It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Jackson Lee: Congress complicating debt ceiling because Obama is black

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Really???

A black congresswoman wants to blame the debt/deficit struggle on the fact that obama is (half) black?

Unbelievable ...

But here it is ...

thehill.com...

Rep. Sheila Jackson Lee (D-Texas) on Friday strongly suggested that members of Congress are making it difficult for President Obama to raise the debt ceiling because of his race.

edit on 7/15/2011 by centurion1211 because: (no reason given)

Mod edit:fixed link

edit on 15-7-2011 by GAOTU789 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by centurion1211

She may be partially right.
Often times I'm confounded by the behavior of the Republican party.
And while I don't want to go there.
I'm drawn there.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I think she is wrong.

I just think it is an opportunity to make some political points on the road to the 2012 elections.

Both parties are trying to prove that they deserve to be in power in 2012. I expect the rhetoric to get worse.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
The politicians are really showing the public just how stupid they really are.
There is no facepalm big enough for this moronic woman.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Let's go with the race card again...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I'm drawn there.

That's totally ridiculous.

Based on what evidence?

Seriously, what evidence can you produce that the top leadership of the Republican Party is giving obama a hard time because of his race?

The proof that this is false is that the budget impasse existed BEFORE obama pulled himself off the golf course and political fund raising to get involved in trying to help broker a deal.

Republicans were giving obama a hard time because he wasn't engaged in the process.

So, you and others would have us believe there was this huge conspiracy to get obama involved in the budget issue just so they could give him a hard time for being black.

Sorry to have to put it so bluntly, but that assertion seems nothing short of moronic to me.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
omg "RACISTS!"
CAN'T A "BLACKMAN" get a credit extension???????

Why not:
( sticks fingers in ears)"OK" "whatever..."
See "we: can never vote another black person into office again anytime something is disputed it is immediately attributed to "race hatred". Yes Shiela lets waste more time on the hill as the budget clock counts down.

edit on 15-7-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

So in other words, the president should never be criticized and should always be allowed to do whatever he wants to simply because he's black.

I see the logic in that.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   
First Off,,,, Remember Obama is Half White and I think maybe She should go and take a Bath, She Stinks of Bigotry and Racism.

YES, Folks, They've lowered themselves to using the Race Card, Did this Surprise You
Anything to make anyone that does not fall to their knees at the Alter of Obama and Worship his Mortal Earthly Being and his Race,,,,, Is A Racist
I think we should vote for a Double Tax Increase Right Now, So We Don't Offend Our Savior!!!!! NOT!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   

I think that's a silly jump in logic but I do wonder why every GOP president has raised the debt ceiling multiple times and it's not an issue until now. The GOP even voted to raise it SEVEN times during Bush's regime.

It's obviously a double-standard. I don't like to jump to such callous things such as racism but it is definitely something against Obama, specifically.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

So in other words, the president should never be criticized and should always be allowed to do whatever he wants to simply because he's black.

I see the logic in that.

I never said that ...

That's more like what the people playing the race card would want.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:31 PM
link   
Congress is fiddling while the country burns.

Similar of Nero and Rome.

What the president and congress need to do is come up with a long term plan to end the borrowing and pay back what the US already owes.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo

I think that's a silly jump in logic but I do wonder why every GOP president has raised the debt ceiling multiple times and it's not an issue until now. The GOP even voted to raise it SEVEN times during Bush's regime.

It's obviously a double-standard. I don't like to jump to such callous things such as racism but it is definitely something against Obama, specifically.

There's no double standard if you look at it as people are finally are understanding that what has been happening under ALL previous administrations was wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by grey580

I'm drawn there.

Ridiculous!

I'm confounded by the behavior of the Republicans too. They won't accept the concessions from the Dems and give concessions of their own on letting the tax loopholes expire.

The debt ceiling is non-negotiable. It can not, and should not, and better not be raised! It has nothing to do with anyone's race. The deep budget cuts proposed by the Reps are important, and Obama and the Dems have largely agreed to them, now letting the tax loopholes expire is the next thing that is absolutely necessary, but the Reps won't give in.

Race is a non-issue when everyone is covered in the mud anyway. All politicians are worthless.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

I didn't mean that you said that. Sorry for the misunderstanding. I was stating my interpetations my the congress woman's opinion.

In her opinion, the president should not be questioned or criticized because he's black.

It's funny, no one brings up the race issue more than a racist. (Sharpton/Jackson/Jackson Lee)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

I see the logic in that.

huh "blek"??
The president's"blek"?
hoooly chee'it when did that happen?

( does the first lady know
)

can' we trade" tweedledee" for Colin Powell or even Danny Glover?theyseemto be "blek"also...
I keed... I keed...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:42 PM
link   
The people who love to play the race card should IMO be paying way more attention to this news than inventing race issues for obama.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by centurion1211

There's no double standard if you look at it as people are finally are understanding that what has been happening under ALL previous administrations was wrong.

I don't know... I just don't buy it. Too much of a 360 in just half of a democrat's term. War, debt, moral values, etc. All shining examples of things that never changed but suddenly are evil because it's Obama.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a big fan of raising the debt ceiling, going to war, or judging politicians for their personal lives but... I've always felt that way. I didn't just change my mind because Obama came in like virtually every single member of the GOP.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

I don't know... I just don't buy it. Too much of a 360 in just half of a democrat's term. War, debt, moral values, etc. All shining examples of things that never changed but suddenly are evil because it's Obama.

Don't get me wrong; I'm not a big fan of raising the debt ceiling, going to war, or judging politicians for their personal lives but... I've always felt that way. I didn't just change my mind because Obama came in like virtually every single member of the GOP.

So to you, the only reason people can change their views about an issue is because one of the principals is black?

Sorry, but THAT sounds like the racist viewpoint to me ...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   

So to you, the only reason people can change their views about an issue is because one of the principals is black?

Sorry, but THAT sounds like the racist viewpoint to me ...

Sorry, I reread that several times and I still don't understand what you mean. Maybe you misread what I said?

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join