It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

"Playing The Race Card"?? Yeah Right!!! You Don't Know The Half!!

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Amaterasu

I'm none too fond of the "racist" accusations *I* have gotten. When I have been harsh in My assessment of Obama, several have tried to suggest I say these things because He's black.

Yes, and those who say it fail to remember that he is also half white.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zamini
reply to post by jerryznv

I am as white as they come...but I do not qualify for some student loan programs at my college because I am not a minority

*sigh*

You just don't understand.

so please do explain.
judging by your last posts it should be quite fun to read

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

Sir,I speak for myself only here. I would never do anything for you because of your race,nor would I do anything to you because of your race. Racism is a two way street,if you expect that things should be done for you because of your race.You should also expect that things will be done to you because of your race.
Being of mixed lineage myself I found that carrying a chip on my shoulder was far heavier than the burden of just being a man. When my self imposed racism died,the racism around me died also.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
I'm going to go ahead and say what has already been said on the first page:
It's not because you're black, it's because of what you're wearing, you can tell in the video.
Two young kids dressed in "street" clothing. I'm sure being black helped the manager's reasoning a little, but your friend in the tuque wasn't helping at all.
Stereotypes are there for a reason. I don't like most of them, but they're there for a reason.

edit on 15-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Being of mixed lineage myself I found that carrying a chip on my shoulder was far heavier than the burden of just being a man. When my self imposed racism died,the racism around me died also.

Now this should be the quote of the day.

Well said.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jonibelle

It's not because you're black, it's because of what you're wearing, you can tell in the video. Two young kids dressed in "street" clothing. I'm sure being black helped the manager's reasoning a little, but your friend in the tuque wasn't helping at all.

Jonibelle, I think your comment was intended for someone else. I have no affiliation with anyone in the video.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   
There are two sides to racism, don't forget that. Some of the most racist people I have ever met in my life are not white. I was raised to treat and respect everyone the same regardless of race, sex, religion, etc. If I own a shop and see a white kid acting suspiciously, I will treat him/her no different than anyone else. It is a trained way of thinking that has people pulling the race card every time they are called out for something they did or did not do. Why? Because it's the easy out. Take a step back, analyze the situation from a different perspective, and understand the logic behind someones thought process. Is he doing/saying this because he's racist or, is it because someone is acting suspicious in his store?
I don't doubt for one second that racism is still prominent in our communities, once again on both ends of the spectrum, but no one says you have to be friends with the local kkk members or black panthers. Go about your day like anyone else and attempt to avoid or ignore the ignorant. Learn to live with it, racism in one form or another will always be around. It is the civilized manner in which people learn to deal with it, that will separate the ignorant from the educated.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy

It's not because you're black, it's because of what you're wearing, you can tell in the video. Two young kids dressed in "street" clothing. I'm sure being black helped the manager's reasoning a little, but your friend in the tuque wasn't helping at all.

Jonibelle, I think your comment was intended for someone else. I have no affiliation with anyone in the video.

Sorry! I hit reply to while reading your post,instead of at the bottom of the page, aha.
It was for the OP
fixed

edit on 15-7-2011 by jonibelle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by NightGypsy
reply to post by Amaterasu

I'm none too fond of the "racist" accusations *I* have gotten. When I have been harsh in My assessment of Obama, several have tried to suggest I say these things because He's black.

Yes, and those who say it fail to remember that he is also half white.

Very true. But I guess He's considered black because of the views from the early days of this country. I forget what percentage of "black" genetics one had to have - but it was like 1/16th - to be considered a negro, and therefore a slave or at least NOT "white."

So sad the previous Humans on this planet made such idiotic and superficial divisions.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by bandito
A couple have mentioned student loans and scholarships . Google is your friend but it will take awhile . There are over 5,000 scholarships offered nation wide to "black only" students . There are two available for "white only" students . Black guys , don't give me that bs of you being discriminated against , racism , when it comes to scholarships and student loans .

The reason for this is:

WHITE PEOPLE WOULD NOT LET BLACK PEOPLE READ, WRITE OR SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES FOR 400 YEARS.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

Originally posted by bandito
A couple have mentioned student loans and scholarships . Google is your friend but it will take awhile . There are over 5,000 scholarships offered nation wide to "black only" students . There are two available for "white only" students . Black guys , don't give me that bs of you being discriminated against , racism , when it comes to scholarships and student loans .

The reason for this is:

WHITE PEOPLE WOULD NOT LET BLACK PEOPLE READ, WRITE OR SUPPORT THEIR FAMILIES FOR 400 YEARS.

And now that they can, why are there still complaints?
Black only scholarships shouldn't be allowed, not in 2011, anyway. what a joke

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by ProphecyPhD

You misspelled Democrat.

David Grouchy

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Sorry! I hit reply to while reading your post,instead of at the bottom of the page, aha. It was for the OP fixed

Haha! I have done the same thing on occasion.....

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:42 PM
link   
I have had my car stolen twice.
I have had a gun pulled on me twice.
One of my best friends was stabbed at a bar and in critical condition for almost a year.

Here is the crazy part, BLACKS WERE RESPONSIBLE for each.

Yes, I am racist.

If a beach ball stole my car twice, waved a gun in my face twice, and almost killed my friend I would hate beach balls.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by ProphecyPhD

I didn't have anything to do with what happened in the past to black people...so why am I excluded from loans and scholarships that only apply to minorities?

How long should I be oppressed from higher learning based on my skin color before it changes up again?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Now I recognize the OP's username.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

replying to this thread for me is now useless because this guy thinks the whole world is against him and his skin colour.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Try doing this in business casual attire or something similar before you assume it's because of your race. I've seen plenty of white guys be followed around when they were dressed like "thugs".

Newsflash: if you're going to dress like a thug, don't be surprised when you're treated like one. AKA with suspicion.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Colour / Religion / Country / Language The four boundaries that us humans such luminaries above all other living things on this planet hold ourselves in such high esteem for we are great..........create these four boundaries that create distrust, hate, war etc.

Try next time talking to the person who you think is from another planet, you will be surprised how much you have in common!!!

Wolfie

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
Let me clarify a few things.

1) That is NOT me in the video.

2) The manager is NOT head of security.

3) Publix has cameras in EVERY aisle.

4) If the manager is following them who is managing the store? Supermarkets are huge and can have hundreds of customers at any given time. If two particular customers are that much of a security risk then why allow them inside the store?

5) The manager was following them everywhere they went and that is why they started recording. So they could have proof instead of people accusing them of playing "the race card".

I never knew America had a dress code. So what you people are saying is this:

"If you don't dress like me, walk/talk like me or act like me i'm going to assume something is wrong with you".

If it is brisk outside i dare not wear a hooded sweatshirt. If it is sunny (or i'm having a bad hair day) i dare not wear a hat. If i am going to shop or walk into any type of business i better have my hair cut and be wearing a suit and tie. If i want to do anything cultural it will be considered criminal.

And whats all this i'm hearing about low income neighborhoods and "street clothes"? My mother used to say "Don't sit on my bed with your street clothes", i always figured "street clothes" were the clothes i wore out in public (bus/train, School,out & about).

Last i checked Publix managers do not own the stores they worked in. Publix managers are low income their selves. The manager of a supermarket makes about as much as the manager of a McDonalds.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
You also have the awfully named "reverse racism", which is really just racism. Once again, everybody just sucks. If you live in a predominately black neighborhood ( more so a ghetto or a neighborhood midway through gentrification) in the city and your white, people will target you assuming you have money. The opposite of this is being an innocent black guy walking through a rich white neighborhood getting hassled by cops or people calling the cops on you. You have situations, lets say on the subway, where a group of African Americans are loudly saying racist things about white people, not one person of any other race will dare say something, the opposite scenario of that is one beat up white dude. These are just examples and you can insert or subtract any race. Racism can come from all sides and all people. To say any group can't be racist is foolish. You can say one doesn't know what its like to be a part of that culture, but you can't say they don't experience hate based on nothing but ethnicity.
edit on 15-7-2011 by JustinSee because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join