It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uk couple win $260,000,000

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Uk couple win $260,000,000

www.thesun.co.uk

SCOTS couple Colin and Christine Weir have been named as Europe's biggest ever lottery winners — scooping a staggering £162MILLION.

Overjoyed Colin, 64, and wife Chris, 55, told how the win will change the lives of their family forever.

Read more: www.thesun.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
A UK couple has just come forward as winning the biggest Euro Millions jackpot in history.

The lottery rolled over 14 times, which amounted to just over £161,000,000.

The couple has just been on live tv discussing what they are going to do with their new found wealth. They are a 60s something couple from Scotland.

WOW....jammy buggers lol

Now....you have to wonder if it was the right thing to do....coming forward.? Obviously Camelot were very persuasive in getting the couple to come forward and go public, as it was the biggest ever cash prize in European history.

www.thesun.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I knew it was going to be someone from the UK who won this, I just knew! - shame I cant precog the winning numbers...lol...

Good luck to them

If I won this amount I think I would keep it secret.... I Would probably build an underground bunker lol!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
if i won, i wouldn't tell anyone. every distant relation who has never given a damn will be at your door with flowers kissing butt and asking for a cool million.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:33 AM
link   
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Just one quick thing to say on this. The couple did not win any dollars. They won pounds. If they try spending dollars here, they will be asked to provide legal tender

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   
I thought the posting guidelines state that the topic title must be the same as the article.

Why change it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Goathief
I thought the posting guidelines state that the topic title must be the same as the article.

Why change it?

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

I didnt realize that was the case..... ElevatedOne moved it to this forum, but never mentioned anything about the title.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by TrueBrit
reply to post by loves a conspiricy

Just one quick thing to say on this. The couple did not win any dollars. They won pounds. If they try spending dollars here, they will be asked to provide legal tender

They won a lot of money....£162,000,000 - or 185,000,000 Euros - or $260,000,000

The majority of people on here are American....i put it in $ because....1) Its easier for people to comprehend 2) Its over QUARTER of a billion in $

They actually win euros....its then converted to pounds

new topics

top topics

join