It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Mousetrails' and the dark side of the Old Testament

page: 24
<< 21  22  23   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by NOTurTypical

When was this "second time" the nation of Israel was regathered after the Babylonian captivity am I missing here? "The dispersed" of Judah: The Diaspora.

This is where you part ways with Christianity and follow your cult into Hell because you deny your own salvation.
This is not a physical phenomenon but a spiritual one, into the New Israel which includes all the people of the world, through belief in Jesus..

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

So non-christians are inferior.?
Maybe when you come off your high horse I'll continue this argument.
I'm going to pray for you.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

When was this "second time" the nation of Israel was regathered after the Babylonian captivity am I missing here? "The dispersed" of Judah: The Diaspora.

This is where you part ways with Christianity and follow your cult into Hell because you deny your own salvation.
This is not a physical phenomenon but a spiritual one, into the New Israel which includes all the people of the world, through belief in Jesus..

No, my salvation is in Jesus. He redeemed us.

"The Dispersed of Judah" is the "Diaspora". Which, also, (like the text says), it's the 2nd time God has regathered them since the Babylonian captivity. Prophecy is cool how it's always 100% accurate huh?

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:33 PM
link   
Man kind is in rebellion to the Prince of Peace (the God of Heaven)

The 'god' of the OT is the 'god' of this world.

You all seem to forget that man was not 'cast out' of Heaven because God is some evil (live backwards) Moon-eyed or Thunder-struck deceitful deity. (The fall from Kether to Malkuth)

Mankind chose to eat of the fruit and so . . . they must die (I do believe this part is in the Bible somewhere).

I believe it went something like don't eat of the tree of knowledge of good AND EVIL for you will surely die.

Humanity CHOSE this path.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 05:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by FriedBabelBroccoli

Mankind chose to eat of the fruit and so . . . they must die (I do believe this part is in the Bible somewhere).

The Lord God wasn't mad when Eve took from the tree, it was more like: You chose this path, now you must experience everything it entails, good and bad.

posted on Feb, 20 2012 @ 06:23 PM
link   

No, my salvation is in Jesus.

What you are doing is only confirming the antichrist nature of your philosophy.
You have a text which obviously Jesus took to mean was about himself, and used it to describe what he was doing.
You look at it and believe it is not about Jesus.
Jesus said, "If I be lifted up, I will draw all men to myself."
Here is Isaiah saying something that matches it and you claim it is really about the modern state of Israel.

At that time a root from Jesse will stand like a signal flag for the nations. Nations will look to him for guidance, and his residence will be majestic.

Jesus being lifted (on the cross) up was his understanding of the fulfillment of this verse in the prophet.
You turn it around and make of this thugocracy masquerading as a nation.
To me this is nothing but pure idolatry and the denial of Christ.

posted on May, 23 2012 @ 07:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by NOTurTypical

Originally posted by jmdewey60

No, my salvation is in Jesus. He redeemed us.

"The Dispersed of Judah" is the "Diaspora". Which, also, (like the text says), it's the 2nd time God has regathered them since the Babylonian captivity. Prophecy is cool how it's always 100% accurate huh?

It's a bunch of scrolls that was written down by humans about an event (probable ET intervention) that happened many years before.

It was labelled as the word of a single god by other humans.

People believe it because of the old 'Chinese Whispers' game. People talk about stuff then tell other people and it keeps going until the facts are lost and the fairy tale is written down. After that, people inform/tell/instruct their children to believe in this rubbish that has been handed down to them as fact.

It is just a distorted story that has been changed numerous times over many years.

The idea of a god that is always seeing, hearing, smelling, feeling and, even, tasting has been ingrained into you for behavioral reasons (i.e. I'm in charge and whenever you're awake I'll know whether you are good or bad)

Please, please understand that religion is just a tool that originally was invented to do good but was then taken over as a tool to control.............

top topics

<< 21  22  23   >>

join