then some heat.
it starts to feel like you're living the same day over and over again when we live like this.
then it gets hard to tell the days apart, just becomes one giant cloudy day lmao.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Nasty stuff - the states just below the prairies have a heat index of 115 F , along with tornado warnings in areas.

My thermometers are reading 30 C ( just under 90 F) off the shady side of the house, and the sunny side of the house is reading 40 C ( about 100 F) .

I'm glad I'm as far north as I am

I checked Vancouver out of curiousity, it moved slightly - 18 C (about 64 F). In the middle of July!!!

That's just weird all around.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   

Nasty stuff - the states just below the prairies have a heat index of 115 F , along with tornado warnings in areas.

My thermometers are reading 30 C ( just under 90 F) off the shady side of the house, and the sunny side of the house is reading 40 C ( about 100 F) .

I'm glad I'm as far north as I am

I checked Vancouver out of curiousity, it moved slightly - 18 C (about 64 F). In the middle of July!!!

That's just weird all around.

Vancouver hovering at that temp for so long is definitely strange, I agree. Wonder what will happen August as that's typically the hottest Month.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
The weather pattern is sure different this year.

I remember when we moved out here from the Okanagan, at the end of July a few years ago, the temperature difference was huge! We were freezing, because we were used to 40ish, not 25, which is what's a little more normal here.

I'm almost looking forward to winter

almost.

posted on Jul, 17 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
I'm in Michigan and I'm sweating my butt off right now. Think it's 92 F right now...supposed to reach 100 by Thursday. Not going to cool off till early next week when it's supposed to drop in the 80's.

Hate it when it gets this hot.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Hotter today expected.
The weatherman just explained that this weather system is coming up from the Gulf of Mexico. I couldn't even imagine living down there right now

That's why our coasts are much much cooler. The system just goes straight up towards the arctic.

Winnipeg is expected to hit 37 C today. That's just under 100 F.
Winterpeg just doesn't get that hot normally.

I would hate to live anywhere around the Great Lakes, the humidity over the next couple of days is going to be awful. We have a higher than normal humidity level here in Sask, but our humidity goes way up at night
and everything gets watered with the dew overnight. Foggy and cool in the mornings.

posted on Jul, 18 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's expected to stay this hot until mid August.

Earlier my thermometer on the hot side of the house hit a high of 48 C.

Nasty.
Those poor people in the southern states, I hope they're OK. They're way hotter than us.

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join