It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Harold Camping's 'Rapture' Real Aftermath: Beheadings, Shootings, Mass Graves

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
First i have to ask are there any other sources because i just can't find any.
Second if the vietnam gov kill christains like this all the time. How is this campings fault? They could of been in a church praying in a big group when they came. Did i miss something?
edit on 14-7-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by micmerci
Show me personal independent equal violence so rampant that atheism is to be blamed on specifically...show me someone suicide bombing innocent women and children screaming the name of Darwin and holding a science book up...

This is a post from a thread a few days ago. We were debating acts of violence being committed in the name of religion. My stance is that horrible acts are committed in the name of almost anything, nationalism, race, sexual preference, religion, and yes atheism.

This story only solidifies my argument.

I think you are forgetting Nazi eugenics.

Didn't the Nazis manipulate scientists to "prove" that Germans were the master race (for propaganda purposes, at first).

Didn't their "final solution" murder millions of people in the name of science and all over minute differences in genome?

There's your nutters, specifically screaming the name of Darwin and waving their science books.

... and I guarantee it was 1000 times worse in scale and effect than ALL the religion based terrorism that has ever occurred through ALL of human history.

edit on 14/7/2011 by chr0naut because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
I respect your point of view Old Corp and most of the time find common ground with you, however, as sad as it is Camping is not responsible for these deaths, I agree that he will have a lot of explaining to do on judgment day because of his false teachings, but in Human terms these people made their own choices.

What is the really sad part is the Hmong people’s condition and desire for salvation that they would find so much hope in a false teacher.

Let this become a lesson for all of us to learn. Never, ever believe on face value the words of any other Human who say they are teaching spiritual truths. Only the Holy Sprit is charged with the task, and ONLY the Holy Sprit teaches Truth, and through personal prayer and meditation each of us can communicate with the Holy Spirit.

With that said we can find guidance from our brothers who have walked the path before us, but ultimately it is our responsibility to test their teachings. Never just accept the teaching. This is how tragedies like this occur.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Yes by all means lets blame someone else while we ignore personal responsability. He did not force those people onto the mountain, they went on their own.

They made their own choice....

Why is that someone elses fault?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Exactly he didn't tell them to go up that mountain. In fact wasn't he the one who said jesus or god wouldn't come back untill oct or was it sept? And that the may prediction was just the start with a earthquake. So they must of gotten confused or this story is BS without some other source. I have to admit i rather like to thing someone wouldn't make something like this up/

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   
specifically within the part near the end where camping says "If it is going to be death, leave it to God. God knows who he wants to kill and make a live. Thats his business , not our business."

I know thats a stupid thing to say right off the bat....from what I know about the bible, Gods only intention was for us to live, to have everlasting, eternal life.... & that the one who has to do with people dying is satan. So to say God knows who he wants to kill is just disgusting to me. anyone else agree?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
I'll concede that Camping wasn't directly responsible for the deaths even though the Hmong would not have been gathered together in such large numbers if they weren't waiting for his prophecy to come true. I think that just made them a more tempting target for a regime that actively persecutes Christians.

I'm still angry at the guy for misrepresenting the Word of God, intentionally or unintentionally. How can he think he knows what Jesus said can NOT be known, by any man? And then his coldness... He actually gives ME the shivers.

I'm going to bed early tonight guys. I need to shut this world out of my head for a while and hopefully dream of the next one.

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by OldCorp
What a friggin SCUMBAG this "preacher" is!

He has absolutely NO compassion for these people. Who knows how many hundreds, or thousands, of people are dead because they listened to and believed his false prophecy?

Hi. Reality here. You don't seem very familiar with me so let me clue you in.

The victims in question were murdered by atheists.

Where are all the "good" atheists and their compassion for these murdered people?

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:31 PM
link   
I Love you Old Corp, but this one is a little bit of a stretch for me!

These folks, God-fearing Christians, live in a Country where being Christian is punishable by death and you want to blame Camping for their demise?

Being a Gay man would I dare go dancing through the night in a Muslim Country to celebrate that New York has passed a Gay Marriage bill? Hardly, I would stay he heck out of any place where I would be considered a target! Ahmadinejad would have my head even if he needed decorating tips!

This one is a stretch to say the least. However, the fact that something like this did occur makes you wonder why the UN cannot get off its butt and do something!

NATO is bombing Libya and there are people killed in places that are so twisted it leaves the mind wondering why the world is so messed up!

Naw, Camping didn't do this man! It must be because there are sick people out there who could kill someone just because they believe in a Christian GOD, that is who to blame!

posted on Jul, 14 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
two separate things

1 the poor people the Hmong heard of this prophesy and it caused them to gather together to await the Lord,who didn't arrive
sad that they are so hungry for relief that this made sense to them
2 the police and and military of the the Communist totalitarian regime responded by killing them . We really need to blame them as it is they who did the killing.why are they off the hook for this?

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by Greensage
I Love you Old Corp, but this one is a little bit of a stretch for me!

These folks, God-fearing Christians, live in a Country where being Christian is punishable by death and you want to blame Camping for their demise?

Being a Gay man would I dare go dancing through the night in a Muslim Country to celebrate that New York has passed a Gay Marriage bill? Hardly, I would stay he heck out of any place where I would be considered a target! Ahmadinejad would have my head even if he needed decorating tips!

This one is a stretch to say the least. However, the fact that something like this did occur makes you wonder why the UN cannot get off its butt and do something!

NATO is bombing Libya and there are people killed in places that are so twisted it leaves the mind wondering why the world is so messed up!

Naw, Camping didn't do this man! It must be because there are sick people out there who could kill someone just because they believe in a Christian GOD, that is who to blame!

Of course it is the Vietnamese government that shoulders direct responsibility for the attack on the Hmong, and yes I know it's a stretch. I guess what gets my goat is his complete lack of compassion for anyone other than himself. Hell, I feel bad for them and I didn't have anything to do with it.

When it comes to the Hmong I suppose I have a special place in my heart. They're such a good people; they trusted us during the Vietnam war, but once they served their purpose our government just cut the strings and forgot about them, leaving them to the tender mercies of the Vicoms. If any group of people deserved preferential treatment to immigrate to the US it is the Hmong. There have been several thousand come to America since the end of the war, but if I had my way I'd relocate the whole damn tribe to somewhere in the US with a similar climate, like Florida or Hawaii; maybe even So. Cal.

Off topic, I chortled my coffee because you brought this fella to mind.

Take care Greensage.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   

I know Internet wisdom is "pics or it didn't happen," but I don't see where the guy would have anything to gain by making this up. And apparently persecution of Christians is the norm in Vietnam.

From your link:

stop the "persecution, torture, killings and imprisonment" of the Degar Montagnards, a group of people who sided with the U.S. during the Vietnam war and have been persecuted since.

That doesn't look as if it has anything to do with their religion

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:05 AM
link   
Heh, this reminds me of the saying that the devil only suggests...

if he only suggests and is not responsible for the behavior of mankind why would God hold him responsible?

sort of similar

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by Observer99

Where are all the "good" atheists and their compassion for these murdered people?

These people were not murdered in the name of atheism, rather they were murdered for statism. Their atheism is incidental, much as if they were all vegetarians. We wouldn't claim vegetarians killed these people.

I have nothing but compassion for anyone murdered by a tyrannical regime. Any nation that forces a belief or lack thereof on its citizens is always in the wrong.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

Trusting in Christians to save you is hilarious at first, trusting the USA to help you is just flat out insanity...and listening to Harold Camping is beyond boring and bizarre...this story sounds as surreal as most of the Old Testament, a kind of play to rile up the Christians again.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by rusty moon
specifically within the part near the end where camping says "If it is going to be death, leave it to God. God knows who he wants to kill and make a live. Thats his business , not our business."

I know thats a stupid thing to say right off the bat....from what I know about the bible, Gods only intention was for us to live, to have everlasting, eternal life.... & that the one who has to do with people dying is satan. So to say God knows who he wants to kill is just disgusting to me. anyone else agree?

Uh, no. God will allow people to suffer second death. He also killed quite a few people in the Old Testament. God, or His Son, will also poor down His wrath upon a world.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by Observer99

These people were not murdered in the name of atheism, rather they were murdered for statism. Their atheism is incidental, much as if they were all vegetarians. We wouldn't claim vegetarians killed these people.

I have nothing but compassion for anyone murdered by a tyrannical regime. Any nation that forces a belief or lack thereof on its citizens is always in the wrong.

Kind of how the crusades were mainly about politics than religion. Religion was only incidential and a way for corrupt people to use in politics.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
reply to post by OldCorp

ROFLMGAO!!! Anyone that can pull a picture like that out of their hat has got to be deserving of a place in Heaven! LOL

OH my, what will Sharia Law be like for me?
Shame on me for laughing so hard!

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
Your words: "I see your point, but he should have known that there would be violence, hysteria, and even suicides among some people. A person who is listened to by millions - and knows it - can't just say, "Oh well, not my problem" and not bear at least some responsibility. I know if something I said led to the death of even ONE innocent person I'd feel tremendous guilt; but then again, I have a conscience - apparently Camping does not."

1. Hysteria and suicides? Where was this in your original post?
2. How is he responsible for the Communist Vietenemese police/soldiers killing those people? Because Christians gathered on a hilltop praising the Lord??
3. Where did he not express remorse????

We are in agreement that he should have kept his opinion to himself regarding a rapture date. But in no way is this responsible for the action of murderers.

posted on Jul, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   

What a friggin SCUMBAG this "preacher" is!

He has absolutely NO compassion for these people. Who knows how many hundreds, or thousands, of people are dead because they listened to and believed his false prophecy?

I know one thing is for sure: When he is standing before God, Camping is gonna have a lot of explaining to do.

He won't be standing before God because he's going straight to hellflames

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join