It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Rebekah Brooks Finally Quits Over News International Phone Hacking Scandal!!!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   

Rebekah Brooks Finally Quits Over News International Phone Hacking Scandal!!!

www.dailymail.co.uk

Rebekah Brooks this morning sensationally resigned as chief executive of News International, it was revealed.

In an internal email to staff she announced she was standing down to avoid distracting attention from News International's efforts to 'fix the problems of the past'.

In a statement the 43-year-old said: 'I feel a deep sense of responsibility for the people we have hurt.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.guardian.co.uk
www.google.com[/ url]
[url=http://www.nytimes.com/2011/07/16/world/europe/16hacking.html]www.nytimes.com

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 04:44 AM
link   
So as the CEO, she has resigned. What the news story does not mention is any actions against her for being the captain of the ship sort-to-say.

Is it that easy just to quit a leadership role and avoid being responsible for your actions? If she felt such a deep sense of responsibility for her actions then she would not have resigned. She would have gone to court and told the truth. That's being responsible! In other words, her decision to step down was a load of crap!

I hope KARMA gets back at her one way or another. Executives of large corporations should be held accountable over scandals (ex. ENRON).

This is an ironic ending after an interview with Prince Al-Waleed bin Talal Alsaud (the second biggest shareholder of the Corporation) where he mentions that 'Brooks Has To Go' because he values 'high ethics and integrity'....and she did not follow these:

www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 15-7-2011 by Skywatcher2011 because: added video

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:02 AM
link   
woop woop!

Just another 150,374,037 to go

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:08 AM
link   
I wonder if this, along with withdrawing from the BSkyB bid will be enough to call off the dogs?

** I am convinced that a conflict is occurring within the ranks of tptb.. as I can not see Cameron et al willingly going against such a powerful media outlet, especially when the relationship has been so incestuous unless some other equally powerful group is pushing an alternative agenda.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:17 AM
link   
reply to post by thoughtsfull

No it is not, the public will be very angry if this case is dropped. Poetic justice I would state for those Innocent people who's loved ones, whom have been killed or murdered, whose phones or emails have been hacked.

We will have to wait and see, who else resigns.

And off course there is another group pushing this, Murdoch s Critics. They will be jumping for joy with the resignation of Brookes.
edit on 15-7-2011 by AnonymousFem because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:23 AM
link   
So

we have the media, who is our government watchdog, now being watched by the government? to make sure they dont watch us? While we watch them?

AHHHHHHH!!!!!!! This goes too deep. We need a clean slate.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Samuelis because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Samuelis

Oh the thought of it, The politicians regulating the press in the UK from holding them to account. This investigation has opened a large can or worms. Or it is now open season on the free press.

First it will be regulating the press.

Next it will be regulating the internet so the Government can control, what they want to go out on the net, so people such as myself and others cannot give the opposite side of the their truth.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousFem

I dont think there will be any state regulation in the media. As much as Nick Clegg has been caught out in the past he clearly stated yesterday that increased state regulation is just as bad if not worse than no regulation. I believe the new regulators will be an independent body. Maybe I'm being naive, but I'm not seeing any conspiracy with this scandal. Powerful people have an axe to grind with Murdoch and this has been their opportunity to come out swinging, who could blame them. If your enemy shows a weakness, then it's common sense you would exploit it for your own advantage.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:16 AM
link   
reply to post by woodwardjnr

Actually they were discussing this in the open debate over the BSKYB take over bid. They were discussing, regulating sites such as Google, Twitter and Facebook. To make sure supposingly that they know what is being put other there on the net, is in an individual MP's Comments. "So the Government knows what truth or the right truth is being put out there on the internet" More like they want to do this to keep the sinister actions to themselves and from the public.

Weither it does happen is does cause alarm bells to go off. If they do do this, then people like you and me are screwed.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
one down

150000 to go!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   
Yep....her replacement is a Kiwi journalist:

www.nzherald.co.nz...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousFem
reply to post by thoughtsfull

No it is not, the public will be very angry if this case is dropped. Poetic justice I would state for those Innocent people who's loved ones, whom have been killed or murdered, whose phones or emails have been hacked.

We will have to wait and see, who else resigns.

And off course there is another group pushing this, Murdoch s Critics. They will be jumping for joy with the resignation of Brookes.

Although I agree... but since I am personally convinced other hands are involved I have to wonder to myself what horse trading is going on behind the scenes.

I hope it doesn't end here... I hope this continues until the whole corrupt system crumbles.. While the cynic in me wonders with this resignation if they (Media/police/establishment) will try to draw a line under current events to divert attention away from the immoral way they have all behaved.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
Why does there have to be a million threads on here all about the same thing?

Don't the mods crack down on that kind of thing here? Seems flags just encourage it... I would like to see all related posts in one thread to make it easier to read and not miss out any info as I don't have time to be on here all day every day.

Three others in the past few days at least...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by yakuzakid

Since it is not in the same forum, then members are allowed to do so, Maybe this now should have its own forum lol just a suggestion.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Finally.

A lot of people have lost their jobs and had nothing to do with it. I'm glad that the people who did, or at least should have been able to stop it if she really didn't know anything about it, have started to realise that they should as well.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I'm gonna make a prediction and say that Anonymous, or whichever group was doing the other hackings, are going to try hacking into Rupert Murdoch and friends' phones, and put their messages online. I wonder what they'd find.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Ayana

So much for Murdochs "top priority". He's been a bit of a disaster since he turned up.

I think the other News Corp shareholders have started to flex their muscles.

I wonder how long James will last. His days must surely be numbered.

[Edit]

Now ( at 9.20pm) Les Hinton has just resigned. That's the human shields out of the way.

Rupert must be feeling quite lonely.

edit on 15-7-2011 by Knobby because: (no reason given)

top topics

join