It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So long to create....

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:35 PM
link   
So, the question here is easy.....why did God take 13.7 billion years to create humans??

She took 7 days to create the universe (bible).....but took a further 13.7 billion years to create us.

Why did she create the universe then wait 9 billion years to create the earth??

Which of the 30 million gods created the universe??

The answer that he created that all before us so we could enjoy its beauty wont cut it im afraid

EDIT: Contradicted myself so deleted the offending sentence

edit on 15-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Um you defeated your own argument. If it's just text in a book and you don't think that cuts it, why debate other words in that same book?

LOGIC FAIL.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
May be it is like starting an aquarium. You have to get some goldfish first to dirty up the water and make the appropriate bacteria and environment for the other fish.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by EspyderMan
Um you defeated your own argument. If it's just text in a book and you don't think that cuts it, why debate other words in that same book?

LOGIC FAIL.

FAIL

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Before I reply to you I want to reply to everyone else (*cough* "EspyderMan" *cough*...): Hey guys instead of trolling perhaps you should put some thought into your answer. Use your brain.

I will get to my point eventually

Well you see time flowing before you in a very steady fashion. Your life has a beginning and an end and something of 60-100 years in between. The problem with this is a mortal being cannot understand billions of years because they will not see billions of years in their lifetime.. In fact our species has not even been around even 0.02% of a billion years. Now when you get into multiples of billions you come across a real problem of comprehension.

To an Immortal being time does not really exist. It may not even travel in a linear fashion. However what is seven days to a being without time? Is it seven rotations of the earth? Seven rotations of the Galaxy? Seven rotations of the Universe? Humanity in general believes that god created the heavens and the earth however they also allow for the fact that we may not be alone. So that would inherently mean that we are not the only world with the same creator and therefore have no real understanding of the process there hence.

Many people such as myself believe in God and evolution at the same time. Yes you can do this.. When we think of creation most think of just springing into existence. However let me ask you this.. When a human creates a skyscraper does it just pop into existence? No.. It is built from the ground up minding every detail on the way..

When a black hole is created does it just pop into existence? No it needs a star to first burn off all of its lighter gasses leaving only heavy elements so that its core density can increase to a point where gravity causes its mass to collapse in on itself.

Basically what I'm saying here is I don't think it is as black and white as everyone would like to think especially when we are talking about the complexity of something that can create something as complex as the universe from the ground up.

There is also one more possibility that has crossed my mind every now and again.. Maybe instead of God creating the universe, God "is" the universe.... The universe could very well have a life of its own.
edit on 15-7-2011 by DaMod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

I like your reply

Very well thought out and easy to comprehend

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

What is wrong with my response?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
reply to post by etombo

Oh I wasn't talking about you... I was talking about the trolls. Er the troll

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

I do believe that the answer is evolution, and that the "timeframe" is really eternity. And from the perspective of the domain of light, there is no time.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
May be it is like starting an aquarium. You have to get some goldfish first to dirty up the water and make the appropriate bacteria and environment for the other fish.

What an awesome answer, love it! Star for you.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:12 PM
link   
Wow...you just single handedly destroyed every God in the book.

And you did it with impeccable attention to logic.

Looks like nobody will be believing in a God now.

Really well thought out there.

MM

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by etombo
reply to post by DaMod

What is wrong with my response?

haha nothing

Sorry i failed to reply....my point was....if god is all powerful, why would it take so long to create intelligent life? There would be no need for the stages you describe, if they can create a universe then you can clearly create intelligent life along side it right?

13.7 billion year gap....did god go on a break?? Or are they not all powerful as made out??
edit on 15-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

The answer is this, stop thinking so damn much lol

posted on Jul, 16 2011 @ 03:19 AM
link   
reply to post by DaMod

You wrote:

["To an Immortal being time does not really exist. It may not even travel in a linear fashion. However what is seven days to a being without time? Is it seven rotations of the earth? Seven rotations of the Galaxy? Seven rotations of the Universe? Humanity in general believes that god created the heavens and the earth however they also allow for the fact that we may not be alone. So that would inherently mean that we are not the only world with the same creator and therefore have no real understanding of the process there hence."]

And so a " 'god' of the knowledge gap" is conveniently introduced as a pseudo-rational argument. It would be considerably more intelletually honest to just state: "This is my faith", instead of using all this semantic shuffling.

Quote: [" There is also one more possibility that has crossed my mind every now and again.. Maybe instead of God creating the universe, God "is" the universe.... The universe could very well have a life of its own."]

While your willingness to include alternatives to the christian-cornering-the-market-'god' is recommendable, the idea above has been around for ages and has (for those interested and competent) some fascinating deep implications.

new topics

top topics

join