It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFOs in the mainstream media.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   

edit on 15-7-2011 by Zcustosmorum because: (no reason given)

Pretty interesting mainstream coverage of UFOs recently, the video is impressive:

www.youtube.com...

Also found this:

www.wanttoknow.info...

Just curious on peoples views as to the coverage.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
no offence pal but thats really old news, but i'll still answer your post. i personally think it still did not get the coverage it deserves. why weren't goverments all over the world talking about this? or have they? who knows

thanks

TOP-B
edit on 15-7-2011 by TÖP_BÜZzËR because: spelling error

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by TÖP_BÜZzËR

Well thanks for input, I would've deleted thread but couldn't figure out how
. Anyways, it would be interesting to know why the coverage? I mean have news broadcasters suddenly decided that these stories are important?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by Zcustosmorum

cheers for the links, i have to say im not often scared by much but that youtube vid scared me just because of the fact i hadn't actually heard of alot of that stuff and the fact it was on mainstream news is even scarier. the bit at the end was just plain wierd. thought it was a hoax call for sure until you hear they completely lost the transmission and had to go to backup systems, thats just plain creepy.

if what he said was true it answers alot of questions!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   

I don't know whats more mysterious, the images on that video, or the fact that I can, for some unknown reason, suddenly see youtube video at work?

All a part of life's little mysteries.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:59 AM
link   
reply to post by rayuki

I agree that if you accept that call as from a genuine person who is what they claim to be, it would connect a few dots up. However, I don't think I buy it, the footage is pretty good though.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by amaster

I don't know whats more mysterious, the images on that video, or the fact that I can, for some unknown reason, suddenly see youtube video at work?

All a part of life's little mysteries.

Does getting paid to watch youtube vids feel good?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   

Yes, yes it did, at least for the five minutes that I was allowed to as the sonic wall seems to be back up and running again. Damn it.

You should feel proud that of all the videos in the world, I only got to see the one you posted. Perhaps it was fate.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
What more do you want them to do. It's been covered as your links prove, not much else to do since no one knows what they really are.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Yes, yes it did, at least for the five minutes that I was allowed to as the sonic wall seems to be back up and running again. Damn it.

You should feel proud that of all the videos in the world, I only got to see the one you posted. Perhaps it was fate.

It could possibly be and yes. I am proud my vid beat your sonic wall *smug*

reply to post by kro32

Well, the obvious answer would be disclosure but since our government "friends" don't think we are ready for the truth then I guess we'll just have to hope for way more news coverage.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Video 1
China 1...Long exposure picture of plane or helli
China 2...Rocket
Norway..Rocket
Sydney..Another Rocket
Moscow...Cloud
Jerusalem ....
... Four letters , begins with H
New York ...Balloons
California...Sky divers
And on and on and on

There's nothing here that hasn't been discussed and explained in various other threads

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

And what would disclosure bring other than panic and fear to alot of people. Those who already believe are gonna be like "we told you so" then go back to whatever they were doing.

Others will panic like the broadcast of War of the Worlds where people commited suicide. There is nothing that disclosure would bring that's positive.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

Points change, opinions differ and the debate rolls on, I noticed you didn't mention the Norwegian/Australian spirally lights.

And what would disclosure bring other than panic and fear to alot of people. Those who already believe are gonna be like "we told you so" then go back to whatever they were doing.

Others will panic like the broadcast of War of the Worlds where people commited suicide. There is nothing that disclosure would bring that's positive.

I would have to disagree, people are no longer the way they were in the '30s, your point is purely speculation.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

post by kro32
And what would disclosure bring other than panic and fear to alot of people.

Really , I'm not so sure it would .

post by kro32
Others will panic like the broadcast of War of the Worlds where people commited suicide

We as a population have come a long way since the thirties , we have so much media now , Games ,Films , rolling news that I doubt many will be shocked , even the Catholic Church doesn't see it as a problem .

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

Best check my post again , they are there , 3 and 4

edit on 15-7-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by gortex

Best check my post again , they are there , 3 and 4

edit on 15-7-2011 by gortex because: (no reason given)

Oh yeah
, rockets? As I said, opinions will differ

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by gortex

But you don't know that. What you do know is there is absolutely nothing gained by disclosure. You will have more people talking about it around the water cooler or looking up in the sky more often for positives but all of a sudden everyone is gonna blame every single problem on aliens.

It will cause mass hysteria. If someone's car breaks down they will blame aliens for shooting ray guns or something and demand the government take action. It will lead to a mess of epic proportions.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by kro32

post by kro32
It will cause mass hysteria.

And you don't know that , it's an assumption on your part

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   
Remember mainstream is based off ratings... also not everthing would be true they tell you...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 01:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shadowreborn89
Remember mainstream is based off ratings... also not everthing would be true they tell you...

Considering the mainstream press is owned by a select few individuals with government ties, that statement is a certainty.

Also, if the ratings thing is accurate, it clearly shows more and more people are becoming more interested in what's in the sky, now more than ever.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join