It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Loss of Memory

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
Title: Google changing way brain remembers information.

If you really think about it, it all makes sense why many of us (including me) at times seem to relate to a subject but not able to dive into the depths of the subject. Many of us are becoming used to using the Search Engine for every single thing we think about but not all of them remember every single thing they search and read online.

Personally I think the study is correct and its hinting at the partial/total dependence on the Search Engine Giant. This definitely affects upto certain extent and explains the issues in the Education System as well. What do you think? Comments por favor would be appreciated.

NEWS LINK

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   
There are far too many topics and information to remember

add that to your daily life and routine ... it becomes overwelming...

most people don't really get into this conspiracy stuff because of the vast amount of information is required just to get the basis of the bigger picture ....

If i could go back to the time when i first started getting into all of this .. and someone said showed me a window and said this is the kinda information you will be getting into i would tell him to shove it up where the sun dont shine...

the problem with the memory is the vast a amount of information and vast amount of topics there are to try and remember...

its very difficult unless you have a super brian with super memory which is cheating cuz u were just born that way hehe

but for the rest of us memory loss is expected with the amount of information we suck into our brians...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by hp1229

Very Interesting indeed! Thanks for the post...

Ive always thought I just had a case of CRS Syndrome............SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!!!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Starwise
reply to post by hp1229

Very Interesting indeed! Thanks for the post...

Ive always thought I just had a case of CRS Syndrome............SYSTEM OVERLOAD!!!!

You're welcome Starwise.

I can think of just 1 reason that I think the above holds true for me atleast.

I used to troubleshoot Software issues without using Google. I was able to answer several questions without having to use a book or internet back in the 80's and early 90's. Now I dont since it is convenient to Google it and not having to remember the steps or commands involved in resolving complex software/hardware issues in my profession.

I've been told several times by other experienced and seasoned professionals back in the 80's that whatever you learn through experience should be stored in your head as that your job security

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by seedofchucky

True but its like the rule "If you dont use it you'll lose it".

For example: If we're used to walking at 4 mph (which is actually jogging) on a daily basis upto the age of 50,
then theoretically we can walk upto 3 mph even if we reach 60 or 70 which is still a good speed.

Basically exercise of mind and body only helps us maintain the longevity of the body and mind.

I think humans are capable of far more then what they think they really are

edit on 15-7-2011 by hp1229 because: edit grammer

edit on 15-7-2011 by hp1229 because: grammer

top topics

join