It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The US Dollar Will Not Collapse

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
This is just a personal opinion mind you, but I do not think the US dollar will ever collapse. I will now tell you my reasons why I think this is so.

1) The global elite control everything. Of this I have no doubt. They can collapse the dollar or prop it up, any time they want.
2) There are, I believe, 250 million people living in America. That's 250 million people who rely on the dollar.
3) If the dollar actually collapsed, 250 million people would all wake up and finally see all the New World Order bullsheet and all the lies. The Awakening, in America, would happen just like that.
4) The global elite rely on keeping the massive American populace under complete ignorance of reality. Waking up 250 million people all at once would be counter-productive I think.

This is my logic and those are my reasons.

edit on 15-7-2011 by IshmaelKipling because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by IshmaelKipling because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:27 AM
link   
"Millions of people relying on the dollar" is probably the worst argument I have ever heard when it comes to the dollar collapse. None of those reasons are actually good arguments for the strength of the dollar.

Anyways, welcome to ATS.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by IshmaelKipling

There are some things that the elite cannot control. There are times things take up a life of its own and this is one of them. The elites are also along for the ride as well, they still have the power to manipulate things and create delays, but at the same time it is also a runaway train that no one can control.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   

Never say never. Every historic world empire has collapsed - the US will be no different. Whether it's tomorrow or 100 years from now (not likely to take that long). The US dollar props up the world economy - not just american citizens. The whole financial markets have become so intertwined that even the elite can loose control. They can collapse it whenever they want but they won't have any chance of stopping it once it goes on its own.

But you are right, an US dollar collapse would likely 'awaken' the population, but we also know what 250 million pissed off Americans will do, and it won't be pretty.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
So are we just going to keep raising the debt ceiling every year without defaulting? Because thats the only way we can pay for our social services and military. Did you know right now, 20% of the entire national budget goes to paying off interest on old debt? (not the old debt itself, just the interest). As I mentioned in my world war 3 thread, Russia and other countries are already planning on switching away from using the US dollar as their reserve currency. When the US dollar is no longer the reserve currency, we're F'ed, we wont be able to print money like nothing anymore and if we do it will result in hyper inflation.

If you think it wont happen because the global elite controls things, instead maybe you should think about it as- it will happen because the global elite control things. Such a crisis would allow for massive abuse of power by government, be an excuse for a one world currency, basically the implementation of a new world order. The global elites wouldn't be screwed, they would keep their power, we'd be screwed.
edit on 15-7-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 15-7-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
The NWO elitists have their agenda and our probably the dominant force in the UN already. They will HAVE TO cripple the American public to the degree that we are too busy with our own problems to stand up for everyone else. The American dollar WILL collapse and probably be replaced with a NEW funny-money. The FED ALREADY made it illegal to make "over-the-counter" purchases with gold or silver.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
The only way our economy works, is if the people have trust in it. If they lose trust, our economy will crumble.

Food,ammo,gold, toilet paper. Buy it now.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:46 AM
link   

Hi IshmaelKipling, and welcome to the ATS Introductions Forum, this forum is confined to introductions only.
Please add any thoughts or opinions to one of the many threads on this topic.

The Introduction Forum is for introductions To tell something about you; not to start a thread about a topic.“Intro threads” that are really “topic threads” will be removed.
Please Review, Welcome to ATS, it’s time to introduce yourself.

New members can not make New Threads in the regular forums until they attain 20 posts. The only forum that a new member can start a thread in is here the introductions forum. This forum is for new member to say hello or what ever they like about them selves, it is not a forum for topical subjects sorry.

You are more than welcome to post a new introduction thread about you, if you wish.

Twenty well thought out replies are not hard to achieve,(not one liners) some members do it with their intro thread, or alternatively they visit to the Off-Topic Discussions forums. That's the large Blue Tab on the Recent Posts page.

Take your time, if you have any questions you can either ask them in an intro thread, I'm sure someone will reply. Or just message me, or any staff member anytime.

Once you have achieved 20 posts you will then be able to start new threads, and also send & receive PM's to and from fellow ATS members.

Some handy links, and, more links.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Start Here - ATS Freshmans Forum

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

Terms & Conditions Of Use Please Read

Rules for Avatars and Mini-Profile Background images

Signature Guidelines

If you feel ATS must be made aware of a story or an issue please use the complaint feature located in the Member Tools and get the full attention of the entire Staff.

Thread closed, and or removed.

Sauron,
Super-Moderator.

new topics

top topics

join